• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Atlas Emerald (Beta 1.0rq) - Update Apr24

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hi RThompson,

Please use the documentation from Emerald Final Deluxe. For now I didn't made any big change.

The only change I made is Wild Encounters, but basically I setup the areas from Kanto and Johto with the similar FireRed/Leaf Green/Gold/Silver encounters.

The starters are available in Safari Zones of each Region.

When possible I'll create detailed documentation.

Hope you enjoy even still being WIP!

Hello again,
    So I was wondering which Pokémon Emerald cheat codes is compatible for Pokémon Atlas Emerald v0.9yk?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello all,

A minor update v0.9yl.

Modifying some inside areas of Kanto:

-Pewter Museum
    -Sylph Co.
    -Pokemon Tower

Added:

-Underground Path

-----

Hi IchigoPlus37,

About your question, I think the cheat codes from Vanilla Emerald work in my hack as well.

Because I modified some Trainers locations, the feedback I received for now, is money is a little more scarce.

The only code my friends used are for money.

I'm still figuring out if is possible to include more trainers, my attempts for now are accidentally replacing trainers or freezes in battle.

My plan B is, at least add a minimum of 3 pokemons by Trainer. This way they reward a little more money overall (and maybe even up the difficulty a little).

And move some Hoenn trainers to Kanto and Johto, to give a little incentive to visit other regions early on (to get more money).

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello all,

A minor update v0.9ym.

Modifying some inside areas of Johto:

-Sprout Tower
    -Burned Tower

Other changes:

-Minor fixes
    -Updated Brendan Backsprite
    -Updated World Map (Added Kanto/Johto/Sevii in the tile maps of Pokenav and Pokedex)

WIP:

-Finish Johto Maps
    -Review Sevii Maps

Plans to future (long term):

-After finishing all the maps, redo the maps insertion with Hex Maniac Advance to avoid data corruption
    -Create new scripts/new content to Kanto, Johto and Sevii.

Hope you like it!!!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Sorry for the double post.

Update 0.9yi:

Updated All Pokenav Trainers, now they all have full Pokémon Teams

As mentioned before Kanto and Johto Leaders are slight more strong than Hoenn Leaders.

Brock and Falkner are slight stronger than Wattson. That's because when the player arrive at Slateport is possible to travel to other regions.

Don't forget some trainers are meant to be like a more challange battles and/or bosses.

You need to talk with the NPC to begin the battle, so to avoid frustrations save before talking with gym leaders; talking to Red on Mt. Silver; Yellow on Mt. Moon and etc.

In Kanto and Johto the levels are meant to be battled in the original gym leaders order (e.g: First: Brock and Falkner - around lv 20~30 | Last: Blue and Clair around lv 50~60). My suggestion is following FireRed and Crystal order.

There's a Kanto League (Indigo Plateau) and a Johto League (I named Amber Plateau, is a rename for Battle Tower location, but in this hack is the Johto League).

Elite Four in Indigo and Amber Plateau (around level 60~70). And the champions are a little more stronger (There's no need for Badges to access it).

The Teams, levels and items added can be reworked in future to a better balance (moves as well).

Gen4 characters trainers are located in Trainer Tower in Seven Island with temporary teams. If possible in future I do like to add more pokemons (gen 4 specific to add them in Sevii and to add to the gen 4 characters teams).

In theory this update added everything I wanted. Now I'll try to finish the maps of inside areas missing and populate the world with more NPCs, and hopefully I can try polish and Fixes more errors. And soon I try to make an alternate patch with vanilla overworld sprites as well.
    Excuse me,
    But will there ever be a new update for Pokémon Atlas Emerald, or that's it for all updates of this game?

Years
    • Seen today
    Excuse me,
    But will there ever be a new update for Pokémon Atlas Emerald, or that's it for all updates of this game?
    Hi IchigoPlus37,

I'm redoing the game to correct the music corruption.

I already reinserted the maps again and added wild Pokémons.

I'm working in the trainers and NPCs in the Regions.

The old saves will be not compatible with this new version.

I not intent to abandon this hack, but still need more time to release the new beta.

Edit: I will add two gifs below with a little preview:

Years
    • Seen today
    Dear all,

The beta of the new version is disponible.

The music is not Corrupted this time.

There's still a lot to be done. But this Beta version have a lot more polish than the old version.

I think overall the hack will give a great adventure feeling.

The patch file now is UPS, because the hack is 32MB now.

Keep in mind this is still working in progress.

Years
    • Seen today
    Dear all,

I'm trying to improve my hack skills this past days.

I'm learning about scripts and flags and thankfully I was able to add some new stuff. I'm still testing, but I noticed I did some mistakes in the old version, that the fixing made the saves incompatible for this new version.

Major changes:

1) Kanto and Johto starter given by Oak and Elm, the starter they give depends of the Hoenn starter you choose.

This way is possible to get more starters in the beginning of the journey.

The other starters are still available in their respective Region Safari Zones.

2) New Overworld Pickup system, in the maps there's 3 types of items

-Poke balls - that have balls and TMs (some respawn changing maps)

-Boxes - they have Key/Misc items (don't respawn)

-Bags - berries, little treasures and random sellable items (respawn whenever you enter the map). They are around the map, but when you pickup one, the others vanish. You'll need to enter in the map again to respawn.

This way is possible to do a little of money if necessary, getting items and selling them. And is a little incentive to exploration. (Still in WIP)

3) "Post-game" content:

Legendary Encounters:

Articuno - Seafom Island
    Zapdos - Power Plant
    Moltres - Mt. Ember
    Mewtwo - Cerulean Cave

Raikou - Dotted Hold
    Entei - Monean Chamber
    Suicune - Icefall Cave
    Celebi - Ilex Forest

Jirachi - Artisan Cave

Event Items:

Mew - Old Sea Map - Pokemon Mansion
    Ho-oh/Lugia - MysticTicket - Tin Tower
    Latios/Latias - Eon Ticket - Mirage Island
    Deoxys - AuroraTicket - Artisan Cave Exit/Battle Frontier

4) Modified a lot of Hoenn Cities/Towns maps, to expand them (WIP)

5) Is possible to obtain Trade Evolutions using stones

6) Added Gym Leaders in Kanto and Johto up to 5th badge (New: Erika-Janine and Morty-Jasmine)

7) Finished events in Sprout Tower

8) Steven gives Exp. Share on Granite Cave, and Mr. Stone a Lucky Egg

9) a bunch of other misc fixes

The game still in WIP, but is getting closer to what I wanted to make.

I'll begin a new game again, to test the changes.

I changed the game structure to the next updates the save files still be compatible.

For now the game continues to have significant changes until 3rd gym in Mauville.

There's still a lot to do.

*Changelog*

v1.0rh Added Sudowoodo and Snorlax fixed encounters, Regi Dolls and other misc.
    v1.0rg Added 5th Gym to Kanto and Johto.
    v1.0re~f Modified a lot of maps, Steven gives Exp. Share and Mr. Stone a Lucky Egg.
    v1.0rc~d Misc fixes.
    v1.0ra~b Added 4th Gym to Kanto and Johto, new overworld item system and other fixes.
    v1.0r Added Event Key Items and Legendary Encounters.
    v1.0~1.0q Test Version

Years
    • Seen today
    My Guy why are you spending your time repeating the same comment on different hacks you could just ignore.

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Because there's dozen of hacks like this and before they atleast were all at Sideshow area now they in completed rom hacks and progressing. Moderators should be more active moving hacks to the right place. Plus I'm only saying what majority thinks....

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • Because there's dozen of hacks like this and before they atleast were all at Sideshow area now they in completed rom hacks and progressing. Moderators should be more active moving hacks to the right place. Plus I'm only saying what majority thinks....
    while i do agree with this sentiment, a series of public call out posts are not the way

Days
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    Just made an account here to thank you for all the hard work you put on this game. I've been looking for a long time for a hack rom like yours but never found anything close. Unlike others said, i think your rom is pretty unique and when completed it will be for sure my #1 pokemon game of all time! Thank you again and please don't give up.

Years
    • Seen today
    Dear all,

More progress and misc fixes.

Major changes:

1) Item Revamp: Adjusted items prices and recovery effects. Potions and berries are the ones that changed the most

2) Steven rematch available on Battle Frontier, after defeating him in Meteor Falls

3) NPCs added in Overworld maps of Kanto and Johto, the regions feel much more alive now

4) Added side quests in Kanto (WIP):

- Saffron City gates are closed what may be the best way to let the thirsty guards let you pass?

- Ghosts in Pokemon Tower? Do you believe in ghosts? Some people only believe in what they can see...

- Snorlax are everywhere! Resting in the paths, maybe you need something to wake them up

- Magnetic Train is out of power, maybe you need to visit a special place to activate back. But be cautious there's a powerful Pokemon now there...

5) Fighting Dojo, Koichi in Saffron City can help you train!
    -1st non-pokenav NPC with rebattle option, decent mid-level xp farm, for money better keep picking stuff up to sell lol

6) Sabrina and Chuck are back in their Gyms!

7) A high level Trainer is waiting at the top of a special mountain, better be prepared!

8) Weather system in Kanto and Johto

9) Cerulean Cave only accessible be worth trainers, maybe a champion will be able to enter there...

10) Tons of fixes and minor improvements

*Changelog*

v1.0rm Weather system in Kanto and Johto. Red added in Mt. Silver. NPCs Overworld in Kanto and Johto. Added 6th Gym to Kanto and Johto. Fighting Dojo Training added. Misc fixes.

v1.0rj~l Added Kanto Traversal Progress Events: Saffron-Guards Tea (Saffron Gates opened); Lavender-Marowak Silph Scope (Necessary for Pokeflute); Power Plant-Generator (needed to use Magnetic Train) Steven Rematch on Battle Frontier after winning in Meteor Falls.

v1.0ri Item revamp.

v1.0rh Added Sudowoodo and Snorlax fixed encounters, Regi Dolls and other misc.

v1.0rg Added 5th Gym to Kanto and Johto.

v1.0re~f Modified a lot of maps, Steven gives Exp. Share and Mr. Stone a Lucky Egg.

v1.0rc~d Misc fixes.

v1.0ra~b Added 4th Gym to Kanto and Johto, new overworld item system and other fixes.

v1.0r Added Event Key Items and Legendary Encounters.

v1.0~1.0q Test Version

--//--

I understand the criticism of the other users, and may they're right.

But I'm new to romhacking and I'm doing this to learn more and as a little hobby. I think there's a lot people that would like to reinvent the wheel of Pokemon games, and be innovative and create something more unique.

There's a learning curve to everything in life, but some people struggle in certain things because they have additional difficulty to strive, as an example, language barrier, the majority of softwares and structures are 1st planned for a user that knows english.

English is not my native language, and I'm not really good with computers, but I enjoy having this little experience with game development with rom hacks.

Actually I enjoy doing pixelart a lot more, but as mentioned before, my major dream in a Pokemon game is different regions with different habitats in each of them.

Hopefully I'll able to succeed and finish this project.

Just made an account here to thank you for all the hard work you put on this game. I've been looking for a long time for a hack rom like yours but never found anything close. Unlike others said, i think your rom is pretty unique and when completed it will be for sure my #1 pokemon game of all time! Thank you again and please don't give up.
    Thank you for the support!

I understand my hack don't have a lot of modern features, but my main objective is to create an explorable and fun world to have a little longer Emerald adventure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Dear all,

First I do like to thank you all for the support!

It was been a long journey to learn new things.

Now that I have more understanding of scripts and how the game works, I'm able to finally see that I'm doing more progress than I ever imagined.

I do like to appreciate and thank all Haven hard work as well, the Hex Maniac Advance tool is probably the most actual and polished binary tool at this moment.

About Atlas Emerald, at first I wanted to create additional regions for more areas to explore, but after playtesting myself I wanted to be more ambitious.

I tried to replicate certain events/quests in this hack from Kanto and Johto, based in the original games, to give a more satisfying progression and a little more content in the new regions.

This events/quests are not mind-blowing, but consolidates and bring more rewards and value to exploration of this new areas.

Major changes in the new update:

1) Kanto and Johto only accessible after getting Pokenav (this was needed because bugs and sequence breaks related to Match Calls registrations).

2) Added 7th and 8th Gym to Kanto and Johto.

3) Added Kanto and Johto "Pokémon Leagues". Elite Four and Champions added. (WIP)

4) Adjusted the levels of a lot of trainers accordling with the Level Cap

5) Some areas only acessible after beating Hoenn League (mainly related to postgame content and/or areas related to legendary Pokémons). More info below:

Legendary Encounters:

Articuno - Seafom Island - No special requirements

Zapdos - Power Plant - No special requirements

Moltres - Mt. Ember - No special requirements

Mewtwo - Cerulean Cave - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Raikou - Dotted Hold - Acessible after Eusine Event

Entei - Monean Chamber - Acessible after Eusine Event

Suicune - Icefall Cave - Acessible after Eusine Event

Celebi - Ilex Forest - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League and doing GS Ball event

Jirachi - Artisan Cave - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Event Items:

Mew - Old Sea Map - Pokemon Mansion - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Ho-oh/Lugia - MysticTicket - Tin Tower - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Latios/Latias - Eon Ticket - Mirage Island - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Deoxys - AuroraTicket - Artisan Cave Exit/Battle Frontier - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

6) Added some events/quests in Johto region.

7) Misc fixes

For more details about the changes, please look in changelog section in the first post.

--//--

In this update, basically I added everything I wanted, there's still a lot of things I want to do, but the basic structure is now here.

WIP - Short Term

- Finish allocation/sharing existing Trainers in the regions

- Improve gameplay balance

- Continue expanding story and notable NPCs

- Improve Wild Pokémon distribution

WIP - Long Term

- Finish adding NPCs in empty areas (mainly in houses and Sevii region)

- Review certain areas to add more content on it (e.g: Ruins of Alph)

- Continue to expand Hoenn areas (areas that are too short or a little bland).

- Add more content/events/quests in the Regions (mainly in the parts of the game that is too linear)

- Finish Trainer Tower

- Verify if is possible to add more Pokémons (gen 4, older mons new gen evolutions and regional/other forms, maybe mega evolutions as well) - This probably is way above my capacity right now

Hope everyone have a great weekend!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    Hi RThompson,

Please use the documentation from Emerald Final Deluxe. For now I didn't made any big change.

The only change I made is Wild Encounters, but basically I setup the areas from Kanto and Johto with the similar FireRed/Leaf Green/Gold/Silver encounters.

I too have questions about this. Where is the Safari Zone in the Johto Region? I've been looking for a Heracross everywhere I remember being one but can't find one. The Hoen Safari Zone has gen 1 Pokémon but didn't see gen 2 other the Wobbuffet. I tried the bug park in Johto and nothing, the Forrest as well. In crystal you needed to headbutt trees. Can we do that?

Days
    • Seen today
    Dear all,

First I do like to thank you all for the support!

It was been a long journey to learn new things.

Now that I have more understanding of scripts and how the game works, I'm able to finally see that I'm doing more progress than I ever imagined.

I do like to appreciate and thank all Haven hard work as well, the Hex Maniac Advance tool is probably the most actual and polished binary tool at this moment.

About Atlas Emerald, at first I wanted to create additional regions for more areas to explore, but after playtesting myself I wanted to be more ambitious.

I tried to replicate certain events/quests in this hack from Kanto and Johto, based in the original games, to give a more satisfying progression and a little more content in the new regions.

This events/quests are not mind-blowing, but consolidates and bring more rewards and value to exploration of this new areas.

Major changes in the new update:

1) Kanto and Johto only accessible after getting Pokenav (this was needed because bugs and sequence breaks related to Match Calls registrations).

2) Added 7th and 8th Gym to Kanto and Johto.

3) Added Kanto and Johto "Pokémon Leagues". Elite Four and Champions added. (WIP)

4) Adjusted the levels of a lot of trainers accordling with the Level Cap

5) Some areas only acessible after beating Hoenn League (mainly related to postgame content and/or areas related to legendary Pokémons). More info below:

Legendary Encounters:

Articuno - Seafom Island - No special requirements

Zapdos - Power Plant - No special requirements

Moltres - Mt. Ember - No special requirements

Mewtwo - Cerulean Cave - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Raikou - Dotted Hold - Acessible after Eusine Event

Entei - Monean Chamber - Acessible after Eusine Event

Suicune - Icefall Cave - Acessible after Eusine Event

Celebi - Ilex Forest - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League and doing GS Ball event

Jirachi - Artisan Cave - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Event Items:

Mew - Old Sea Map - Pokemon Mansion - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Ho-oh/Lugia - MysticTicket - Tin Tower - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Latios/Latias - Eon Ticket - Mirage Island - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

Deoxys - AuroraTicket - Artisan Cave Exit/Battle Frontier - Acessible after beating the Hoenn League

6) Added some events/quests in Johto region.

7) Misc fixes

For more details about the changes, please look in changelog section in the first post.

--//--

In this update, basically I added everything I wanted, there's still a lot of things I want to do, but the basic structure is now here.

WIP - Short Term

- Finish allocation/sharing existing Trainers in the regions

- Improve gameplay balance

- Continue expanding story and notable NPCs

- Improve Wild Pokémon distribution

WIP - Long Term

- Finish adding NPCs in empty areas (mainly in houses and Sevii region)

- Review certain areas to add more content on it (e.g: Ruins of Alph)

- Continue to expand Hoenn areas (areas that are too short or a little bland).

- Add more content/events/quests in the Regions (mainly in the parts of the game that is too linear)

- Finish Trainer Tower

- Verify if is possible to add more Pokémons (gen 4, older mons new gen evolutions and regional/other forms, maybe mega evolutions as well) - This probably is way above my capacity right now

Hope everyone have a great weekend!
    Thank you so much for your hard work! Where can we find the new update patch?

Years
    • Seen today
    I too have questions about this. Where is the Safari Zone in the Johto Region? I've been looking for a Heracross everywhere I remember being one but can't find one. The Hoen Safari Zone has gen 1 Pokémon but didn't see gen 2 other the Wobbuffet. I tried the bug park in Johto and nothing, the Forrest as well. In crystal you needed to headbutt trees. Can we do that?
    In general way wild encounters in Kanto and Johto (even Sevii) are similar to FireRed/LeafGreen and Crystal, but I really need to review (and document someday as well) and verify if all the first 386 Pokémons are catchable in Atlas.

This is what I intent for the final hack.

Heracross was indeed missing, because Pattern Bush in Sevii was the only area I put him and the encounter rate was missing there... Ooops sorry!

About Johto Safari Zone it's similar to HGSS, near route 47/48, you reach there entering in a cave in Cianwood City.

There's no headbutt gimmick in this hack unfortunately.

I did a little update adding NPCs in Sevii and added Heracross in some areas (loosely around National Park, National Park, Johto Safari Zone and Ilex Forest).

Please update the game and now you will find Heracross.

Thanks for letting me know he's missing! XD

Thank you so much for your hard work! Where can we find the new update patch?
    Thank you for the kind words!

I always add the latest patch in the first post attachment and there's a mirror download in Mediafire as well.

Days
    • Seen today
    Hi RThompson,

How come my Torchick wil stop evolving
    In general way wild encounters in Kanto and Johto (even Sevii) are similar to FireRed/LeafGreen and Crystal, but I really need to review (and document someday as well) and verify if all the first 386 Pokémons are catchable in Atlas.

This is what I intent for the final hack.

Heracross was indeed missing, because Pattern Bush in Sevii was the only area I put him and the encounter rate was missing there... Ooops sorry!

About Johto Safari Zone it's similar to HGSS, near route 47/48, you reach there entering in a cave in Cianwood City.

There's no headbutt gimmick in this hack unfortunately.

I did a little update adding NPCs in Sevii and added Heracross in some areas (loosely around National Park, National Park, Johto Safari Zone and Ilex Forest).

Please update the game and now you will find Heracross.

Thanks for letting me know he's missing! XD

Thank you for the kind words!

I always add the latest patch in the first post attachment and there's a mirror download in Mediafire as well.
    Thank You for going out of your way to fix that! Happy to help make this one of the best rom hacks out there. The difference I find between final and atlas that I wish was in Atlas is the usable tms and getting ex from catching Pokémon. Was that intentional?

Back