• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Acceptance

Years
  • Wow, I was NOT expecting this game to be updated for Hisui and especially Paldea! Big congrats for managing to get it done, and major props for doing it in the first place! I still hope you could add a male protagonist at some point, but what you're doing now is more than enough! Seriously, thank you!

Edit: If you want help in the future, I'd recommend checking out (broken link removed) DarkusShadow's frequently-updated Paldean following sprites on Deviantart, and this Google Drive link to a bunch of Spanish-created Gen 9 sprites!

Wow thanks so much! I really appreciate that :) I'd like to update this game with each new gen, as every gen I imagine will have some weaker mons I'd like to give a chance to shine.
    I actually forgot about the protagonist sprites, one of the artists I was hiring has retired. Maybe at some point I can pay someone else to draw a male protagonist, I know that can be a dealbreaker for some players.
    I appreciate the links! The first two I actually did use some of their assets and credited them! A lot of it was not optimized for essentials 17.2 so it was quite a process to get things converted over lol. That last spanish link I had no idea about though! that has a ton of overworld sprites that I couldn't find anywhere else! Probably will include some of those on the next bug fix update. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    Nice to be back and doing a fresh new playthrough. I'm aiming to build a slightly different team with the newly added Hisui and Gen 9 Pokemon.

That being said, there's an error I've spotted in which a Tarountula I caught had the wrong typing of Water/Dragon.

https://imgur.com/a/pfdFAzA

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    I absolutely adore this game! It's a shining gem amongst the sea of games that try to be gritty and deep and fail. Perfect level of difficulty to have fun but not get frustrated! All the characters are adorable and I can't wait to see what's next.

But I'm stuck. Talking to the nurse trainer on Fall Route froze my game, and I had a popup saying 'The script is taking too long. The game will restart'. Then it saved, and it did restart, except it's still hanging after the restart. I think I'll need to send you my save to fix this...

Second, minor, thing, is that Bonsly is identified as female in the dialogue but can wind up male. Had to restart to fix that one!

Years
  • I absolutely adore this game! It's a shining gem amongst the sea of games that try to be gritty and deep and fail. Perfect level of difficulty to have fun but not get frustrated! All the characters are adorable and I can't wait to see what's next.

But I'm stuck. Talking to the nurse trainer on Fall Route froze my game, and I had a popup saying 'The script is taking too long. The game will restart'. Then it saved, and it did restart, except it's still hanging after the restart. I think I'll need to send you my save to fix this...

Second, minor, thing, is that Bonsly is identified as female in the dialogue but can wind up male. Had to restart to fix that one!

Thank you so much! That means a lot! :) Yes you can send me the save file here in a DM, or on discord, which ever you prefer https://discord.gg/XBsUYkmYMJ
    For the nurse trainer, is this the doctor inside the house, is it Audino, or someone else? thank again for reaching out!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    My bad; maybe it's not a nurse, but a maid. I'll send the file over on Discord :)

Years
  • New update! Hisui Lilligant (with Victory Dance) along with a few small bug fixes :)
    Unlike other H-forms, Hisui Lilligant has a BST of 480, and therefore does not require a force stone for evolution.

Years
  • is there guides?

I don't have an official site for anything, but I don't encrypt any files so you're free to check the PBS folder inside the game, I include signposts of catchable Pokémon in each area, and if you have any other questions I'm happy to answer them here or on discord :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    where are the location of the containers in the windmill pass near beginning of game, i think i only found 1 or 2 out of 5

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    This might be one of my favorite fangames I have played so far!
    I really like your approach to the player-character having some actual personality and dialogue without being too distracting or feeling too out of place (in fact, I might take a similar approach in my own fangame). The story is pretty fun with a creative premise (that also has some impact on how the game plays which I appreciate greatly) and the characters are really easy to get attached to, even the new ones. I really like the selection of Pokemon that gives lesser used ones more chance to shine.

But I do however have some criticism to give as well, as much worth as it has from someone who has yet to make my own fangame, but that are still worth bringing up as both a player and a writer. Apologize for the gigantic wall of text incoming, as well as any grammatical errors:

General Criticism:

- I don't know if you have mentioned this somewhere before, but I would appreciate a clarification on which generation Acceptance is following in terms of move learnset and mechanics. This something useful and kind of important to know when planning out a team (especially when it comes to changes in abilities), and I do honestly feel that this should be mentioned somewhere in the FAQ.

- The worldbuilding and timeline-placement is a tad confusing. Keep in mind that events from later generations are almost always (with a handful of exceptions) interpreted as happening after earlier ones unless explicetly stated. And with a game that is supposed to take place a few years before Colosseum, yet somehow after the events of PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond, it makes the choice of characters really confusing and muddles the timeline even further. The fact that this game takes place before Colosseum in particular causes a lot of problems timeline-wise, especially when you take the direct sequel XD: Gale of Darkness into account, and having Ein and Miror B travel to the Poképark after Cipher supposedly were shut down at the end of Colosseum (which would explain their absence in XD) makes a lot more sense to me at least. Just to make it clear: I am not knocking their characterization, just the choice of having all of them stuck together in the same game at the same time.
    Adult Gary? Okay, I can buy that.
    A younger Cynthia that has yet to have acquired her iconic look? A little more shaky when combined with Adult Gary, but can still work.
    A young Miror B that has yet to have his iconic haircut, let alone his name? Very shaky when combined with a Tierno that for all intents and purposes is still a teenager at the beginning of X and Y.
    It might have worked better to have Miror B as his normal adult self who suckered the good-natured Tierno in through his goofy personality and their shared love for dancing, it is made clear in XD: Gale of Darkness that Miror B is no longer working for Cipher (given he is no longer a Cipher Admin and is instead referred to as Wanderer) so the idea of him being hired by Ein (who again he already knew from back in his Cipher-days) to reinforce his operation in the Poképark is not all that unfeasable.

- I personally feel that the Sewers are cut off from you far too early and for far too long, making it time-consuming to grind up any new team-member caught in Seasong Beach and makes it much more difficult to afford the moves that are now available in Cove Town given the amount suddenly available to you. I understand that you want to prevent the player from overlevelling, but it makes all the boss-fights coming up much more difficult than they really should be.

Errors I have noticed:

- The soft reset (the one caused by pressing F12) appears to be broken. I get this error every time I try to reset, whether to get a different ability for a potential team-member or getting a second try on a difficult boss-fight: Critical Error C0000005 at adress 100717E6. After this the window automatically closes itself.
    - The always shiny Pidgey in the Flying Cave (whose sign still calls it the Bug Cave for the record) is no longer guaranteed to be shiny. On a similar note, the Snorunt the player can get as a starter is not guaranteed to be male anymore.
    - Paldean Wooper looses its Ground-typing when it evolves into Clodsire. Is that intentional or just an error?
    - I keep receiving this error every single turn that I battle against Sandygast:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Acceptance
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `movetype' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x1259f610>

PokeBattle_Battler:2866:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2738:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2738:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3221:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3201:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3224:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3422:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3421:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3421:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2829:in `pbAttackPhase'

It isn't that big of a deal considering that the battle does continue, but it does make the battles longer than they need to be.

Years
  • New update! Version 3.12 fixes Clodsire's typing, and has a few other bug fixes. The post-game lobby area has also been expanded, with some new items for sale and most importantly, a new challenging battle simulator to help train for the last two battles.
    Lastly, there's a special surprise now for those that want to team up with Pignite for the final battle. Just talk to him in the lobby! (Note: he may not appear in the lobby depending on the choice you make in Terminus Cave in the Kalos region).

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just upgraded to v3.12 and my Clodsire is still pure Poison-type. You seem to have forgotten to update the PBS-file...

Years
  • I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just upgraded to v3.12 and my Clodsire is still pure Poison-type. You seem to have forgotten to update the PBS-file...

That is SO weird. It must have somehow got overwritten or something along the way. I appreciate you pointing it out, I'm doing a fresh upload right now. Also adding in more Pokeballs to purchase in the throne room for early game. Look for v 3.12.1 here in a few minutesand that should have the clodsire fix. if it doesn't I am yeeting this computer out my window lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    That is SO weird. It must have somehow got overwritten or something along the way. I appreciate you pointing it out, I'm doing a fresh upload right now. Also adding in more Pokeballs to purchase in the throne room for early game. Look for v 3.12.1 here in a few minutesand that should have the clodsire fix. if it doesn't I am yeeting this computer out my window lol

Just checked when I came home from work and the issue with Clodsire's typing seems to have been fixed. I really appreciate the quick response.

Still get the error with the Sandygast though (pasted below for reference), the battle still continues so it is not the end of the world but it makes using it on a team pretty hard since it's ability is essentially broken.

Pokemon Acceptance
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `movetype' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xe0afd98>

PokeBattle_Battler:2866:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:2738:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battler:2738:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:3221:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3201:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:3224:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3422:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:3421:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3421:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battle:2829:in `pbAttackPhase'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Felicia\Saved Games\Pokemon Acceptance\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Days
    • Seen Dec 14, 2023
    I don't know if i'm just being dumb but when I evolve petilil and cottonee and I go to the move remember in cove town it isn't showing the moves these two are able to remember once evolved such as quiver dance and tailwind/moonblast. I don't know if this is cause of balancing or if its a bug, also I noticed petilil didn't learn giga drain at level 21 like its suppose to so I am also asking about that as well.

Back