• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Black Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    POKEMON
    Black Shadow

The Darkness is Coming...

Hack of:
    Ruby

.:Intro:.

You and your family have just moved to a small town called Whitewood Town, which lies on the region of Haiko. You hear that there is a famous professor who lives in this town, Professor Pine. This inspires you to start a Pokemon journey. So Pine gives you a test, which is your first Pokemon battle. When you pass the test, the professor rewards you with the Pokemon you used in the battle. But there is another person in town who wants to start a Pokemon journey, and he/she becomes your rival.

.:Story:.

After receiving a Pokedex from Professor Pine, you set out to start your journey through the Haiko region. You eventually meet up with another person, who challenges you to a Pokemon battle. And that battle causes a rivalry between you and him. There will be Gym Leaders to battle, badges to obtain, rivals to battle, and lots of Pokemon to catch! Unfortunately, you meet up with an evil organization called Team Nova, who plan on swiping the legendary Pokemon Darkrai! Now you must also stop Team Nova from using Darkrai for their evil plans. But they do not know how uncontrollable this Pokemon is...

.:Features:.

::Some New Tiles::
    ::Sinnoh Pokemon (Most likely not all of them)::
    ::Sinnoh Starters::
    ::2 Rivals::
    ::A Whole New Region::
    ::New Towns, Cities, and Areas::
    ::Sprites of Old Pokemon Revamped to Their D/P Style::
    ::New "Elite Tournament" System Which Comes Before the E4::
    ::Cameos of Heroes from Past Generations::
    ::Most Importantly, a Whole New Plot::
    ::And Even More::

.:Screens:.

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

1. Your New Hometown
    2. Pine's Lab in Whitewood
    3. New House Tiles

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

4. Prof. Pine's Test for You
    5. The First Route
    6. Walking Through the First Route

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

7. Boy...
    8. ...or Girl?
    9. Darkrai on the Title Screen

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

10. It's Chimchar vs. Bidoof
    11. Walking Around in Coolsky Town; There's a newly designed PokeCenter...
    12. ...and PokeMart

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

13. Another shot of Coolsky.
    14. New Pokedex Entries; It's Turtwig...
    15. ...and Piplup

.:Team (If that's what you'd call it):.

::Blaziken626 (Almost everything for now)::
    ::Furanki PKMN Master:: (Sprite re-sizer)​

Last edited:

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Uh, no it's not Futaba Town. Though I did try to make the layout of the houses a little bit like that. :D Thanks for the comment on the tiles. I'll make some new tiles for the PokeCenter and PokeMart, too.

Years
    Yes, the new houses do look good. Just remember, when making more, keep them the same shading style. Your mapping is pretty good, too. Can't wait to see more.

Years
    Really good looking .. good luck with everything man ! :)
    If you need help with D/P pokemons I can rezise them so they look like normal :D anyways succes ;)

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Well, Crossel, if you want to, you can PM me your work and I'll give you the details you need to know. ;) I'm currently having trouble with a script, but I think I'll just worry about that later and start working on the PokeCenter and Mart tiles.

EDIT: I've got some bad news. At some point, my ROM got all screwy, and now, whenever you go into a battle, the screen gets messed up. And, unfortunately, I never recently copied my ROM as a backup. So I'll have to start again from my most recent copy.

Last edited:

Lash

Years
    This hack looks great, especially for a Ruby hack, you have my support!
    But that bites about a screw ROM.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Like the tiles alot, also like the ideas for sinnoh and stuff not the first ive seen like this but looks promising. Although with everything good theres a little bad. Ok the only thing I see wrong is the female heroines sprite it looks a little funny....Is it a may edit? the bandanna is hers try to customize it a little also her head looks a little unproportionate.(Just trying to let you know what to improve) Other than that one thing nice hack and Ill be expecting some good things from this one. Also like the male heros sprite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back