• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

Years
This is a list I compiled of every signficant episode in the anime I believe to be significant from the first episode to the end of the D/P season. I have still yet to do a list of episodes where Ash reaches an important city and episodes focusing on the mythology of the pokemon world (e.g, Legendary pokemon, etc). The character development list was quite difficult to compile and may still be incomplete. I have added spoiler tags as they are quite long and seperated in different categories
This is what I have come up with so far:
Episodes where Ash wins a gym badge
Spoiler:

Episodes where Ash wins a Battle Frontier symbol
Spoiler:

Pokemon League episodes
Spoiler:

Pokemon Contest episodes
Spoiler:

Episodes where a main character catches a Pokemon
Spoiler:

Episodes where a main character's Pokemon evolved
Spoiler:

Episodes where a main character's Pokemon released/traded
Spoiler:

Episodes where a main/recurring character debuts
Spoiler:

Episodes focusing on character development
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
This is certainly a great list you've compiled here, it could be very useful to new watchers. I say this thread should be linked or moved in the FAQ sticky, incase this thread dies. At least a link should be put up or updated regularly in the FAQ thread. But yeah, good job.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I was going to comment on this but I forgot. Anyways I am postin nao (=. I think this would be a great asset to the community and could also get some community involvement. I guess I could start off... Also I would change released and traded to also given. Like in the case of Dawn Togekiss. That's not a capture on her part. It's also debatable of temporary ownership of pokemon techniquely Ash never captured Haunter. I dunno if receiving Eggs should also go under receiving. Also I could probably have added more to character development but I don't know too what extent you or the rest of the people consider that. Also on character debuts maybe should have but Excadrill she he was captured as Drilbur and evolved prior to the series as did Pansage.

Episodes where Ash wins a gym badge

Spoiler:

Episodes where a main character catches a Pokemon
Spoiler:

Episodes where a main character's Pokemon evolved
Spoiler:

Episodes where a main character's Pokemon released/traded
Spoiler:

Episodes where a main/recurring character debuts
Spoiler:

Episodes focusing on character development
Spoiler:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
This list seems quite good. Nice work. :) Although I think it could be spruced up a bit. o3o;; I think posting it in the first post of the Q&A thread would be helpful. It would have some effect on all of those pointless threads creating asking "What episode was it where Ash___"

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Probably be a bit better if there was a link to this topic so Kirbychu doesn't have to solely maintain it. And if it could be spruced up care to elaborate?

Oh and I would probably include Ho-oh in episode one as a reoccurring character.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Not in person. And I already know they showed him in a flashback... That's one thing we would have to make clear is if them appearing in person is what counts as a debut or say Alder mentions the Elite 4 and they show all them in 54 just as a visual mention of this.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Spruced up as in, maybe adding links to the actual episode summaries like to Serebii or Bulbapedia. New users may want to get information on the episode before they watch. Since a few words is hardly's an explanation. Plus maybe a bit of CSS? Make it look colorful and pretty o3o;;; It would definitely look more appealing that it does.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Not such a bad idea. But just a title hyperlinked would be enough, otherwise it'll just be cluttered. CSS wouldn't be such a bad idea. I quite liked what I did with the episode discussion threads. So it could work. Though I wouldn't be such a bad idea as more of a project than leaving it to Kirbychu or one member.

Back