• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A New Beggining

Xaivier

You trust me with a title?
Years
  • This is my scrapbox thread for my soon-to-be in progress hack, Pokemon: A New Beggining.

Story...

You are a scientist, about 35 years in age.
    You work for a major company, known as Otsuda Corp. which was founded by a rich businessman named Bill Orison, known mostly as Mr. Orison, whos is a long time friend of the protagonist of the story. (you.) You and your husband/wife are currently working on 'Project Vitalise' wich is the codename for a system to restore pokemon fossils. When one morning, you are called to meet your boss, and friend, Bill in his office.

You learn that over the past month, strange energy sources were being picked up by an Otsuda corp. sattelite, in various locations over the region. The energy that is found is remarkable, in that fact that it is spontanious. You and a collegue, Professor Stepheny Matera, are asked to join the field team and track down these energy sources, and return them to Otsuda Corp for testing.

But, what Mr. Orison does not realise, is that there main competitor (I dont have an idea for the name currently) has also discovered the sources, and are just as interested in collecting them for themselves.

What are these energy sources? What powers do they hold?

Anyways.

This will be a hack of Pokemon Sapphire version, and will have A FEW diamond pokemon inserted. Primarily the evo's and pre-evo's of pokemon already in the game.
    -No gyms.
    -No elite four.
    -An expansive story line.
    -Side quests, and a second story.
    -I am leaving the story past the intro a mystery. I do not plan to reveal anything past this, I may give hints, but no solid evidence.

A little bit of backstory for the characters...

Professor Garret Mayner - If you choose male, you are playing this character.
    - 37 years old.
    - Husband of Professor Melanie Mayner
    - 16 year old son named James Mayner
    - Was never interested in becoming a pokemon trainer as a kid, was more interested in reading a good book, and one day becoming an inventor.
    - Long time friend of Bill Orison.

This is Garret
    Pokemon: A New Beggining

Excuse the fact that he is in the truck, it wont be appearing in the rom. I just wanted to show off the sprite.

Professor Melanie Mayner - If you choose female, you are playing this character.
    - 34 years old.
    - Wife of Garret Mayner
    - 16 year old son named James Mayner
    - Was a pokemon trainer for a few years in her youth, but found science as her true calling.
    - Met Bill Orison after marrying Garret.

James Mayner - Son of Garret and Melanie
    - 16 years old.
    - Interested in becoming a trainer.

Bill Orison - CEO of Otsuda Corp.
    - Runs Otsuda with the motto "Leading the world to a brighter future."
    - Long time friend of Garret.
    - Is interested in harnessing the mysterious power sources.

More characters will be developed as I go along.

I have began working on the players sprites, and have made a few maps.
    Screenshots will ve up in a few days, for now just rate the story itself.

Also, Il redraw my worldmap idea, scan it, and post it here.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    How are you going to make a second story?
    the overall ideas are good but some of them i just can't believe.
    what purpose will the badges have?
    The side quests will be a good addition but will you get a prize for certain stuff(like getting a pikachu for an old lady)?

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    NIN, if you read the post properly, it says, no badges, no Elite Four. Which is a bloody good change.

Xaivier

Years
  • The badges graphics will be used for... something else. Not telling.

Anyways, by 'second story' I mean, after the main storyline is completed you can move on to a second one. The second one will be much harder of course, you wouldnt be able to do it at the level you finish the first.

Also, just put up a picture of the male characters sprite.
    I just need to finish the diving, surfing, fishing, and biking sprites for it.

Last edited:

Xaivier

Years
  • Heh. No. I have to get it done.
    Im going to get some map screens up soon.

After I get the male sprite done, Il work on the female one.

I used the scientist sprite as a base for Garret, I will probobly use his battle sprite (front facing) as well, with heavy editing on it.

The female sprite will not be as easy. I dont have a decent base to work off of, so I will have to take a sprite I like and edit it. It will take a lot longer.

While, the rivals sprite will have a more... Fantastic Feel. To say the least, she wont fit the norm for a scientist.

Back