• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeluvers!

Rate this site 1-10

• Total voters

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
  • You do realize trying to get members to join your forum like that is still advertising... Also, your HTML coding is very bad. You are capitalizing some of it and then the others you don't. I don't mind the layout, it's actually decent. And half the time your pokedex doesn't even work for me (I can't click on any links).

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm am thinking about adding a section or two and would like to know what you all would like to see. I could add a guide section that covers different games, items, and etc. I could add pictures or maybe videos. there are many things i could add but i want the viewers to decide so the site will be more enjoyable to them.

I added some updates and i am currently adding more stuff now so stay tune...

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • It is difficult to tell what the actual point of the site is. I'm not sure what you did to the Pokedex page, but most of the links are unclickable for me (they are there, but can't be selected. It's as though there's another layer over them).

Years
  • I have been looking through this thread looking at peoples comments and I have realized that I never really covered what you would see if you went to the site.

The main features include:
    Game News/Updates
    Forums
    A Topic for Every Month
    Pokedex
    Along with other things such as the orphanage and interview sections.

Like always, leave your comments and suggestions.

Years
  • I have just made some page changes for the up coming holidays and I am hoping to get more hits on the site we are less than 50 hits away from 1000 hits. Personally in all of my past websites they never went passed 20-30 hits after 8 monthes so i deleted them but this site is showing real progress atleast in my eyes. so stop by and see what we've got.

Years
  • I feelo weird writing my third post in a row here but no ones responding and i need to put up that the site is getting a layout change

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2009
    This website has the pleasure of testing my newly designed rating system for websites. :D

Layout
    The layout is obviously one built by a site builder, rather than with your own two hands (i.e. through CSS and HTML). This acts to the detriment of your site's originality in its look and feel. However, it is reasonably clear: text is not difficult to read, and pages aren't hard to find.

However, broken links are present in the navigation which does act to the detriment to the feel of the website, particularly when it redirects you to a page that is not in sync with the rest of your layout.

My recommendation would be to build your own layout, even if it means changing hosts (if the current host only operates with a site builder.)

Atmosphere
    There are some grammatical errors in the site, like with "Once you beat the elite four and get the National Dex the following thing happen" or "New section with news about all of the New Pokemon games!" but there is nothing intrusive. You also seem to make a noticeable attempt to make the atmosphere friendly.

One thing I would suggest is to run all your paragraphs through a spelling and grammar checker (like Microsoft Word) so all your sentences are correct. Also, I would suggest personalising it a bit more: try to have a writing style that is distinctly you. It does take a while to develop, but it's worth it.

Uniqueness
    Here we hit a bump. Many viewers can forgive a generic layout, but your content lacks originality. For example, you've obviously put a lot of work into your Pokédex, but it doesn't have any new information that can't be gotten elsewhere, like at Veekun or Serebii.

It is so important to be unique, because it will give people a reason to come to your site rather than the myriad of other Pokémon sites out there. It's hard, but it's essential. I suggest you start by asking the question, "what can I offer that nobody else can? What can I do better than everyone else?" And then, move from there.

You said something about a six-month milestone, so I can see you have the determination. :) Now it's time to put that determination to good use.

Informative Content
    Your informative content consists of a Pokédex. As I've said, this is a good start, but you have to add more. Most people don't check a Pokédex for flavour text or abilities - they'll check it for moves, locations, and other juicy things.

Creating a full Pokédex with all this information is a daunting task, so maybe you'll want to delay that to post other things. Game reviews are a good place to start, but be careful: don't list simple facts. Be deep in your reviews, and preferrably review games that haven't received much coverage. Ultimately, it's your choice, but you need to improve the depth of your content.

Interactive Content not applicable

Creative Content not applicable

Overall
    Overall, the biggest thing you need to change is your content: make it deeper and make it more original. Then, you should work on building your own layout. I'm sorry if you find this review harsh, and I'll be willing to discuss it more in detail through VM or PM, but it's aimed at helping your site get better. :)

I 100% agree. Your Javascript is failing. Nothing for the Pokedex links in Safari 4.

Years
  • well the site is still about the same but there are some noticable changes that are around the site. now over 1100 hits so yippy!!! Please post some comments and suggestions so that i as webmaster can address them as best i can for ur enjoyment. have a merry christmas and happy hannikah and good new year and etc etc..........

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO PRESENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /\
    / \
    / \
    [] ♫♣◄╬

Back