• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Almodine

Years
    ~ Intro ~

I said to myself i wouldn't release any information on this until i at least had a demo, but here i am, posting a thread.
    I decided to close Pokemon Twilight because i'd had the name hanging over me for 3 years, and because of continuous computer problems, progress was never much. So i've come up with this new game, Pokemon Almodine, which has a newer fresher feel for me than what Twilight was.

This is being developed in RPG maker XP

~ Story ~

You wake up one day in your house in Wickerwood Town, and hear from your mother that the Professor is asking after you to help him out with something. Desperately wanting to become a Pokemon Trainer you rush over to the Professor's lab. When you arrive he tells you that earlier while doing research on why Bug Pokemon evolve so young, he heard an explosion deep in the heart of the forest. The explosion startled a swarm of Beedrill and he had to run back to town.
    He'd like you to go and investigate because he needs to finish off his research. You agree and set off into the forest.

When you get a little further into the forest, you notice a crater, still smoking from an apparent explosion, but in the center, you see something small and rough looking. You climb down to the bottom and realise that the object is infact a meteorite with a strange emblem etched into it. You hurry back to the Professor's lab and show him. Your story begins to unfold...

~ Features ~

- Fully functioning Mystery Gift System
    - Heart Gold/Soul Silver single screen battle system
    - A new 'Poketch' type device
    - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Continue Screen
    - Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Menu System
    - And many more not revealed

~ Screenshots ~

Spoiler:

~ Videos ~

Updated video coming soon!

Battle System

~ Team ~

Project Leader/Scripter/Mapper/Eventer - Me
    Zephyr - Composer
    AceDragonite - Writer

~ Releases ~

Closed Beta coming soon to testers! (Please don't ask, all places filled)

Testers:
    - Carmaniac
    - Poeman
    - Ben.
    - Daedalus
    - AceDragonite
    - Cilerba

~ Recruitment ~

I'm currently looking for the following:

- Spriter(s) - Overworld and trainer sprites
    - Tiler(s) - To create a few custom tiles, not redo the entire game :3

Please PM me if you're interested with a sample of your work :)

~ Credits ~

Poccil - StarterKit
    spaceemotion - Various graphics and Music
    Cilerba - Water Autotile
    Help-14 - Pokedex

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
    I'm loving the new scripts you've done for your game, makes a nice unique feeling towards the game play judging from what I can see in the screen shots this will turn out into an awesome game. Liking the mystery gift system as I've said over chat well done. If you need help with graphics I can try to help you xD but not promising anything.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    It looks nice so far. Darn you, I was hoping that once I'd implemented that kind of menu I'd be the only one with it, seeing as a lot of other people try custom menus. The game sounds rather interesting, though, but I can't really tell much about it yet. I hope to see more!

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Looking good, but when I saw you as the topic creator I expected more spleef :/

On a serious note I like the mystery gift scene ^.^

Years
    Lolol, Spleef ftw :3

Anywhoo, thanks for the comments so far guys.
    I'm currently looking for Beta testers so that i can make the game the best it can be for when I release it publicly.

Any takers?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'll beta test for you, and I'm not just trying to get the game early I'll try my best to help you improve the game. Add me on MSN if your interested.
    Also what program is this being developed in? It doesn't look like RMXP. (damn, daedalus beat me I hope there is more than 1 spot )

Years
    Ok, both of you welcome to the beta testing team :3
    I'll contact you soon with some details and stuff.

Also it's being developed in RPG Maker XP

1 more testing spot available!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^sweet thanks and I hope your game succeeds. I think I may join planetdev as well :)

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    I dunno CNG I expected this game to be more than what it is, I'm not saying it's bad just saying I expected more. I really think you should focus on the graphics ASAP. I also gotta admit i'm not too fond of your battle system, liked the D/P battle system better it was more cleaner... Anywho good luck with your project.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Thanks for the feedback :)
    As for the graphics, which bits do you mean? Or just all of it?

Expect an update later :D

Im not fond of the tiles, but most people are so its up to you. I dont like how the menu and the continue screen look so bland...

Im just a really big fan of kyle's tiles and tiles your using looks too pixelated to me.

Years
    I see what you mean tbh.
    Well i'll keep using the tiles as i personally like them, (unless i get a tiler)
    But i'll take your comments on board and do something about them for the update :D

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Can I be a beta tester?
    I'd probably nag you for the demo anyways ;)

Years
    Heh, yup :D
    Last beta position filled, thanks!

As for the update, here's a small look:

Pokemon Almodine

I've decided on Dual Screen for this game because it simply gives me more room to work.
    As KingCharizard said, my old battle system was a bit cluttered and obstructed the view of the field. That was the main reason of switching.

Years
    Nah, that's just for the save system :D
    I'd like to welcome AceDragonite to the team as a writer ^_^
    Hopefully he can whip me up additions to my storyline :)

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
    Years
    Nice game...

Good:
    I love the battle system and the save screen.
    Bad:
    The menu is semi-original, the icons look a little small compared to text, also the window skin is a little wide.

Back