• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon at 15?

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Lone Eevee said:
    well i turned 15 on 10th september and i still like pokemon, now is this stupid or child-ish, i mean i feel stupid cause im prob the only 15 year old who still likes pokemon. what do you all think is it stupid?
    hey i am fifteen, and i have pokefriends who are 21. we all love pokemon! its not childish! its just different people have a taste for different things.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Ya i know what you all mean its great that there are so many people older than me, who still like pokemon, but i had a problem yesterday i was about to buy a pokemon product
    (it was emerald and a chronicle episodes) but i went to pay for it, but i got some very rude and ingornat glances at me, and i even got asked how old are you, and you still like Pokemon at 15? and i said its none of ur business but it is kinda upsetting for that to happen in the middle of a shop.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    If it makes you feel even better, there's this kid in my math class who wore a Pokemon shirt and revealed his obsession to the whole class. We're kinda friends now.
    Honestly, I dont care if I'm almost 16 and still obsessed in a "kiddy" anime, as long as I have fun.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Nah, I turned 16 on Monday and I still enjoy Pokemon. ^__________^ Pokemon just seems to be one of those things that almost anyone can enjoy for a long time. X3 I'm not as nuts about it as I used to be, but I still like to talk about it. ^o^ So no, I don't think it's stupid, it's perfectly normal. I mean, the average age for people on this forum who still like Pokemon appears to be about 15 anyways. XD

~Kelsey

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    15 and 16 year olds dominate the game. We're just good like that ;)
    13 and 14 year olds come right behind us, but tend to be a bit less mature on NetBattle

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Lone Eevee said:
    Ya i know what you all mean its great that there are so many people older than me, who still like pokemon, but i had a problem yesterday i was about to buy a pokemon product
    (it was emerald and a chronicle episodes) but i went to pay for it, but i got some very rude and ingornat glances at me, and i even got asked how old are you, and you still like Pokemon at 15? and i said its none of ur business but it is kinda upsetting for that to happen in the middle of a shop.
    Dude that really sucks. If it happened to me I'd be like, ..... Well I can't think of anything right now but it'd be a straight-out awesome comeback :D
    When I was buying Leaf Green the guy was just like.... "uh, yeah, OK..." but that's the worst I've ever gotten.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I'm 16 and I still play around with pokemon stuff. The games mostly. if the show is on I'll watch it.

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
    evrybody has basically said what i'm gonna say but because pokemon to some adults is dubbed a "childish" game because some pokemon look very 'cute' and 'cuddly' such as pikachu and others while they never saw pokemon like groudon and houndoom. These adults tell their kids that they think pokemon is childish and those kids make fun of teenage pokemon lovers like u and i. being teased because of liking pokemon is from adults who misunderstand what pokemon is truly like.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2005

heh im 21 and still like pokemon, so does my girlfriend. I have played it ever since it came out.

Bagheera

Gengar
    Years
    Ive liked pokemon since I was 6, and I'm 14 now. I don't feel bad about it, but only my close friends know of my obsession, and they mostly all like pokemon too, so I don't get hassled. But I don't think it's wierd.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Lone Eevee said:
    well i turned 15 on 10th september and i still like pokemon, now is this stupid or child-ish, i mean i feel stupid cause im prob the only 15 year old who still likes pokemon. what do you all think is it stupid?
    Isn't this like the 'same' topic from like 2-3 years ago? because honestly over the past while I always find people asking am I too old to do this and that? I seriously do remember this topic being brought up when PC first opened, and I can remember posting on like 2-3 other ones over the years. You'd think people would take a hint in this verbal generation that no one should be concerned about age unless it's something that should actually be taken into consideration especially if you think you're too old because you're never too old to watch programming on television and if you think that way well you're only limiting your freedom.

If it makes everyone feel better, 'old people' created Pokemon so what's so wrong about viewing their work at a certain age unless you're too young? It's not like triple x or something that actually matters with age but again being honest I find it comical to listen to people say something like this then get pages and pages of responses.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    And you have people at ages above nineteen that are enthusiasts, too. I'm seventeen, and I've had to endure criticism for being a Pok?mon enthusiast, but I myself am happy that there are people that also have that problem and are willing to open up about it and sometimes even are lauded for liking it!

There is no problem with being 15 and liking it. I'm 17.

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    I'm going on 18 and I've been playing Pok?mon ever since Red Version came out in the US. I like it for what it is, not some fad.

Some person yells out "Pok?mon SUCKS ***!!!" at me, and I tell them "Who the **** cares?!"

Super_Lawliet

An eye for an eye my friend
    Years
    RaikouRider243 said:
    I'm going on 18 and I've been playing Pok?mon ever since Red Version came out in the US. I like it for what it is, not some fad.

Some person yells out "Pok?mon SUCKS ***!!!" at me, and I tell them "Who the **** cares?!"

I second you on that RaikouRider. I'm 17 now, and have loved Pokemon since it first came out. lol life is funny

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I have been a pokemon fan since I was 7 and I don't think my obsession will go away in three years, I actualy don't think my obsession will ever fade away.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Well i'm 17 and i still like pokemon. Some of friend also like pokemon. My sister always laugh me because of that but i'm ignore her

Years
    There is no age restriction to Pokemon. Its just that modern teenagers tend to associate Pokemon to children and they think it is childish. That is called peer pressure and you should not submit to it! We all have our own views and some people may like Pokemon until their old, and some may hate it even at the age of 6.

Back