• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon: Bright Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    I think this is good, it is just a little addition to gold,a nice easy way to begin your hacking...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    I think this is good, it is just a little addition to gold,a nice easy way to begin your hacking...

for now it is :)
    after i finish what i have planned i think i'll make a brand new game with home made pokemon in it, and then if i learn asm at some point in the future i'll come back and add more to it (e.g. a few hoenn pokemon :P)

I'm gonna stop giving things away now and just tick em off on my progress list, that'll leave some stuff for poeple to find in the hack :)

YamiHarlen

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    Ok, personally, I love the idea of having RSE pokemon in Bright Gold, it will put a new twist on the games, and maybe, this is just an idea, but maybe throw in a couple D/P/P pokemon in to throw in some really unique qualities. And I get the whole revamping thing, but how can you devamp if you don't have any base colors to base your pokemon of? And do you think that maybe the Pokemon from later generations should have different sprite poses? just a few ideas and a question lol, and I really like the Groudon. And just for future reference, I think that lump is a Wailmer

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Ok, personally, I love the idea of having RSE pokemon in Bright Gold, it will put a new twist on the games, and maybe, this is just an idea, but maybe throw in a couple D/P/P pokemon in to throw in some really unique qualities. And I get the whole revamping thing, but how can you devamp if you don't have any base colors to base your pokemon of? And do you think that maybe the Pokemon from later generations should have different sprite poses? just a few ideas and a question lol, and I really like the Groudon. And just for future reference, I think that lump is a Wailmer

i have a new groudon sprite somewhere but i wont bother uploading it
    when i devamp i make myself a little palette of the colours on the pokemon then colour it in with each of the colours until i like it :)
    and that lump is sortof a wailmer, there's a bit where some wailmers are in the way of your exit from a city in RSE and they looked like that but when you're riding it you aren't necessarily riding wailmer :P

I've made a front and back sprite for the new swimming thing :)
    (will put here or in a new post once i put it across to paint :D)

EDIT: here's the surfing sprites for the front and back :)
    Pokemon: Bright Gold

EDIT2: screenshots added to first post, almost ready for the showcase now :D

woo! we're in the showcase now :D
    this should motivate me to get a move on - i have to have something to bump the thread up for :D

I've decided i won't be uploading any more maps
    i do have a couple more maps finished but I'm only going to update the first post so all of you read it :)

p.s. I've done some more work on the surfing sprite and it isnt looking half bad :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yahoo you got the showcase ability. Im acually happy bout this cause you got the spunkiness of a noob who thinks they can boss people to make a hack for them but the smarts to acually know how. Also aha I also noticed the ice. I wonder how that slipped by me.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Yahoo you got the showcase ability. Im acually happy bout this cause you got the spunkiness of a noob who thinks they can boss people to make a hack for them but the smarts to acually know how. Also aha I also noticed the ice. I wonder how that slipped by me.

i kinda understand what ya mean there :)
    you mean like when someone will says ' can someone do ___ for me' i'll ask them to teach me right?

THIS is gonna be awesome!!

Yea this is the best gold remkae i've seen. Take it slow and keep up the good work.

nice one, im picking up more support now that i'm in the showcase :D
    and Raiph it isnt really a remake, it's really a 1.1 kinda thing :)

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    I See. Well in any case keep it up your doing great so far it's looking pretty good. I Don't comment well on alot of hacks but i think this one will turn out pretty nice.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    i kinda understand what ya mean there :)
    you mean like when someone will says ' can someone do ___ for me' i'll ask them to teach me right?
    No when someone goes hey um I want to do this really coolb hack with um 200 pokemon new map yada yada yada and um I need a scripter mapper basically everything cause I are noob. YAY! You have the hapiness and the smarts to be like that but the right knowledge to know how to hack.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Great!
    Cant wait for this to finish!
    Im gonna play this on my cellphone

Exactly what it was intended for :)

still working on those surfing sprites, post em when they're done

anybody got any idea's for somethin instead of a bike?
    it just seems like a nice thing to change :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Exactly what it was intended for :)

still working on those surfing sprites, post em when they're done

anybody got any idea's for somethin instead of a bike?
    it just seems like a nice thing to change :)
    Skateboard, rampaging Tauros, roller blades, jetpack, rampaging Tauros again, or just riding a bunch of pokemon in general, such as Ponyta/Growlithe/Tauros. YAY Ponyta xD

How about a unicycle or tricycle?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Lol i stil lthink a unicycle would be funny.

I think iI'm going to release a Beta once i set up the legendary events (normal battle events) for the birds
    If you can produce a 16 x 16 sprite of Hiro riding a unicycle by the time i do that (not sure how long that's gonna be) I'll include it just for laughs :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back