• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Azure Blue

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    Well, on a shorter note, Beta 2 is under work, but the work will be going slower since most of the towns it covers makes AdvanceMap crash (I hate Windows 98), so I'm going to have to use EliteMap to do most of my mapping. So, to make it so this post has a little bit of interesting info in it, I decided to give a SMALL spoiler of my hack.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    But that dude's sprite and trainer class will be those? (Or you plan to change, I'm just asking)

And, be careful with EMap, it can be tricky once you start to change a lot of stuff.

Hedgehogger

Years
    But that dude's sprite and trainer class will be those? (Or you plan to change, I'm just asking)

And, be careful with EMap, it can be tricky once you start to change a lot of stuff.

Well, I'm actually in the midst of debating; it'd be tricky because I'd have to find an old sprite and an old trainer class to replace. But then there's the element of having otherwise ordinary people hate you, which makes it all hard...in the end I'll probably find myself leaving the trainer alone and use his class as some sort of plothole.

And, thanks for the tip.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    hey i just tried ur hack and when u enter route 103 the signpost has no script thnx

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Where do you get the ROM to patch (Pokemon Ruby, I have it, but it doesn't work...do you need a specific version of it?) Can someone give me a link to the ROM is this patch is meant to be patched to?

Hedgehogger

Years
    Where do you get the ROM to patch (Pokemon Ruby, I have it, but it doesn't work...do you need a specific version of it?) Can someone give me a link to the ROM is this patch is meant to be patched to?

Well, it should work if it's Pokemon Ruby AXVE...I'm not allowed to post links to roms because it's illegal, but I'll PM you.

Hedgehogger

Years
    Good news, everyone!

Beta 2 has been released! Yeah, I'm aware that I've probably let a lot of flaws and/or mistakes still somehow prevail and most likely appear in this Beta, so I want beta testing...only to be public. If you see a problem or error, take a screenshot of it and post it (optional) along with the statement of the problem itself.

And also, the beginning of the game, where you receive your first Pokemon has been scrapped and completely re-done from scratch.

The below spoiler contains small yet spoilsome details about a few flaws in the hack.

Spoiler:

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Woot!! Im the first to download the new Beta!! The games great too! Great Job! Do you have any new plans?

Hedgehogger

Years
    Woot!! Im the first to download the new Beta!! The games great too! Great Job! Do you have any new plans?

Well, I have a few ideas for stuff coming up, but if I plan to keep it up, I'd probably have to learn Palette Editing. Aside from that, I'll try making new tiles and new in-game people and whatnot.

djloi

Noob Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2017
    well,nice game...cant wait to play it now! woooppp~!!

Years
    Wow, when I downloaded a first beta i fought, "ohh another tile and trainer pokemon hack", after downloading the second beta i fought"wow, the starter script is amazing", but it still has some bugs^^ I can help you with changing pallette (but not animations), but, i think, that this hack don't need it, it looks good now.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    This is a cool hack!!
    I like the sprites and all.
    Keep up the good work mate.
    Cos it sure looks promising

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, I also played your Beta2, and even though I have seen many errors, still I'm happy to see many new graphics and a good try at scripts. It still has that "Ruby" feel, but it'll keep improving, I know.
    By the way, I think I've seen a few references to GSC texts, am I right? :P

OK, I'll first post all the screenshots of weirdness, and then I'll comment on them (if you want to use this post as a reference in your first post so you don't have to be enumerating them, then be my guest)

Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue

1-Walking on grass before getting a Pokemon, means MissingNo. fight and an automatic lose
    2-I bump into the taken pokeball, probably this was intentional so that you don't escape... But...
    3-Text getting overwritten
    4-Better get rid of this kid, because I already did the whole event (kid's not that important anyway)
    5-Set a flag so this event doesn't repeat, then check it when you step on that tile, else it keeps repeating
    6-Just put this dude two tiles lower, I think
    7-This probably is harder to fix, since it's the Prof's script, but, either you didn't set a flag properly, or he's not checking the flag properly. Anyway, May is already there, I already did the event on Route103
    8-Just a missing tile on that tree...
    9-Weren't they supposed to wear yellow costumes? (Better use another trainer sprite for making the grunts)
    10-You need to put a release command when you miss the quiz questions, if not, box doesn't closes
    11-A bug catcher, lady? Hmmm...
    12-This Grunt's script is baaaaad... It hangs the game with a brown screen so better check what you were doing. I luckily escaped his sight and talked with the girl and went inside the cave in order to proceed
    13-Basically, you are having a lot of warping problems in that cave (unless you did that intentionally, which I doubt), pay more attention to the destination values

That's all, I still haven't finished the Beta, and I wasn't Beta testing, I was just playing it normally, and I found all that stuff. Probably there's more, but I'll let other people to find more errors if there are.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    wow. this hack rocks. it looks pretty sweet too. you really know your editing skills!
    Keep it up!

Hedgehogger

Years
    Just before the thread dies...IT RETURNS AGAIN!

Only this time, with Azure Blue Beta 2.5.1. I had to restart again, so most things that were originally in Beta 2 were either changed or just haven't been implemented yet. Also, check out the new palettes of some areas.

Back