• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon at 15?

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    well i turned 15 on 10th september and i still like pokemon, now is this stupid or child-ish, i mean i feel stupid cause im prob the only 15 year old who still likes pokemon. what do you all think is it stupid?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'm 14, been playing since I was 9 or 10.

(however, I just got over my paranoia of what people think about me playing)

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    hey i'm 15 and i still like pok?mon... it's weird, i used to hate it though. of course people do make fun of me by saying pok?man su***! and other mean stuff. i am so mad, not only saying mean wrds but also saying pok?mon wrong, but i just ignore it.

Years
    ¬¬ im 15, been playing since it came out, and I dont think its sad..who cares about what people say about it, I think its alright still ¬¬

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    Man, there are people a lot older than you who are still in love with Pokemon. ^^

It's for all ages, no matter what anyone says. Don't feel bad about it at all, 'tis nothing to be ashamed of. ^_^

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I see where you all are coming from, but doesnt the verbal abuse about you liking pokemon.

Get You Down Sometimes?

I know it does me.

Years
    It's not stupid at all. There are many people that are older than you that still like it. Just take a look around.
    Don't be ashamed of being 15 and enjoying Pokémon. ^^

EDIT: haha, that's what happens when I look everywhere when I'm trying to post.

Lone Eevee said:
    I see where you all are coming from, but doesnt the verbal abuse about you liking pokemon.

Get You Down Sometimes?

I know it does me.

Nope. They few times that I've ever been picked on it, I pretty much laughed it off. o_O
    If they don't like it, oh well. That's their problem, not mine.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Why should liking pokémon at 14 be okay but liking pokémon at 15 suddenly be stupid? I take offense you know, I'm 17, and turning 18 next February (In other words legally becoming an adult) and that's certainly not going to stop me from liking pokémon. Tis' true what the people here are saying; pokémon is for all ages, and if some people can't accept that it's they who are being immature, not you. As for the flaming, after what I've been through for countless other reasons I couldn't give a rat's arse about what some narrow-minded biggot thinks about me liking pokémon. I'd rather stay true to myself than conform to people who would never respect me anyway. I know who my true friends are, and I know that they won't mock me for my interests. As for the rest...why should their opinions matter more to me than those of my friends?

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    Don't feel bad about it. I'm 15 as well and i still like pokemon. Everyone has their own interest. If it's pokemon, then it's pokemon. And if people critisize you about it then they themselves are brainless people that can't understand people's different interests. I don't think there's anything wrong about liking something(like pokemon), just as long as it isn't what commands your life. Keep that in mind and keep your head up the next time you mention pokemon to someone :P

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    Lone Eevee said:

Get You Down Sometimes?

I know it does me.

I don't know what that feels like.. No one at my school ever bashes me for liking Pokemon. In fact, they admire my random doodles of Pokemon.. XD

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    I like pokemon, I think I always will, and I hate when people make fun of me, I just don't listen to them.

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
    Years
    If it makes you feel better, I'm 25. :)

You're not childish, anyone who is rude to you due to your tastes is the childish one.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I 17 and I still like pokemon. I just keep it secert to my friends at school and only a few know I like pokemon or none at all but if somebody catches me and aske me if I do like pokemon. I say, "yes. it cool."

They then make fun of me and say "Do try to watch the show everyday like a little kid." In an attempt to make fun of me.

I say back jokely, "No, I record them becasue I too busy with Band and Student Council that I unable to watch the show everyday"

I don't care they make fun of me because it will just pass and be forgotten.

SleepyGomamon

I do NOT taste like ramen
    Years
    Pokemon, particularly the games and card game, really have no age limits. I liked the games back when they just came out, and now that I'm older, I can appreciate them on a deeper level (like more careful strategy, manipulation of hidden stats ect.), really, in those respects, pokemon can be very complex.
    Even the anime, while it's may seem childish, is energetic, cheery, and in general enjoyable. What's particularly wrong with liking that?

Back