• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon attacks revealed, Red Gyarados makes a return/ beginning plot.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Some of the beginning pokemon's attacks are revealed.

Naetoru has the attacks Tackle,Withdraw, Absorb, Razor Leaf, Curse,
    Bite, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Synthesis, Crunch, Giga Drain and Leaf Storm

Hikozaru has the attacks Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt, Fury Swipes, Flame Wheel, Scheme, Torment, Facade, Fire Spin, Slack Off and Flamethrower

Pochama has the attacks Pound, Growl, Bubble, Water Sport, Peck, Bide, Bubblebeam, Fury Attack, Tide, Whirlpool, Mist, Drill Peck and Hydro Pump

ukkuru has the attacks Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double
    Team, Endeavour, Whirlwind, Aerial Ace, Take Down, Agility and Brave Bird

Bippa has the attacks Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl, Rollout, Headbutt,
    Hyper Fang, Yawn, Amnesia, Take Down, Super Fang and Superpower

Korobooshi is #015 in the Shinou Dex and presumably #401 in the National
    Pokédex

Korinku is #017 in the Shinou Dex and presumable #403 in the National
    Pokédex. It has the attacks: Tackle, Leer, Charge, Bite, Spark, Roar,
    Swagger, Crunch, Thunder Fang, Scary Face and Discharge

Magikarp has the Shinou Dex of #023, Gyarados has #024
    Pichu has #103,Pikachu has #104, Raichu has #105
    Hoothoot has #106 and Noctowl has #107

Munchlax knows a new attack called Reminiscent Headbutt. It's details are not known

Weavile knows an attack called Dark Wave. Its Details are not known

Mime Jr. knows an attack called WakeUp Slap. Its Details are not known

Tide is an attack known by Pochama. It is a Water type with Base Powerof 60. If the user's HP is below 50%, then its power is doubled

Leaf Storm is an attack not dis-similar to Overheat and Meteoric Swarm.
    After it's used, the users Special Attack sharply falls

Brave Bird is an attack not dis-similar to Double Edge. Being a Flying
    type attack, it also causes recoil to the user

The Red Gyarados makes a return!
    At the start of the game you see a newcast about a Red Gyarados sighting. You go to your rival's house and head to Trust lake to try and see it. however when you get there you are attacked by Mukkuru and get to pick ypur starter pokemon to fight them off. Your Rival gets the pokemon that is stronger against yours.

You will get your running shoes from your mother at Futaba town and head you head to Masago town where the Profeeor gives you the pokemon you chose and the pokedex.

You meet your other Rival, Kouki if that male or Hikari if its female, who shows you around Masgo town, afterwards you go to Futaba town to get your adventure note from your mother and a parcel for your rival to be delivered.

On route 202, Kouki/Hikari will be there to meet you and show you how to capture pokemon. they give you the 5 extra pokeballs and they have the starts pokemon that is weak to yours.

In Kotobuki city, you get the town map from your rival, Kotobuki has loads of areas to explore including a TV station, trainer school and the poketch company, You have to answer questions correctly from 3 people around the city to get the poketch.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    Already saw this on serebii.net, but it's nice info.

Yay, Red Gyarados AKA Shiny Gyarados-I wonder if you can catch him/her later?

So, I'm picking Pocchama, and the movepool seems okay too.

New attacks. Shame we don't know much about these headbutts.

The plot seems nice at the start, also.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Lies! Pikachu evolves into Pachirisu.

*grins evilly at spreading an evil rumour*

BTW, Mukkuru has 2 alternative evolutions.

*vanishes back to Gamefreak HQ*

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I saw the news on the red Gyarados returning too. I guess it's alright, but was unnecessary. The start of the game looks pretty good. I'm glad we finally got the starters' movepools.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    Lies! Pikachu evolves into Pachirisu.

*grins evilly at spreading an evil rumour*

BTW, Mukkuru has 2 alternative evolutions.

*vanishes back to Gamefreak HQ*

lol very funny

i'm starting to think D/P will even out certain aspects of the game battle-wise. this is good... i'm just not looking forward to the long storyline of the game.

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
    Years
    *Speculation* I bet we dont even see the Reg Gyarados in D/P and they are only referring to the one in Johto since its around the same time period.

rayorojo

Pokemon Trainer in Shinou!
    Years
    Sounds cool! I loved that Red Gyarados and I love long storylines. Gives me more stuff to do. I'll probably still start out with Pocchama though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    On route 202, Kouki/Hikari will be there to meet you and show you how to capture pokemon. they give you the 5 extra pokeballs and they have the starts pokemon that is weak to yours.

...Wait, WHAT?? You get TWO starters!??

rayorojo

Pokemon Trainer in Shinou!
    Years
    The Red Gyarados makes a return!
    At the start of the game you see a newcast about a Red Gyarados sighting. You go to your rival's house and head to Trust lake to try and see it. however when you get there you are attacked by Mukkuru and get to pick ypur starter pokemon to fight them off. Your Rival gets the pokemon that is stronger against yours.

You will get your running shoes from your mother at Futaba town and head you head to Masago town where the Profeeor gives you the pokemon you chose and the pokedex.

You meet your other Rival, Kouki if that male or Hikari if its female, who shows you around Masgo town, afterwards you go to Futaba town to get your adventure note from your mother and a parcel for your rival to be delivered.

I think Kouki/Hikari have the starter that is weaker than the one you pick and the other rival mentioned earlier has the one that is stronger. The player only gets one starter.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    pocchama is going to own the other starters. it learns ice moves AND some flying type moves, as well as water type moves.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The Return of the Red Gyarados, Yea I'm happy and I'm also hoping that you can catch it. Also hoping that the Water starter becomes an Water/Ice type in its secon stage just like Marshtomp becoming a Ground type. So I'm wondering if the grass one and the fire starter will have a 2nd type?

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    This storyline seems cool. Completing the 'dex will be slightly easier since youll have 2 "rivals" who pick the other starters

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I think Kouki/Hikari have the starter that is weaker than the one you pick and the other rival mentioned earlier has the one that is stronger. The player only gets one starter.

OH, OK.

...But that still doesn't make sense. One of the ideas behind the rival is having to get more Pokemon to handle the type disadvantage...the only reasoning for this that I can think of is giving them each a second type in their evolutions so the circle gets reversed (like Water/Ice, Fire/Fighting, & Grass/......Flying? I dunno).

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Seems nice. Still I more looking forward to see what the starter can do. IT is clear that the water one will be part ice but that is predictable and done too many times. We already havve lapras and them. Still we need to see if they will give the other starters dual types too but I see it going both ways as in giving them a second type. I mean Water/Ice is a common typing.

I just hope the fire type can learn some good TMs because his movepool isn't that great looking as in range.

Years
    Ye now that storyline looks cool! Lol, i am reeally liking this! Shiny! tee hee, i wonder if you can catch it. Hum.. what would be pritty cool, saves up trying to get a shiny one normally! lol later!

Water Sage

Pocchama Expert!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2006
    At least this one seems to have a more developed storyline, (though R/S/E were good) I am happy. Go Red Gyarados!

Back