• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle Revolution(Should I buy it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Is it good, worth the money? I'm a die-hard PKMN fan, so I figured I'd get it. I know there is no real story mode, not like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness, but that doesn't really matter to me. How is the battling though? I hear it just gets repetitive and boring, also that WIFI doesn't work to well. IGN says the game bites, but if any of you have played it, what do you think, should I buy it?

Years
    Well, it all depends on what you like.
    Some people like it, some people hate it, some people don't mind it.

What I would do, is have a look at some reviews, check out some gameplay footage and then decide if you think it looks interesting or not.

Also, IGN are a little strange when it comes to reviewing, IMO. They will review a horrid game amazing and a good game rubbish.

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
    Years
    Well how much is it?
    I personally didn't mind it but if I went back to play it now, I'd just fall asleep because of how long it takes to finish a coloseum.
    The only reason I liked it really was the character customization (which I didn't think was that great anyway)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    If you can get it for less then 20$ I'd say it would be a good buy, otherwise no.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's a good game if you have a trash can sitting next to you waiting for your vomit to go hurling in there.

Years
    If you have a DS, then go for it. It's beneficial for your DS games too, cos you receive special Mystery Gifts pokemon like Pikachu with Surf and Fly and either a Magmortar or Electivire. :)

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    It's a battle simulator. Buy it if you have any Gen IV Pokemon games and Wi-Fi since you have to use Friend Codes on the DS games and not on PBR. The graphics also inspire you to continue to battle.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i think its a good game. i have fun testing out potential teams on there. alot of people hate it and i dont really understand why. its basically the stadium games but without mini games and the gym leaders. i wouldnt recommend it if u dont have a ds tho but the graphics are amazing and i think its a really fun game ^_^

DNZGames

Team Atmos Leader
    Years
    i'd say no - as good a game as it is, it's a massive let down compared the Gamecube Pokemon titles. I'd save your money, as it has been leaked that a Colosseum and XD-style game is coming to Wii, possibly another Sequel. I'd look to getting that more than PBR.

andrvitor

Pok�mon Black!!!AIradeAsh
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Aug 22, 2018
    PBR is very bad, but there all iniciate, if this the color nerver have life

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I find it fun to play if your doing something else. Like talking on the phone.. I think its pretty cool that you can use your DS pokemon to battle as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's not really a month old, but I doubt he really needs anymore suggestions now since he posted it during Christmas, so I'll just close it up.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back