• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Did they bypass the code? Or is the Pokébank not doing it's job? If so GF should update it...

the thing is there's two types of hacked pokemon, there's pokemon that are hacked to have moves, EVs and Hidden abilites they can't legitimately obtain, or even pokemon with egg moves but it doesn't show they were actually hatched, and there are hacked pokemon that have completely legitimate movesets, legitimate IVs and EVs, Abilities that are possible to obtain and so on, so all that would be checked by the Pokebank/GTS is whether or not the pokemon is possible. So if the pokemon was hacked, but it seems legitimate, there's no way to distinguish it from a legitimately obtained pokemon, I would imagine.

Now, I can understand not wanting hacked pokemon, but it's not worth worrying over. If there's any doubt, just breed the pokemon and the pokemon that hatches will be legitimate, then get rid of the one you got in trade and everything is right with the world.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    the thing is there's two types of hacked pokemon, there's pokemon that are hacked to have moves, EVs and Hidden abilites they can't legitimately obtain, or even pokemon with egg moves but it doesn't show they were actually hatched, and there are hacked pokemon that have completely legitimate movesets, legitimate IVs and EVs, Abilities that are possible to obtain and so on, so all that would be checked by the Pokebank/GTS is whether or not the pokemon is possible. So if the pokemon was hacked, but it seems legitimate, there's no way to distinguish it from a legitimately obtained pokemon, I would imagine.

Now, I can understand not wanting hacked pokemon, but it's not worth worrying over. If there's any doubt, just breed the pokemon and the pokemon that hatches will be legitimate, then get rid of the one you got in trade and everything is right with the world.

It's good news for me, actually. I have a few Pokemon on my Black2 that I really wanna use that are the kind of hacked Pokemon that are still sorta legit. I never hacked anything to have moves or Abilities that they shouldn't have (no Wondertombs or Magikarps with Aeroblast or **** like that). I just altered their IVs and made it so I had ones with the natures and moves I wanted so I didn't have to do even more breeding. I was worried that they might not make it through, but now it seems thats not an issue.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    How are we able to tell if they are hacked? Did you try to transfer a known hacked Pokemon into the bank or making an assumption?

All depends on your definition of hacked.
    "Hacked" may mean illegitimately created (pokesav, cheat codes) but within legal limits of abilities/IV/EV/movesets, or outright impossible abilities/IV/EV/movesets. I'd hope the latter is blocked.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • The obvious hacks can't be used in Wifi anyway, so we shouldn't really care about it. However I must say it's a little bit suprising for me that GF couldn't back up it's words

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    According to serebii, gen 3 and gen 4 pokemon that aren't nicknamed, when uploaded to pokebank it'll make it so their names aren't in all caps.

You have no freaking idea how excited I am for this little thing, I always hoped they would implement this! =D

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Sadly, hacked Pokemon are getting through.

So could you clarify? How do you know hacked pokemon are getting through? Because Japan has had the Pokebank for over a day now, and the little blue hexagon has been established that that just means those pokemon were caught/bred in Kalos. The lack of the hexagon simply means they weren't caught in Kalos. (The reason I bring this up is because on other boards I am seeing people talk about releasing pokemon without the hexagon because they still think that's the hacked/not hacked symbol, not the region it was originally from symbol)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • According to serebii, gen 3 and gen 4 pokemon that aren't nicknamed, when uploaded to pokebank it'll make it so their names aren't in all caps.

You have no freaking idea how excited I am for this little thing, I always hoped they would implement this! =D

As am I. Now I don't need to change their names to lowercase when transferring over Pokémon from Sapphire, Emerald, Platinum, and SoulSilver. I had hoped they done it in Gen V but better late than never.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Soooo, I had a little trouble with the whole getting-eshop-to-work thing today. I tried to launch it about ten times, but I always got an error message. I'm pretty worried that it will do the same thing when Pokebank comes out and I won't be able to download it for this reason. And yes, I have done the Super-duper-Nintendo-network-id-linkup-Super-update-thingamajig that we needed to do in order to be able to download Pokebank in the first place. In fact, I had no problem accessing eshop a few days ago, but suddenly I do. Anyone having the same problem?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Soooo, I had a little trouble with the whole getting-eshop-to-work thing today. I tried to launch it about ten times, but I always got an error message. I'm pretty worried that it will do the same thing when Pokebank comes out and I won't be able to download it for this reason. And yes, I have done the Super-duper-Nintendo-network-id-linkup-Super-update-thingamajig that we needed to do in order to be able to download Pokebank in the first place. In fact, I had no problem accessing eshop a few days ago, but suddenly I do. Anyone having the same problem?

You need to remember today is CHRISTMAS, lol! How many new users are on their brand new 3DS, 2DS and Wii Us setting up their new Nintendo ID accounts, or linking it from one system to both systems. While it may happen when Pokebank comes out, I would imagine a lot less people will be setting up Pokebank on the 27th than are setting up whole new systems on Christmas day

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • So could you clarify? How do you know hacked pokemon are getting through? Because Japan has had the Pokebank for over a day now, and the little blue hexagon has been established that that just means those pokemon were caught/bred in Kalos. The lack of the hexagon simply means they weren't caught in Kalos. (The reason I bring this up is because on other boards I am seeing people talk about releasing pokemon without the hexagon because they still think that's the hacked/not hacked symbol, not the region it was originally from symbol)

How are we able to tell if they are hacked? Did you try to transfer a known hacked Pokemon into the bank or making an assumption?

I literally watched (on a Twitch stream) some guy transfer over Pokemon he created on Pokegen.

Spoiler:

Its not a big secret that they're getting through.

Years
  • I hate the fact that if you send your pkmn from the 4th gen to 5th that it take so much time to send them over. But i am going to buy a 5th gen game, because i want my Lugia haha.

(Sorry for my english!)

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • You need to remember today is CHRISTMAS, lol! How many new users are on their brand new 3DS, 2DS and Wii Us setting up their new Nintendo ID accounts, or linking it from one system to both systems. While it may happen when Pokebank comes out, I would imagine a lot less people will be setting up Pokebank on the 27th than are setting up whole new systems on Christmas day
    I guess that's one way to explain it, which I never even thought about. Still, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed until the big day comes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I just tried going to the eshop and it's still down...wonder how long it'll take to come back up.

I wonder if Pokebank and Transporter will be out at midnight like the games were...well midnight for the east coast as it was 9 pm here when the eshop updated.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Hi, I live in HK but I'm using nintendo XL to play US games since I prefer to read in English, and I had always used the US prepaid cards to pay for the eshop games. I have a question related to the network id from the previous update since making one in my 3ds would region lock it forever. Will I still be able to access some of the games I bought in the eshop even if I don't live in the US?
    I ask this because I heard that the pokebank requires you to have a network id.

Years
  • There are two things I wanted to check out for Poké Transporter:

1. Since I didn't know until today that all non-nicknamed pokémon from Gen III & Gen IV games would have had their names uncapped when transferred, I nicknamed five of the pokémon I caught in Heart Gold the uncapped versions of their English names. However, since they're really cracking down on nicknaming function in X & Y since I saw a video of someone trying to transfer his pokémon and they wouldn't accept his Shaymin since it was nicknamed :), I was wondering if any of these pokémon names would be considered inappropriate in some part of the world & have the possibility of being blocked if I try to transfer them:
      • Totodile
      • Mismagius
      • Forretress
      • Smeargle
      • Farfetch'd
    2. Has anyone tried transfering pokémon caught in apricorn pokéballs?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I honesty can not find where it says if my b/w and/or b/w2 needs to be completed first to use pokebank.

The correct thing was quoted in the post you were responding to.

On the matter of hacking, I'm really happy to see that hacks are getting through, although it was a given that anything well-hacked wouldn't have any issues. Sadly, some somewhat poorly hacked mons seem to be getting through as well, but I'm not entirely sure as to the extent of that or if it's even really true; I've been too busy to keep a close eye on it.

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
  • Was wondering if any of you had a Japanese XY with PokeBank? I would appreciate it if someone out there could transfer my 6 EV/IV Trained Pokemon. I could offer you a Shiny or another EV trained Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    The correct thing was quoted in the post you were responding to.

On the matter of hacking, I'm really happy to see that hacks are getting through, although it was a given that anything well-hacked wouldn't have any issues. Sadly, some somewhat poorly hacked mons seem to be getting through as well, but I'm not entirely sure as to the extent of that or if it's even really true; I've been too busy to keep a close eye on it.

I saw that but ok... I guess I don't have to complete my b/w then lol.

Back