• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Arctic Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Alright, i've made little changes :P.

DORLING CITY hasn't been changed alot, I didn't have enough time to change all the houses and what people say, but the gyms done :P.

Route 2 has been made, it's very basic because your going to use surf, I blocked it off though, so you cant get to the next town.

I'm releasing a beta because I don't want to go through the game, I want to get all the trainers done and most of the maps before changing too much.

Must do when playing
    1. Don't select the girl, I haven't changed the sprite so it's stuffed up colours.
    2. Don't go out into route 1 without a Pokemon, go to the forest and let NILE take you to the lab. (Text hasn't been changed in there)

I just want to see what i've done wrong, so help me out here :P.
    I'm changing the text and everything now a beta should be released in a few weeks with everything changed up to the third badge, and does anyone know how to edit the grass? Cause when you walk ontop of it it goes green x.x

Thats all for now, updates soon :)

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Nah I don't think i'll add bridges.
    I'm mainly adding surfing areas now and places you have to go, I'm thinking of adding boats or changing the boats into a plane.
    Thats all for now through :P

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Update, update, update!

All text so far in the game has been completed.
    If you're wondering why I haven't screenshoted Dorling City it is because the connection is stuffed up for some reason. This should probably happen in beta 0.1. I don't know why this is happening but i'm working on it now.

Diggers/Diggs Pokemon
    Lv.3 Cubone.
    Lv.4 Diglett.
    Lv.5 Cubone.
    Lv.5 Sandshrew.

I didn't want to make the Pokemon large levels because it's the first game, though when the beta comes out be sure to grab some potions.
    I'm starting to advance, if you chose either Dratini or Machop at the start Seels are obtainable in the grass in Route 1 for surf. (I've edited some moves for seel aswell :P)

If anyone can help me with the connect PM me.
    Thanks.

amatsu109728

Just an ordinary POKEMON gamer
    Years
    cool if you choose machop its like you have an advantage vs your rival nice! and whys prof. nile's lab a house should'nt it be a lab? why does the rival always choose poliwag? when u choose either machop or dratini?

Last edited:

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    The house is supposed to be there, I haven't got around to changing the insides, and about the starters I just noticed that.

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Alright i've finished some more maps, but i'm not going into them until I finish the scripts.
    I've been working on something else for the past few months and it's caught my eye ;).

I have too many things going on but i'll try keep this thread updated as much as I can.

Quote to the guy who posted above
    If you read the first few posts you would have realised i've released a beta...

cpsp

Hack Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    i like it, but the starters are a bit boring

and in the beta most scripts are the same (mart guy says viridan) although u said oak is supposed to be the sme at the moment

Last edited:

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    i like it, but the starters are a bit boring

and in the beta most scripts are the same (mart guy says viridan) although u said oak is supposed to be the sme at the moment

I'm not changing much at the moment.
    I don't think you've played the beta either, DORLING TOWN is made from Fuschia City... ;x

TheKingofKings

LOOKING FOR HELP, PM ME
    Years
    Here I'm going to be helpfull and post all the stuff I noticed.

1st: I suggest changing the Lab House.

2nd: When "Oak" tells you not to go that way, he walks into the guy.

3rd: When he takes you back to the Lab, you get inside the Door before him?

4th: It still says "Oak:" when you talk to him.

5th: When you pick your starter it still says "Ah, Charmander" etc.

6th: When your Rival picks Machop, it says "Someone Received Sabyle" and when I battled the Rival, he battled with Sabyle.

7th: Around the Whole land, its all Glitchy (On your to the Right of the First Town)

8th: I found a Girl who says "Look I copied the Trainer Tips" who is from Fire Red

9th: I found a Signpost Symbol on the Cut stump.

Thats about all. You need to fix those up. But its good.

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Here I'm going to be helpfull and post all the stuff I noticed.

1st: I suggest changing the Lab House.

2nd: When "Oak" tells you not to go that way, he walks into the guy.

3rd: When he takes you back to the Lab, you get inside the Door before him?

4th: It still says "Oak:" when you talk to him.

5th: When you pick your starter it still says "Ah, Charmander" etc.

6th: When your Rival picks Machop, it says "Someone Received Sabyle" and when I battled the Rival, he battled with Sabyle.

7th: Around the Whole land, its all Glitchy (On your to the Right of the First Town)

8th: I found a Girl who says "Look I copied the Trainer Tips" who is from Fire Red

9th: I found a Signpost Symbol on the Cut stump.

Thats about all. You need to fix those up. But its good.

I've noticed most of that, and it's all been fixed.
    Except when your going from route 1 to Dorling City it doesn't connect for me.
    Did that happen to anyone else aswell?

Route 2; finished

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Alright, ALL glitches have now been fixed.
    Plus there are a few new scripts in the game.

New Screenies

Spoiler:

I'm changing the surf script, I might think of making it a high price in PokeMart so you can JUST buy it :P.
    Route 2 and 3 are finished.
    New Town will be screenshoted when I finish the surf bit, though connections for others are being fixed. Though it will only have houses. Then it continues onto route 4 which is also finished, and it has a maze.

Do not read the spoiler below unless you want to know whats changed
    Spoiler:

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Looking good Brane! Keep up the good work! This does look promising! Heh, having to buy Surf is reminding me of Red/Blue Rescue Team. Anyway, I like that Idea!

Good Luck! This is looking better!

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Another update :P.
    Screenshots have been added to the main page and a new map has been finished.
    The beta should be released next week or the one after, it will go to the 2 badge and a little further. Plus the girl OW should be added soon.

Thats all I have to say.

cpsp

Hack Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    I'm not changing much at the moment.
    I don't think you've played the beta either, DORLING TOWN is made from Fuschia City... ;x
    i was on about the dude on route 1, i've on been there and tserof town cause there water to the end of route 1

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Update.
    Check the first thread for most of the information.

Surf is now bought at the mart for 1500.
    A few routes have been finished including a new town.
    And the second gym is being worked on.

Years
    Update.
    Check the first thread for most of the information.

Surf is now bought at the mart for 1500.
    A few routes have been finished including a new town.
    And the second gym is being worked on.

I don't think that's a good idea to sell surf at a pokemart unless you have written a script to only allow you to buy it once, because otherwise you would be able to fill up your TM bag, full of surfs (pretty stupid, if you did it, but it could become a potential problem).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back