• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black and White: Power or Pokemon?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Powerful Trainers with powerful Pokemon vs your powerful Pokemon
    vs
    Hundreds of Pokemon to see and collect

Oddly enough, the way I see it is:

Pokemon Black: A game made for players who are more interested in battling and leveling up their Pokemon

Pokemon White: A more laid back game designed for those who want to capture and raise a large variety of Pokemon

Also
    Opelucid City in Black: Very technologically enhanced and has a ore techno-esque background music and of course, Black City

While in White, it's much more nature oriented and has a much more soothing musical background and White Forest, where dozens of rare pokemon reside

Any other notable variations you've seen?

what are your views on B/W?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I would have to say that, that makes sense, since in white forest you've got little Lv. 5 people that you can raise, and then in Black, high leveled you can battle for experience (Assuming you do gain exp from those battles).

I don't think there are any others I've really noticed much. Maybe if you look around the version exclusive pokémon, I think they have higher stats in certain areas or sumin'. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • That makes sense, since you battle trainers in Black City and see Pokemon in White Forest. Guess I sort of made the right decision when I chose to play Black first because I wanted to enjoy the Gen V battle mechanics.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I chose White in part for Pokedex completion; I'm working towards completing my National as much as possible, for the first time in the games. It doesn't help that the mechanics behind White Forest/Black City are retarded (So I can only keep these good Pokemon catching spots by arbitrarily talking to EVERYONE in White Forest every day or playing wireless with my friends? No thank you), but I still chose it and that's what I've got.
    Also, the differences fit the Yin/Yang theme, with Nature vs. Technology, brought into an interesting light with the version mascot on Black being Yin while the world around you is Yang, and vice versa.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    in one city, you battle three trainers in a rotation battle, in Black and in White, it's a triple battle...if my memory is correct

Back