• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeGyms - Coin Retrievals

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I wanted to share this because I literally just found out yesterday. I've been under the assumption that when you take over a Gym that you must wait 20+ hours in order to retrieve your coins. However, this new found knowledge was shared with me yesterday; which caused me to share with you all and it changes everything!

Which leads me to present; when you defeat a gym and put one of your Pokemons into the the Gym to claim it. You'll want to visit the "Shop" in-game to immediately and click on the shield to retrieve your 10 coins. There is no wait, nada; just retrieve and proceed on your way. I haven't been able to test if this is a once a day thing, or if you take over 15 different gyms you get 150 coins. Maybe someone else can teach me.

I hope I am not the only one who was traveling around thinking that Gyms were absolutely pointless. lol

However, if I've helped - you're welcome!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I put a post that covers this in another thread but yes if you have 15 gyms then 150 coins, however I would be very surprised to see anyone hold 15 gyms at a time, my record is 8 and I'm in a rural area, the more urban the area the harder it is to hold gyms

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    15 gyms = 150 coins and you can only claim the entire bonus once per 24 hours. When you claim the bonus, even if it's just for one gym and then you take another after, you'll only get the bonus for that one gym and you'll have to wait 24 hours after claiming in order to claim any that you've taken in the meantime. It's a game of risk basically - do you claim when you're at a small number of gyms to make sure you get some coins or do you wait until you've amassed several and risk losing them?

Years
  • Yep, I've been getting 10 coins daily..I live in Boston, and even with CP 2000 fighters, you'd be lucky to hold a gym for longer than 30 minutes.

Also as a clarification, the cooldown is 21 hours, not 24.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    For clarification purposes.

Is it (1) gym for 10 coins a day?

OR

Can I obtain X amount of gyms and receive 10 coins per gym obtained?

Thanks for the clarification before hand. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I'm understanding that aspect of it. What I'm trying to understand is that if I head out tonight and lets say I take one Gym, then take another, and take 3 more - if I collect coins after this without any Gym being taken over; how many coins would I retrieve?

Further, if I were to only take (1) gym and collect, then head over to another gym and take it over - will I be able to collect again?

Hopefully I've been able to make myself a bit more clear. Thanks again for your assistance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    if you take 5 gyms then cash out you will get 50 coins and wont be able to cash out for next 21 hours.
    If you cashed after 1 gym you would get 10 coins then no matter how many other gyms you take you wont be able to get coins for them until the end of the 21hr period.
    Thats why i take my gyms quickly, if im in town in the day and could add a pokemon to a gym i never do since the gym will get taken back by the time i could cash it out so it would just waste my potions

Back