• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Amber Reborn

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    I'm going to compile a list of the pokemon I need to change, in that case:
    Alakazam
    Crobat
    Gengar
    Golem
    Kingdra
    Machamp
    Politoed
    Porygon2
    Scizor
    Slowking
    Steelix

These are the ones I can remember, all from the first two generations. Are there any from the third I have forgotten?

Onto the topic of starters: If we had a combination of Pidgey, Geodude and Machop as starters the obvious problem would be that Geodude would have a killer defense stat to begin with, and all the starting moves would be ineffective as Normal is not very effective against rock. SO... I dunno.

One of the driving ideas behind such a choice of starters is that instead of having a pokemon that can kick ass at an early point in the game (all the starters in previous games have had a considerable advantage against certain types) these are run-of-the-mill. Pidgey, Geodude and Machop will still be available in the wild, so they will not be particularly special. It may also force the player to shun their starter and look for pokemon out in the wild, and replace it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, why not have an ice type.
    Flying beats fight, fight beats ice, and ice beats flying.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    Two reasons Eeveon- The first is that i'm keeping all of the starters Non-physical and pretty basic. Second, there are not many ice pokemon, and I don't want to insert fakemon.

I've got my textbox done: Here is a look at it.

Pokemon Amber Reborn

All that needs to be done is I will probably colour it differently.

Also, I made this bag a while back. Tell me what you think:

Pokemon Amber Reborn

(The one on the right is the bag ingame, the one on the left is the bag that gave me the idea [It's some Alienware laptop bag I think])

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
    well the hard part bout any decent rock type is that ground is usually acompanying it type wise....

the only single rock type that i can think of is nosepass.....and noone wants nosepass....

so it's difficult to find one.... doesn't machop start w/ low kick if my memory serves.... however...pidgey is severly @ a dissadvantage against either.... being flying +normal

balancing is always hard to do when your making new starter choices. however when things come down to it, your starter wont be your only pokemon so things would balance out like they always do in every game eventually...

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    In that case I will probably scrap having a battle with your rival early on, as if you have a Pidgey you will get trounced and if you have a Geodude you will eat.
    Also, I think that Machop will be disadvantaged against Pidgey- Pidgey's primary type is flying, so that means that even if its second type is normal it will not be too affected by fighting moves.
    I tested this in Fire Red with a Pidgey myself, and the results agree with the above.

Moving swiftly on...

The first Text box in Amber

Pokemon Amber Reborn

And as I have been replaying Fire Red, I've decided to include something else. When you're doing the dirty work at Silph Co. in Saffron City, one of the scientists you fight says after you have defeated him something along the lines of "They wanted to move me to the Tikli branch". Now this may seem completely useless information, BUT I've decided to make this part of the story. Look at the map of Cingulus- Near the bottom there is the largest of the islands in the archipelago- This is going to be Tikli island as well as the home to one of the gyms. This will probably play a part in the story- as well as creating a connection to the other games.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    Just to say a week on from my last post that development will not be continuing for a few weeks, and even then there will not be many advances. I have my Latin coming up on the 13th, 15th and 20th of May, so I have been doing quite a lot of work. I'm also back at school, and as I board I don't have much time to post and do more work on the project.
    Peace,
    Corrosion

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    I'm not rushing to post an alpha, as I have quite a bit on my plate (two last Latin exams on Tuesday, Poetry recitation, Clarinet etc) but I have a 5-day half term break starting on Friday, so I will be working on that. I will probably start the scripting, so I can get the show on the road. As an idea, I may make an 'explorer' ROM so that you can walk around the cities without events or wild pokemon, just to see around the place.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I'm not rushing to post an alpha, as I have quite a bit on my plate (two last Latin exams on Tuesday, Poetry recitation, Clarinet etc) but I have a 5-day half term break starting on Friday, so I will be working on that. I will probably start the scripting, so I can get the show on the road. As an idea, I may make an 'explorer' ROM so that you can walk around the cities without events or wild pokemon, just to see around the place.
    Sounds cool and it will be like a prevision of your adventure to come. You can make it a dream test like teh day you sleep before your adventure you dream of the places.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    K, more small stuff... Amber has a new font! Before you judge, I want to explain that this will NOT be used in textboxes and general stuff like that- however it will appear about the place. It is called BOXFIELD, and you can use it WITH PERMISSION.

Pokemon Amber Reborn

More soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I can help with a few scripting. And maybe a beta tester? Well, I'll have to do a lot of testing with scripting anyway.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    @ Gold Tom- Thanks. The Explorer ROM will come soon, I hope.
    @ adiktus- Can you give a proof of your scripting? It can be in basically any form, although I do want to know it works. If you work on the project you will be given access to the ROM, otherwise there will be a public Beta/Alpha.

Updates on the main page, New maps and shizzle.

Years
    Looks like a solid hack to me, the only thing is that Emerald tiles don't have a great look, you should edit them.
    If you need any designing help for banners etc, PM me ;)

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    Well thanks for the support (by the way I love the legendary birds- good choice).
    I have to say that I disagree with you- I quite like the Emerald tiles. Don't worry though- although there will be quite a few elements (grass, for example will not change) there will be tile changes. The next map on from Route 145 goes up A mountainside and into snow- and from there into a snowy town. So there will be variety, I promise.
    Also, I think I am fine on the banner front at the moment, seeing as I am in the Scrapbox. If you want to by all means do, but please do not unnecessarily give up your time.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    I have been thinking about music and what I would be able to fit in, and whether there would be people willing to work on this- Are there any people who can compose good Midis, remake music or something of that Ilk? I think the majority of the music may well be taken from external sources and edited, though not plagiarized. So if anyone has any experience with that side of hacking, please some forward.
    Added the first sea route I have done, which is incidentally the last route in the game. It will be relatively important to players, as it will either house Zapdos or Moltres, I am not sure yet.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Shweet!! Dude, very good storyline and the map is awwsome!! Cant wait for it to be released...

P.s: If you need a beta tester, count me in! XD

Back