• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen today
    Haven't got any new maps quite ready, but I have been working a good bit on engine stuff. The two biggest additions are ones that I've been wanting to add for a good while, but previously couldn't figure out how to go about it.

First is an actual functioning Move Reminder, and second is that items stolen or consumed during battle are now restored after the battle is over. So no more worrying about an opponent Thiefing away your only Amulet Coin, lol! This also gives me much more incentive to add in more consumable items, like Air Balloon, for example, which I've just finished testing out.
    Just a little update of what's been going on the past couple of weeks, lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Haven't got any new maps quite ready, but I have been working a good bit on engine stuff. The two biggest additions are ones that I've been wanting to add for a good while, but previously couldn't figure out how to go about it.

First is an actual functioning Move Reminder, and second is that items stolen or consumed during battle are now restored after the battle is over. So no more worrying about an opponent Thiefing away your only Amulet Coin, lol! This also gives me much more incentive to add in more consumable items, like Air Balloon, for example, which I've just finished testing out.
    Just a little update of what's been going on the past couple of weeks, lol.

Legit the most hyped I've been for a crystal hack, probably ever. Congratulations man. Your first two hacks were awesome, but this is on a whole other tier. Waiting patiently!

Years
    • Seen today
    New Town Map, based heavily on a mockup by Jace on the pokecrystal wiki.
    Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I want to clone BW3 Genesis on Cygwin. I downloaded Git as well as the correct RGBDS type, but it still says "git: 'remote-https' is not a git command..."

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Can you clone the main pokecrystal repo to your local machine? If not, then there's a problem with your installation. Maybe forgot some package in cygwin/whatever terminal you're using.

I cloned the main pokecrystal without a problem. It's just BW3 Genesis is having trouble cloning data. Maybe the RGBDS requirements must have 0.4.2 only and not 0.5.2...

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Say, in the version with the 7 gym badges, where is the original location for TM11 Sunny Day??? I know the new location is at Route 16, but I'm not sure where's the older TM11 location...

Years
    • Seen today
    Say, in the version with the 7 gym badges, where is the original location for TM11 Sunny Day??? I know the new location is at Route 16, but I'm not sure where's the older TM11 location...

It was previously given by the lady in the Lentimas/Lostlorn gate, next to the Yanma. She now gives the Cleanse Tag instead.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    Hello, Mr. Azure! I just got to know you, but I'm already a big fan!

It seems that the current BW3 version was updated back in March.
    and you are working hard to update it.

Do you happen to have an expected date of completion?
    and is it true that older file can't be transferred to a new version,
    ex) patch

If the update needs more time, that's 100% fine with me,
    cuz it means that the quality will be better and better.

If so, where can I download the latest version?
    If anything, I don't mind playing the demo then
    replay it once it comes out.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, Mr. Azure! I just got to know you, but I'm already a big fan!

It seems that the current BW3 version was updated back in March.
    and you are working hard to update it.

Do you happen to have an expected date of completion?
    and is it true that older file can't be transferred to a new version,
    ex) patch

If the update needs more time, that's 100% fine with me,
    cuz it means that the quality will be better and better.

If so, where can I download the latest version?
    If anything, I don't mind playing the demo then
    replay it once it comes out.

Thanks, I've been working on getting the finished version ready, there's still a few more maps left to go. I was originally hoping to have it done by the end of 2021, but a change at work limited my amount of time I had to work on it, so I'm now aiming for sometime mid 2022.

The current demo is the latest public release, but if you've got the pokecrystal disassembly set up on your PC, you can download the source code from my github page and build the most up to date version. It's at github.com/AzureKeys/BW3G

The current demo isn't transferrable to the final version, since I've done a lot of changes since then.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Genuinely so glad i went onto pokecommunity. I have a demo from like a year+ ago on my phone still

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Hi, I have completed the entire demo and am excited to see the final version of this super hackrom. A couple of things, I don't know if it's already been discussed in the thread, but I've encountered several bugs during the course of the demo. Firstly, if you interact with the radios in the houses, the game crashes if you read all the text. Secondly, when you defeat the Plasma team leader in Nimbasa city park, the Cheren NPC stays there when he should have left, and if you interact with him the game crashes. Greetings.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Another thing, in the demo, is it possible to get the boarding pass? If so, where do you get it? Thanks 😉

Years
    • Seen today
    Another thing, in the demo, is it possible to get the boarding pass? If so, where do you get it? Thanks 😉

Thanks! Those bugs will be fixed in the next version. The Boarding Pass isn't available in the current demo, it is actually given in the cutscene that replaces the "end of the demo" phonecall in the final version.

Back