• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures: Sinnoh Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
Years
  • Kate woke up just before her alarm wailed, smacking her hand onto the off button. She sat up in the bed at a small motel in Sandgem. She pulled on her signature outfit. Kate went downstairs to the desk to see if she had any mail. Surprisingly, there was a letter addressed to her.

"Ms. Kate Blaze,
    You are to report to the research laboratory at 10 AM, as I have some Pokemon that you may choose your starter from.
    Sincerely,
    Professor Rowan." Kate read.

Hmm, a Pokemon for me, she mused, pulling her backpack on. She grabbed a packed lunch and stuffed it in as well. She headed toward the lab. She poked her head in to take a look around. The room was empty of people, but she saw a letter on the table. Kate walked in and picked the letter up off the table.

"Please head to Lake Verity," the letter said. Kate sighed, then left the laboratory and headed for the lake.

Kate jogged towards the lake, hoping there wouldn't be anymore instructions for her there. Hopefully she'd meet this professor soon. Kate finally reached the lake.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Zore- Pending! You need to edit your hitory to two paragraphs but other than that you'll be accepted just edit that please;)

SailorShadow- Good post you may move onto post two!!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Name: Vanessa Lopez

Personality: Look up the definition for Prima Donna in the dictionary, and you just might find Vanessa's picture. In other words, I dare you to find someone more conceited than her. Being an only child, she was constantly spoiled by her parents to the point where she actually believed she was better than some people. Due to this, Vanessa isn't exactly a team player but will still travel with the group, as her fear of being left alone overpowers any standards she has. When it comes to Pokemon relationships, Vanessa acts a bit differently. She'd much rather capture cute Pokemon as opposed to strong ones, but once she does capture one, she becomes extremely affectionate of it. Maybe a little too affectionate...

Appearance: Vanessa is quite the beauty, if I do say so myself. Her skin his a light caramel color, almost as if she spends all her days tanning in the sun. Atop her head is mane of curly, black hair that extends to her shoulder blades. On particularly hot days, she ties it up in a ponytail, as do most females. She always puts on pink and glittery lipstick before leaving home and just in case, takes an extra lipstick capsule with her at all times. Her normal attire consist of a flashy necklace, a sleeve-less blue shirt, red and blue plaid shorts, a pair of all-white running sneakers, and last but not least, a pink backpack in which she holds all her necessities.

Preferred Starter: Chikorita

History: Vanessa was born into a high-middle class family in Celadon city. Her parents only wanted one child, so when she was to be left an only child. Her father was the one who "brought home the bacon," as the saying goes, so her mother stayed home most of the time. Leaving two females in a house together will only amount to one thing: massive amounts of make-up, and in those first ten years is when Vanessa developed her stylish personality. Then tragedy struck when her mother became terribly ill. Although she survived the sickness, for two months Vanessa had to stay home everyday, alone. Ever since her mother recovered, she never wanted to be alone for such a long time again, and her parents feared this would interfere with their plans to send her off on a Pokemon journey. Finally they came up with a plan and moved to the small town of Twinleaf, where many trainers traveled in packs. They also wanted to get their daughter away from the rising Team Rocket activity in Celadon, but little did they know of the equally evil organization known as Team Galactic.

Trainer: Battler, but has interest in catching cute Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Gummy- Accepted!! Go ahead and start your journey through Sinnoh!!!!!.:)

Zore- accepted! begin your first post...Woohoo!

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Shaun is: At Sandgem

"Hello?" Shaun called from the entrance to Professor Rowan's laboratory, but there was no reply. Hey, this was awesome, wasn't it? So...then she spotted the letter hanging from the door, At Lake Verity. Oh, just great, just great. She left the lab and walked quickly out of Sandgem Town. Well, look on the bright side, Lake Verity wasn't all that far away. She started jogging again, to get there in good time.

Shaun sighed, continuing to jog forward, her eyes focused on the trees ahead of her, Lake Verity lay just beyond those trees. Almost there, Shaun thought, her sides beginning to ache, she must have ran at least two miles, suddenly, a bidoof ran out across her path.

"What the-?" Almost by instinct she executed a jump into the air, doing a split and rotation. She had practiced that for years till she could do it perfectly, and now she saved herself from tripping by doing that move to jump over a bidoof. Weird way to use gymnastics. But whatever.

"Kali loves the sea...kali loves the sea..." Shaun started singing, her own voice surprising her, she had a pretty good voice, but she wasn't a fan of singing. She rarely sang. "Oh, look, I'm here!" She exclaimed, as she stopped singing. Shaun walked through the trees, spotting the beautiful lake up ahead, hearing the gentle lapping of the waves against the shore, the birds singing softly, the gentle breeze whistling through the trees, and...

The cries of two people. "Professor?" Shaun peered into the distance, to see Professor Rowan and who must have been his assistant being attacked by pokemon. Her jaw dropped and she ran forward. "Professor!"

"OH, HELLO THERE! PLEASE HELP US! THE POKEMON ARE IN THEIR POKEBALLS IN THE SUITCASE, CHOOSE ONE AND RELEASE IT, THEN GIVE MAX HERE ONE TO BATTLE THE OTHER POKEMON!" Professor Rowan shouted. Flustered, Shaun looked around for the suitcase, and spied it near a few trees, running there, she took a pokeball out, tossing it to "Max" and took one of for herself.

"GO, pokeball!" She cried, tossing it up in the air, and a Shinx came out, shaking itself off and looking around. "Shinx? Okay then, shinx it is, use tackle on that starly!" She pointed at one of the starly, not quite grasping the idea, and the shinx obeyed immediately, dashing forward and using a tackle attack, knocking the starly down and enraging it. Man, what an adventure! Shaun thought, now what do I do?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • "Vanessa, hurry downstairs, your breakfast is getting cold!" ordered an elegant female voice. Within seconds of the commands, the sound of sneakers pounding on the stairs filled the house, until finally Vanessa jumped from the fourth step. Her black, curly hair flowed in the air as if a powerful gust had just passed by, and she landed gracefully in her living room. She was dressed in her normal attire: a flashy necklace, a sleeve-less blue shirt, red and blue plaid shorts, and a pair of all-white running sneakers. After recovering from the jump, the young girl ran forward and made a sharp left turn into the kitchen.

"I'm... here... mom," she said, breathing intensely.

"The day has barely begun and already you're worn out," the older woman commented. Vanessa was a spitting image of her mother, except shorter. "Hurry up and finish your breakfast, you know you have an appointment with Professor Rowan."

"Yeah, yeah," Vanessa managed to mumble with a mouthful of pancakes. She quickly devoured the meal, tossed her plate into the sink, gave her mother a kiss on the cheek, and ran for the exit.

"I believe you're forgetting something, young lady!" called Mrs. Lopez just as Vanessa reached the door. In her hand was a pink backpack, containing many of her daughter's necessities. The young girl reluctantly marched back to her mother, snatched the backpack, and dashed for the door once again.

"I'll give you a call later, around the time dad comes home from work!" Vanessa shouted before slamming the door shut.

It was a particularly sunny day outside, which was a good thing, as this was the day many aspiring travelers from various towns left for their Pokemon journeys. Vanessa had her own goals, which were a tad different from the usual trainers'. Her dream was not only to become a Sinnoh League Champion (and get the money and fame that comes with it), but to also catch an assortment of adorable and cute Pokemon, no matter how weak they were.

Vanessa daydreamed about how her journey would play out all the way to Rowan's lab in Sandgem. She was so much lost in her own world that she barely noticed the other trainers traveling in the opposite direction. When she did finally reach Sandgem, she couldn't help but notice the lights to the lab were turned off.

"That's odd; why would he ask us to be on time, but he's late himself?"

Anxious to get her journey started, Vanessa tried turning the knob, and to her amazement, the door was unlocked. It didn't take a genius to figure out the lab was completely empty, so Vanessa eased her way to Rowan's main desk, hoping to find some sort of clue as to what was going on. On his desk was letter requesting her, among other beginning trainers, to meet at Lake Verity, which just happened to be in the opposite direction.

"That old man has some nerve, thinking he can ask a bunch of kids to be at one place, then tell them to go to another! Oh, when I get my hands on him...'" Vanessa muttered the last bit of her threat as she stormed out of the lab, rather angry.

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Marcus walked with a bounce in his step as he headed to the Sandgem Pokemon lab, today was a special day after all. Grinning ear to ear the boy confidently strode the short paved street, his mind abuzz with thoughts of his very first Pokemon. As the boy drew closer he failed to notice several key details in his dream-like haze, the most important of which was the lack of lights emanating from the building.

Marcus didn't even bother knocking and let himself in, after all he was expected. The boy looked around the lab curiously, dazzled by the advanced equipment and rows of Pokemon related books. After a few minutes he noted a distinct lack of people in his immediate vacinity and began wildly looking around for the missing Professor. He wandered a bit periodically calling out the errant Professor's name but to no avail.

Stumped, he decided to take a harder look around and wandered over to the massive Mahogany desk. It was a true work of art with Pokemon carefully sculpted into the siding and Marcus found himself admiring the wonderful craftsmanship. He let his eyes wander over the rest of the desk, pausing when he detected a curiously out of place white envelope with his name on it.

Curious, the boy tore it open making sure to drop the trash in a proper receptacle as his eyes scanned the letter. When he finished he smiled and shoved it in his pocket and left the same way he came, almost skipping along the path to lake Verity.

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    As Marcus drew closer and closer to lake Verity he began to hear odd noises, noises he had never heard before. At first he filtered it out, so happy imagining the cool things he would do on his journey to pay attention, but as the noises grew louder he stopped to ponder what could be making them. Coming up blank he headed towards the source, walking with a perplexed look on his face.

As he finally came into sight of the source he stopped dead as his brain refused to process the images. Oh he could understand the individual parts, Professor Rowan and an assistant standing by the lake; several Starlys using tackle attacks. But his brain could not, would not accept the whole scene, 'POKEMON DO NOT ATTACK PEOPLE' had been so hammered into his mind he was almost having a psychotic break.

"Hey! HEY!" The Professor and his cohort were attempting to get his attention he realized after several seconds of blank stares. They wanted him to... throw a ball. Ok, he could do that nice simple mechanical steps. Step one find pokeball, step two throw it, step three battle ... at this point Marcus' brain stopped processing for several minutes as he could not comprehend, could not cope with this massive a shift of worldview.

A minute or so later he realized the screams were getting louder and losing all traces of language they might once have contained, so he began to follow the instructions they had been repeating over and over to him. Throw the blue ball to them. Check he thought as the Great ball sailed through the Starlys to be snagged by the assistant.

Step two, throw one of the pokeballs and help fight off the Starlys, this too he could do; bending over and picking up one with a tiny flame on it and releasing it in one motion. A tiny fiery hedgehog burst forth from the ball, breaking him from his stupor as he realized that he now was controlling a pokemon, and a Cyndaquil no less. He looked amazed at the slitted eyes as the pokemon scrunched up as if asking him for instructions.

"Oh, right... um... Tackle the Starlys?" Marcus guessed as the tiny fire pokemon leaped into the battle alongside Rowan's assistant's pokemon.

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
  • Suddenly, Kate heard someone cry out.

"Help! Get the suitcase by the tree, pick a pokemon and throw one to Max!" the person shouted, a Starly attacking him and another attacking his companion. Kate went over to the tree and picked up a Pokeball.

"Go, Pokeball?" she said, throwing the sphere. Out popped a small orange lizard with a flame at the end of its tail. Kate recognized it to be a Charmander, then grabbed another Pokeball and threw it to the other person, who caught it and released a Staraptor.

"Charmander, use Scratch on that Starly!" Kate shouted, watching as the lizard's claws got bigger and ripped into the unsuspecting Starly. "Good, one more time!" Charmander's claws dug into the tiny bird pokemon once more, fainting it. Max's Staraptor easily took out the other Starly. The man that cried out walked up to her.

"Hello, I'm Professor Rowan. Thank you for saving us from those Starly. You are Kate, correct?" he stated.

"Yeah, and no problem," Kate answered. "So... You had a pokemon for me?"

"Yes, let's go back to the lab," Rowan said, picking up the suitcase of Pokeballs. The three of them started walking back to Sandgem Town,

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
  • Character Name: Thomas Mitchell

Birth Date: October 27 1991

Apperance: Thomas has dirty blonde hair that curls at the ends just above his eyes, his height is exactly 6 foot 3 inches. He has a slight tan and he is mildly muscular. Thomas wears faded baggy blue jeans, black shoes, a Blue Jacket with a black shirt underneath, His eye color is Dark green with blue mixed in.

Personality: Thomas is quiet but thoughtful, sarcastic, yet caring. He doesn't particularly like to be around people, but the people he considers to be his friends, he can't do without. He tends to wander at large gatherings, seeking only to get away from the crowd. On top of it all, he hates to see anyone doing anything awful to a pokemon, it doesn't matter whos pokemon it is, he hates to see it and will try to stop it, if possible.

History: As an 8-year-old, Thomas was fairly isolated because his family moved all around the Johto region, so as a result Thomas had very few friends at the pokemon schools he had always attended. He hadn't ever had much luck making friends in the past, due to his quiet, reserved nature, so he never really tried.

Fastforward to years later, Thomas is in 10th grade. He has continued with not trying to make friends, but instead has turned his attention to the pokemon he so often read about, and tried to seek out one to meet a pokemon, always described as "The Best Thing To Ever Happen To You" and try making his first friend, at this time his parents had relocated to the Sinnoh region, in a town known as Twinleaf...

Trainer Type: Trainer

This Works Right?

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Shaun sighed, she'd just have to figure this out. Maybe using a few different attack combos would help her out...only that the Shinx probably would not know many attacks. Then she saw that she starly was diving straight at Shinx, who was looking terrified.

"Shinx, I know this is really hard, but just stand there until I tell you to move!"

Another few feet and then the starly would land a direct hit on Shinx.

"Now! Dodge to the right!" Shaun cried, Shinx lurched to the right almost instinctively, seeming to relax slightly as the attack missed. Instead, the Starly, which was going to fast to stop, crashed directly into the ground. Stunned, it got up, looking dizzy.

"Now use tackle!"

"Shinx!" The shinx dashed forward, slamming into the starly with a full body tackle attack, knocking it backwards. It flew through the air, landing on the ground. Then Shaun ran forward towards it.

"Now go, back to where you came from..." She said, not knowing what else to say, but not wanting to hurt the starly any more. Surprisingly, the starly obeyed, flying away as soon as it remembered how to use its wings. Disbelieving, Shaun turned to the Shinx, who was approaching her cautiously.

"Hey, Shinx, you're an excellent battler!" She commented, smiling at the small blue lion cub pokemon.

"Shinx? Shinx!" The Shinx replied happily, running forward towards Shaun, it was a rather cute pokemon...okay, that was definitely an understatement, it was an extremely cute pokemon. Wait, Shaun thought suddenly, hearing noises in the background, what are those noises? Max and...whatever that pokemon was!

Shaun turned around immediately, in time to see the other pokemon flee. "Are you all right?" She called, adressing both Max and Professor Rowan.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you." Professor Rowan told her, shaking her hand. "I was studying pokemon in the lake when I was attacked. Max too. But he managed to fight off the other pokemon. Thanks again."

"Um...you're welcome, sir." Shaun had no clue what she was supposed to say.

"Well, we'd better get back to my lab, my car is parked at the nearby road, so...I'll just take all of us back to the lab. And that Shinx? It seems pretty attatched to you."

Though Shaun wouldn't admit it, she had grown attatched to the little pokemon as well, instead, she nodded, and adjusted her beret. Then followed Professor Rowan, the Shinx followed as well.

"Shinx?" The pokemon called out, and Shaun turned around, crouching down.

"Oh, hello there! Come along Shinx!" She held out an arm, making an inviting gesture. The next thing she knew, there was a squeal, and she was knocked backwards. Then the Shinx was on top of her head, sitting regally and licking one of its paws. Unsteadily, Shaun stood up and the Shinx leapt into her arms, where it was less likely to fall, and stayed there as Shawn followed Professor Rowan, carring Shinx.

She got into the car with the Professor and Max, and they drove back to the lab. Once there, Professor Rowan unlocked the door and led them inside.

"So...you're Shaun, allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Professor Rowan, the Sinnoh pokemon professor. I have researched pokemon for many years and have come to understand a lot about them. I take it that you are here for your first pokemon? You can choose out of many, that Shinx is one of them."

"Professor? I want this Shinx, you see, I won my first battle with it, and there's no pokemon I'd rather have."

"Are you sure? Do you at least want to know what other ones there are?"

"Sure, if you want to tell me. But I'm positive I want Shinx."

"Okay, well, in that case, there is Turtwig, Chikorita, Treeko, Bulbusaur, Seedot, Chimchar, Charmander, Torchic, Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Piplup, Mudkip, Totodile, Horsea, Mareep, Gible, and that Shinx. But if you really want the Shinx, wait a moment, I'll be right back." He left the room, as did Max, Shaun wondered where they were going, but she didn't wonder for long, for they were back in a moment.

"Here are your pokeballs," He said, holding out five red and white capsule systems, "and here is that Shinx's pokeball."

"Right, Shinx return." Shaun said, Shinx disappeared into the pokeball in a red glow of light, but almost immediately popped out. Shaun tried returning it again, with the same result.

"Ah, once again Shinx shows reluctance to be in its pokeball." Professor Rowan said. "Sometimes, certain pokemon do not enjoy being confined, and would much rather travel alongside their trainer, you Shinx is one of those pokemon. It takes a great deal of effort to get it to stay in its pokeball, but it will if it is badly injured or staggeringly tired. But otherwise..."

Max wordlessly handed Shaun a black pokedex, and she accepted it with a word of thanks, which he returned only with a small nod. What's with him? Shaun thought, though she quickly shrugged it off. She listened patiently as Professor Rowan explained a few things to her.

"And that's it. I wish you luck on your journey." He said, as Max nodded again. Shaun smiled and thanked them.

"I'd better be on my way now, I have to get in contact with my mom. Thanks so much Professor, and you too Max." Then she left the lab, her Shinx walking by her side. "I'm so glad that out of all the pokemon in that suitcase I chose you!" She exclaimed, Shinx perked up and ran ahead, Shaun following, thinking wait till I tell Ivan! He hasn't got a Shinx, and I bet my shinx could beat his piplup any day...

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • AlmightySquirtle: Accepted! Good SU

SailorShadow: Good post if you are doing another one then go on ahead.:)

Slytherfang: Excellent post! you recieved a Shinx, 5 pokeballs, and a pokedex!:)

To everyone: After everyone has posted for the first chapter we will begin chapter 2!!:)

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
  • Thomas woke up early on this day, this day was something special, it was the day Thomas was to get his first pokemon. After getting dressed and packing all the necessary supplies, Thomas wrote a note,left it on the table and quickly left.

Getting to Sandgem was going to take a while, but Thomas liked to have time to himself to think. In the walk over, he thought which pokemon he would take, 'Hmm, I don't even know which pokemon he's got...I'll decide later'

Just as he got to the Lab, he noticed a letter on the door, apparently he went to Lake Verity for some research. 'Bleh, make up your mind...', Thomas thought.

At the entrance to the lake, Thomas heard many cries and recognized Rowan's voice out of the uproar. Running up, he saw a few Starly chasing Rowan and an assistant around, Thomas couldn't help but laugh at the sight. Recovering from the laughing fit, Thomas noticed a few pokeballs at his feet, 'This'll work...' ,Thomas thought as he grabbed one ball and threw it into the air, and a small turtle popped out. 'Dude, a Squirtle!' ,Thomas thought, instantly impressed at the sight of it. "Squirtle, go do a bubble!" Thomas commanded. Squirtle, apparently wasn't paying attention, seeing as it had fallen asleep.However, Thomas's command snapped it awake, and it bubble-attacked the nearest Starly, "Whoo, good job!" ,Thomas said. Remembering the other ball, he quickly threw it in the direction of the two researchers, the assistant grabbed it, and promptly sent out a Staraptor. The Staraptor immediately defeated the smaller bird with one swift backhand(wing?)

Thomas had forgotten to watch his Starly, and Squirtle was paying for it...Apparently he had had enough, because in the next instant,it slammed itself into the bird, 'Nice Tackle...' ,and knocked it out.

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Billie was in a VERY bad mood... Why couldn't the stupid man stay in one place! Sheesh! It wasn't like she was late or anything! This was exactly what she was thinking as she stomped to her hometown route! What she didn't realize that she was being so loud that she woke up a flock of Starly, most of them flew to Lake Verity but one flew to her! Cawing in very loudly, it proceeded to attack poor Billie! She screamed and flailed her arms as the Starly pecked her and tackled her. But she must of hit a nerve because that thing suddenly fainted on the spot... In very bad shape Billie was terrified and began to wonder if she really wanted a Pokémon, but that attack will keep her scared of flying Pokémon for life! Carrying on walking, making sure she steered clear of trees and tall grass she proceeded to reach the entrance to Lake Verity without anymore damage. Of course, once the professor saw her, he bandaged her up right away, but not without help from his assistant Max. "Oh my! Whatever happened to you?" They both asked frantically. Billie of course told them every last detail of the attack and how she must of hit a nerve, she then remembered why she was here and said to the professor: "Professor, may I have my Pokémon now please?" Rowan then asked his assistant to give her the suitcase, Billie opened it up and picked the ball on the far left hand top corner. But what happened next was something Billie hated!

Remember the Starly Billie woke up? Well they were back! But the one that attacked Billie did not look happy! Most of them went for the Professors, but one, the one that attacked Billie, went for her. She screamed and sent out the Pokémon, it was a Seedot... "Ack! A Seedot! Oh well! Seedy! Use Tackle on that... That thing!" Seedy made what sounded like a battle cry as it charged to wards the Starly, but this Pokémon was strong, it dodged out of the way with ease, and then performed a magnificent peck on Seedy, she was hurt, badly, but she wouldn't give up and once more tried to tackle the Starly, luckily... She hit! Knocking the Starly backward, but the Starly just shook it of, going to tackle back, but Seedy was ready, and they both tackled each other! They where both at even power when Seedy suddenly gained the advantage and knocked Starly into a tree! But as a last resort Starlu used peck, before fainting itself, and Seedy! "Excellent! That was a wonderful battle! But never fear, your Seedot can and will be healed at my lab, just return her to her ball for the time being." Professor Rowan clapped as the other Starly had flew of after there leader had been KO-ed, there was then a honk of a horn, and Max telling them to hurry, up as he was driving and he didn't want to miss his soaps, they both then went to the card and proceeded to drive home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back