• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Black Cinder

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Came back to this after a year. I'm so impressed with how nicely the game "flows". The characters are interesting and fun, the battles have been challenging and pretty balanced, not to mention the game has beautiful maps - every route looks different and unique. This is quickly becoming one of my top games.

HoWeVeR - lol sorry - my eyes aren't the best, and I have difficulty playing the game when it's nighttime ingame or there's fog. :c The weather and night cycles are really nice looking, but I'd consider thinking of a way to allow us to use the lantern in foggy places or heck just allow us to use it anywhere. I'll be running into walls until then, as I still love this game. XD
    edit - Not sure why I didn't think of that before.. XD I'll mess with my settings, thanks for the response TRueDog

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    HoWeVeR - lol sorry - my eyes aren't the best, and I have difficulty playing the game when it's nighttime in game or there's fog. :c The weather and night cycles are really nice looking, but I'd consider thinking of a way to allow us to use the lantern in foggy places or heck just allow us to use it anywhere. I'll be running into walls until then, as I still love this game. XD

Digitalzone had previously mention that the screen he uses is brighter than the rest of our screens and that is why this problem appears.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Sorry, a few more questions if anyone has the answers. ^^
    Is there a move tutor?
    How late in the game is mining?

I heard about a BlackCinder discord, is there a link somewhere?

Thanks <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Is there a move tutor?
    Closest to a move tutor that I am aware of, the home base town has a move relearner and a Deleter.
    Mining is available once back to the home town and a few main quests. Before the second Gym

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    Is there a move tutor?

I heard about a BlackCinder discord, is there a link somewhere?

Thanks <3

I'd like a black cinder dc, but I think the author said he deleted it because it was really dead

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    I just hit my first game-breaking bug :(

I'm at the part where I'm ready to leave Zesia and I'm supposed to help fix a bridge. I have the quest to go repair it, but Grant is not at the bridge (or at the bar, or anywhere I've looked) so I can't continue. :(
    Is there anything I can do? :((

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today

I'm at the part where I'm ready to leave Zesia and I'm supposed to help fix a bridge. I have the quest to go repair it, but Grant is not at the bridge (or at the bar, or anywhere I've looked) so I can't continue. :(

Have you looked at the other side of the bridge?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Spoiler:

With all of this covered , I found 2 Bugs :
    First in the Sand's Peak where if you lose you get teleported to the entrance ,,Door'' and if you press Left you will go in an infinite loop trough the first zone and the second . and only by resetting being able to continue .
    Second one is in the jail where in the first day , you have a puzzle with teleporters , and every time you fail you are being sended back to the begining .And if you press UP you will make an infinite loop of teleporting , which you will need to reset to continue .
    And also i have two Questions:
    Spoiler:

With all of this , Thank You for making such a great game and hope only good .

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Originally Posted by Misfit0216 [ Original Post ]

Have you looked at the other side of the bridge?

I can't get across the bridge because it's still broken. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I can't get across the bridge because it's still broken. xD

I don't remember what to do honestly

And you technically could get at the other side of the bridge if you get back in the forest lol

Watch some YouTube playthrought idk

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023

And you technically could get at the other side of the bridge if you get back in the forest lol
    Watch some YouTube playthrought idk

It's been a great journey, 35 hours for 2 badges made for a huge game so far! Can't wait to see where it goes. <3

I tried the forest, there's no way through without surf. The only 2 play-throughs I could find, just go straight to Grant and continue the story... so I really can't escape the area without Grant. D:

Thanks anyway though! Gonna just try and wait for the creator to respond, I think it's just a bug that they'd need to look at to figure out. ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Just started playing this, I just got to the first town with the first gym and am doing some sidequests, it's been fun so far! My team so far is sandile - zubat - poliwag - cottonee, I wiped at the lycanroc quest battle unfortunately xD

Edit: the characters have been a pleasant surprise btw, I think it's pretty impressive that they manage to be over the top without being annoying? I feel like that's harder than it looks like to pull off.

Edit2: also if anyone can tell me what electric types are available to catch, are joltik, togedemaru, or electric oricorio available? Otherwise I'll just stick to mareep

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just started playing this, I just got to the first town with the first gym and am doing some sidequests, it's been fun so far! My team so far is sandile - zubat - poliwag - cottonee, I wiped at the lycanroc quest battle unfortunately xD

Edit: the characters have been a pleasant surprise btw, I think it's pretty impressive that they manage to be over the top without being annoying? I feel like that's harder than it looks like to pull off.

Edit2: also if anyone can tell me what electric types are available to catch, are joltik, togedemaru, or electric oricorio available? Otherwise I'll just stick to mareep

You can find Elekid or the 2 other babies back at the abandoned mansion depending of your starter I think

If you want an electric type only to take down Togekiss, then Rockruff with Rock Tomb should do the trick

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    It's been a great journey, 35 hours for 2 badges made for a huge game so far! Can't wait to see where it goes. <3

I tried the forest, there's no way through without surf. The only 2 play-throughs I could find, just go straight to Grant and continue the story... so I really can't escape the area without Grant. D:

Thanks anyway though! Gonna just try and wait for the creator to respond, I think it's just a bug that they'd need to look at to figure out. ^^

Send me the savefile and I'll see if I can fix it

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    Great game, really enjoyed its content so far. At first having no speed up button outside of battle would make me drop it but in this case it actually helped to build up climate and so far it's one of the best games i've played so far and it ain't even finished! I hope that soon we'll have a full release. I just can't wait!
    Btw, how far it is in development right now if it's allright to ask?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    I don't know if it's me but It says the file doesn't exists, I can't download it.

Great game, really enjoyed its content so far. At first having no speed up button outside of battle would make me drop it but in this case it actually helped to build up climate and so far it's one of the best games i've played so far and it ain't even finished! I hope that soon we'll have a full release. I just can't wait!
    Btw, how far it is in development right now if it's allright to ask?
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! It is pretty advanced

Back