• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokegrandpa joins the forum

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    I might not even be a parent, but feel like a poke grandpa seeing some of the ages here lol. I came here cause I found an old thread playing pokemon games using the no cathing rule. I would like to attempt this with the first game I started out with, pokemon red and blue. I will not be using a ROM but my good old cartridge LOL.

Got back into pokemon when I thought to myself let's get a 3ds and pokemon x. The game has changed quite a lot from the last game I bought (which was pokemon black). So I played gen 1 and 2, and now gen 5 and 6. So I do feel like I still missed a lot since I never went in depth. If I succeed this run, I'll try a run at pokemon black or pokemon y (dont wanna lose my pokemon and there is no release date for pokemon bank known for Europe).

D'aww, welcome, PKMNtrainer! You're never too old for Pokemon so I hope you won't feel that way. I hope I'll still be into it well into my 30s, 40s, and beyond. :) It's really amazing and super fun.

Yeah, looking back on it Pokemon has changed a whole lot. I'm sure I'd be overwhelmed if I were to play X and Y after not having played for a long time.. but of course in a good way. n_n You can always catch up if you feel you've missed out on a fair bit and if you're ever stuck along the way you can ask the members here. Everyone's pretty great and shares your love for Pokemon so of course we'll be more than happy to assist.

Have an amazing time here, yes? Let our moderators or other staff know if you need any help at all.

Years
    Hi! Welcome to the forum!

As Sheep said, you are definitely never too old for Pokemon. I know that I will be a fan of Pokemon for many years to come! :3 I've been a fan since the days of Red and Blue, and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. The games sure have changed a lot since Red and Blue though, but for the better! I like to play my Red and Blue copies sometimes for nostalgia purposes. Can't beat the originals!

Anyway, I am sure you'll love PC. We've got all sorts of Pokemon discussions for you to take part in, including sections for all the games including the spinoffs. We also have many non-Pokemon sections too. If you need anything, just ask! The moderators and members of PC are super friendly!

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
    Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
    -Mark Twain

Point is, it doesnt matter, people are going to grow old, but that doesnt mean they should stop having fun.

Welcome to the forum!
    ~Karinmo

Back