• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black and White Dynamic Camera Movement System Help

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I was wondering how you would go about making the "Dynamic Camera System" that Pokemon Black and White use. I am asking this because in the Pokemon Chrome videos you can see that it using the Dynamic Camera system where the camera focuses on the Pokemon being attacked; and vice-versa.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • Well... Luka will more than likely will not tell you how, but it looks like it is a simple feature if you know how to interpret the battle system and add little fixes.

Dylanrockin

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Well... Luka will more than likely will not tell you how, but it looks like it is a simple feature if you know how to interpret the battle system and add little fixes.

I wasn't necessarily going to "copy, paste" it, I was more or less trying to figure out how exactly you go about making it.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I wasn't necessarily going to "copy, paste" it, I was more or less trying to figure out how exactly you go about making it.

Oh that's very simple, basically, you firstly learn how to code if you haven't done so already, then you need to figure out where every call on the battle system is, such as enemy and player base images, pokemon, trainer sprites and what not. Then you would have to mess around with sprite zooms when you've created some method to count a set amount of frames before the 'idle' movement appears. You'd also need to find all the defs where each battle function is made up of, including custom sections for when you want to show a battle animation.

Back