• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 4, 2020
The screenshots look amazing, and the gameplay sounds super fun. A very innovative idea, I'll definitely give this one a try.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
By far this is one of my all time favorite hacks! Is it possible to get cyndaquil in this game bte?

tymime

Action Gamemaster
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
So I'm four badges in, and I have no idea where to go next. I've been all over the map, but I can't seem to find any place I haven't been to yet.
I must be missing something. Any hints?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
I know I'm really late on this front, but are the evolutionary stones locked to postgame again? I'm looking for a Thunderstone and a Water Stone.

Also, how does one evolve trade evolutions?

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
Years
Hello.

I tried your game for 1 hour, and I'm really disappointed... I'll make this short...

What I really didn't like and made me stop instantly:
- The apperance of a weird fake Pokémon owned by a sailor in a lookout tower! (I DON'T want fake Pokémon, or Gen3+ Pokémon in a GSC game gen 2. What would happen if I trade, via TGB DUAL, a "new" Pokémon to an original game? I don't want to think about it... ) Any way, I stopped playing by the second I saw it, and I deleted it instantly!
- The fact you you said earlier (in this forum) that you only kept the 251 original Pokémon in this game, and that it turns out to be a LIE!!! So, you're a lyer! I'm really disappointed by this, coz when you said that, it was to reason that I wanted to try your game, which looked really nice and fun! (Seriously..)
- You seem to have removed the Time Capsule too. How could I trade with Gen 1 games then?

However, here are the things I liked at first:
- The new Kohto region was really nice, as well as the maps and the graphics which were really well done! Good job! ;)
- The rival is a friendly girl. It was a change from Silver, who was less friendly in the originals...
- The texts and dialogs, as well as many characters (like the main character, gym leaders and the professor), were different.
- I liked the fact that Prof.Oak and Kanto were in the game too! It's fun to see returns of characters, and it's normal too, since it's the Pokémon World afterall! ;)

Bref, I won't make this longer. I resepct your work, coz you did an amazing job for creating your game, but it's not a game for me! I want real Pokémon, and since it's a Gen 2 game, there's supposed to contain only Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon. Trading Pokémon is important and has to work perfectly in all cases, and without trading, a Pokémon game isn't worth to play at all...

Have a good day "quand même"!

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
Hello.

I tried your game for 1 hour, and I'm really disappointed... I'll make this short...

What I really didn't like and made me stop instantly:
- The apperance of a weird fake Pokémon owned by a sailor in a lookout tower! (I DON'T want fake Pokémon, or Gen3+ Pokémon in a GSC game gen 2. What would happen if I trade, via TGB DUAL, a "new" Pokémon to an original game? I don't want to think about it... ) Any way, I stopped playing by the second I saw it, and I deleted it instantly!
- The fact you you said earlier (in this forum) that you only kept the 251 original Pokémon in this game, and that it turns out to be a LIE!!! So, you're a lyer! I'm really disappointed by this, coz when you said that, it was to reason that I wanted to try your game, which looked really nice and fun! (Seriously..)
- You seem to have removed the Time Capsule too. How could I trade with Gen 1 games then?

However, here are the things I liked at first:
- The new Kohto region was really nice, as well as the maps and the graphics which were really well done! Good job! ;)
- The rival is a friendly girl. It was a change from Silver, who was less friendly in the originals...
- The texts and dialogs, as well as many characters (like the main character, gym leaders and the professor), were different.
- I liked the fact that Prof.Oak and Kanto were in the game too! It's fun to see returns of characters, and it's normal too, since it's the Pokémon World afterall! ;)

Bref, I won't make this longer. I resepct your work, coz you did an amazing job for creating your game, but it's not a game for me! I want real Pokémon, and since it's a Gen 2 game, there's supposed to contain only Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon. Trading Pokémon is important and has to work perfectly in all cases, and without trading, a Pokémon game isn't worth to play at all...

Have a good day "quand même"!

Thanks for breaking the ice Ericgall 23. Now for my brief summary on how I see this game.

First off, it's nice to see someone create a new entire region rather than playing off an existing one. There are some interesting ideas in the region that give it some identity such as two gym leaders in one city, the ability to buy apricorn balls for very cheap, the cave that contains acrobat rather than the usual Golbat due to an NPC befriending many of them, and the villainous team that trespassed in a car maintenance building with oil slicks making you slide around. On top of that, the Pokemon variety is pretty good as far as I can tell; you can even evolve the Pokemon that evolve with elemental stones because you can buy them around halfway through the game.

There are a few things that bring this hack down quite a bit. For one, the Region, while completely different than Johto, feels more like said region but its landmarks have been rearranged. This become apparent is certain places that have the same Pokemon encounters as places in Johto from the vanilla Gold. Another thing that bothers me a little bit is the difficulty of the game. I know this game wasn't intended to be hard and other hacks that aren't challenging have this issue, but this hack feels rather easy sometimes. I can't remember a time in my play through at all where any of the gym leaders gave me a challenge worth writing home about. The smooth scaling also gets on your nerves especially when your trying to get a move learned later on by a Pokemon or trying to get a Tyranitar or Dragonite by evolution.

The most glaring flaw, however, is the post game. Sure you get to explore Kanto, but only a fraction of the Region compared to what we were given in the original Pokemon Gold. There's also the remaining of the Region being untouched or inaccessible if you choose to use the Walk Though Walls cheat. You could even fight Blaine since it's one of the buildings/caves that still has its wrap point intact. The post game pretty much boils down to "Go into Cerulean Cave and battle the secret character just like Mt. Silver". This parallels to the events in the Generation one games, especially considering the rival character is the champion of the region for the same reason Blue was in Kanto for a brief time. For this final character, the team used for this character is kind of outlandish even if there was some sort of theme going on. Only saving grace for post game is a winner circle that's been made into a building. Specifically, beating the game teleports you to a building congratulating you on your journey through the hack with even Freako giving you a pat on the back.

Pokemon Bronze is a decent game, but if feels like the creator could have done more with Kanto while being more innovative with the difficulty in order to give us something meaningful. A game with a boy in a hoodie exploring a new region is cool to play, but it makes us longing for more somehow.

P.S.
You best watch what you post Ericgall23. That second good point about this game and what you posted on the Dark Silver board isn't something I'd see someone like you post on this site. A man who made two decent hacks should give better feedback than just stuff like no fakemon, trading required in Pokemon hacks to be good, and calling the creators out on their "lies".

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Um, I wanted to catch a Spearow at Route 5, but it only appears in the daytime. I want to change the clock to daytime, I tried pressing down, Select and B, but it's not doing it for me :(

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Hey! Where is the Card Key? I've been to places over and over again but I still can't see the Card Key...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 16, 2022
pokemonbronzesig.png

I grew up with Pokemon Gold as a kid, it was the first Pokemon game I had owned and I still play the story through from the beginning every year or so.
But I wanted to play a new Pokemon game in the Game Boy Colour generation of games, I could never really get into the newer games.
So I played Pokemon Brown and Prism and it inspired me to create a Pokemon Gold hack of my own!

Basically Pokemon Bronze is made in a similar way to Brown, I don't have a lot of rom hacking experience (almost none before I had even started) I had messed about making crappy hacks for myself but now I am doing my best to basically morph everything from Gold's story and areas so it feels like a new game in Generation II.

The Starters I've chosen are a mix of Red/Yellow and Gold. I went with Charmander, Totodile and Pichu as my personal "best of".

The Story Is basically your generic Pokemon affair, It is set right after the events in Gold and you leave home and get a Pokemon from a professor and defeat gym leaders and the elite four with a group of antagonists to battle along the way, and a rival.
That's the way I wanted to make it, a regular Pokemon game.

The Region for lack of a better name that I can think of is called Kohto, which sits south west of Kanto (which is connected via underground path) It has 8 towns and some new things/features are more varied environments such as patchy grass that Pokemon are less likely to appear in, and trees/paths have fade offs into grass and stuff.

Trailer:
1.png
3.png
2.png
7.png
5.png
11.png
12.png
14.png

And that's the gist of it.

A new basic Pokemon game in Generation II.

Download it here!: https://mega.nz/#!dl8FGKgA!8wJqH9yDO3CwMs5LG4TMekmE9EebGFgXu3y6VzfKAu4

I loved pokemon Gold as well back in the day, Ho-oh being like 1 of my favorite legendaries so this is cool to see this rom hack out and about!

Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Freako I hope you read this. Going through these two games again and absolutely loving all over. Thank you again for giving us these hacks ❤️❤️❤️

Back