• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Black Coal & White Ice

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I like the screenies, but the one thing i don't really like is the number of pokemon OW's. Some look good (like with the police) but if you use to many, it just gets old (especially if you don't make your own.)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I like the screenies, but the one thing i don't really like is the number of pokemon OW's. Some look good (like with the police) but if you use to many, it just gets old (especially if you don't make your own.)

I don't know, it adds a bit of realism into the games. If he starts getting some custom overworlds, it will be a wonderful idea.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I like them sometimes, but too many of the ingame ones will get boring.
    Yes, i agree, he should get some custom ones.
    Also, don't put pokemon where they don't look good (that slowbro looks like it's standing on the water)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    A suggestion regarding the Lapras.

Only have Lapras in the pond, and then when the player gets the Surf Hm you can have the Lapras as a wild battle.

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
    Since I don't remember what the in-game OW's looked like. It's not like they were used as frequently as they could have been.

No, I like the use of lots of these OWs, the more the merrier. It strikes me as an original idea, and the images of more Pokemon walking about in a Pokemon game couldn't be more fitting. Why hasn't Nintendo done that more often? Perhaps when you talk to one of them, you can have the option of engaging in battle with it (this was the case in Naranja for the Geodude in the rock garden). Maybe you can make a route where wild battles will be decided by your contact with OW's instead of the "random encounter" principle.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Since I don't remember what the in-game OW's looked like. It's not like they were used as frequently as they could have been.

No, I like the use of lots of these OWs, the more the merrier. It strikes me as an original idea, and the images of more Pokemon walking about in a Pokemon game couldn't be more fitting. Why hasn't Nintendo done that more often? Perhaps when you talk to one of them, you can have the option of engaging in battle with it (this was the case in Naranja for the Geodude in the rock garden). Maybe you can make a route where wild battles will be decided by your contact with OW's instead of the "random encounter" principle.

Well, the amount of scripting that would take would be enormous. Since you would have to make the OW's appear in random places, and in a random order.

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
    Haha, I meant without any sort of random disappearing or re-emergence. Like they'd be all wandering around the route to begin with (just like wandering NPCs) and you'd just battle 'em. When the battle's done, so what? They'd just keep on wandering. (Maybe you can then disable the option to battle that one you just battled.) After all, why should they disappear? In Pokemon, they just lose the will to fight, unless we're talking about legendaries, which like to disappear just to mock you.

So really all you'd need are the OWs and a "begin battle with X" script for each one. If you're really daring you can implement a "disable re-battle" with it after the battle, until you return to the route. But that's complicated stuff for novice hackers, I'd imagine. The first part's all you need. :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well open space without grass wouldn't look right, and not to sound mean but the entire thought just seems a little...

The Idea would get boring fast

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
    Haha, you might be right. Not sure if you understand what I mean (there would be grass, of course, just no battles within it except those initiated with the Poke-NPCs), since a similar battle encounter system has won great applause from games like Chrono Trigger and would certainly be much more original in a Pokemon game than the countless annoying random encounters. Of course this mustn't necessarily apply to all routes--just a few for unique flavor, so to speak, or when the game gives the player the option of initiating the wild battles instead of a random in-game step counter. This can also be used for random legendaries (see Shiny Gold's 3 legendary dog script) to great effect.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Nice work,
    It looks very good so far....
    I guess you will do some pal edits or if you're happy with the old pals, you can stick with them....just a suggestion. Anyways looking for some updates. Good luck!

~Celebi

sparcloud

My game: Pokemon L Version
    Years
    one thing you should change is what the characters(players) look like because
    everyone is using fire red sprites you should come up with something original :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    Heehee... Assira Town.

Childish jokes aside, it looks decent. I think the grass and trees should be different colors, except in a forest. By that I mean, an area set as being a forest (I.E. Viridian Forest), not a route with trees surrounding it.

Anyway, the only advice I can give right now is... Maybe change the spelling of Assira. Heehee... Assira...

TheKingofKings

LOOKING FOR HELP, PM ME
    Years
    I rather not change the name.

All in good time, I will change the Sprites, and be adding diffrent Pokesprites, just wait.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Yeah, don't change the name, it's a great name.
    Good luck thekingofkings!
    Hey, after your done, could you show us a screenie or two of the new pokemon OWs?

TheKingofKings

LOOKING FOR HELP, PM ME
    Years
    tbh, really, I cant get anything done right now. I have finished Assira Town, Route 1 and Viridian City (Cant Remember Name). I'm really hoping to do Text, but I dont want to do it in Advance Text, because of the Screwiness.

I really need a Spriter and a Scripter (To Do Text, and Possibly just Scripts)

Also, I've been thinking of Ideas for a Diffrent Hack, and its based on the Anime, Kanto Adventures.

Back