• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon BW: ReBURST and Good Partners

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    So I don't know how many of you have heard or seen any of the new Pokemon BW Mangas "Reburst" and "Good Partners. Just like DP/PL Pokemon DP adventures was a different DP Series to

It's titled "Pokemon BW: Good Partners" (ポケットモンスターB・W グッドパートナーズ), its script is made by Kyouichi Shichigatsu (七月鏡一) and it's illustrated by Chiyo Kenmotsu (険持ちよ).

The manga is set in Unova and obviously based on BW (character mention Prof. Juniper) but there is one very interesting thing about it - it has original main characters (a boy named Takuro and the girl - Mashiro). Seems very original to me.

Here are two pictures from this manga:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

No one even noticed that manga, probably because it got outshaded by Reburst. But, to be honest, it looks better than Reburst to me. I'm definitely more interested in this one.

As for ReBurst:

Spoiler:

I was talking about a new Pokemon manga for a more "mature" audience the other day.
    I decided that there were enough news to make a topic now.

The title is Pokemon Reburst.

The main character's name is Ryouga. The cover says the pokemon he starts out with is still a mystery, but he comes from a town in which Pokemon and humans live together. He leaves his town to try to meet his mysterious father, Arkades, who is a swordsman.

I think the first chapter came out yesterday.

EDIT 01/04/2011
    I found these raws. Kodansha released them online. I'm still waiting for some good scanlations but I make do with that for now.

EDIT 16/03/2011
    Quote from: Pokejungle
    I know a lot of you have been following ReBURST closely. I believe it was released today so I'm hoping for some full scans VERY soon so we can scanlate them for you guys.

Right now though I wanted to draw your attention to a scan that surfaced explaining how the 'BURST' function works. Apparently the pokemon are stored in a crystal (called Burst Hearts) and can be combined with a human to give the user the pokemon's power and part of their appearance. The right scan shows a villian using Excadrill.

Kinda cool IMO :3 Not sure why so many people are complaining that this is a Digimon rip-off. The idea of human/animal hybrids has existed from the beginning of time. Look at Egyptian gods that had the heads of animals even :p

<3 pokejungle

I personally don't know much about both of them yet but I know that ReBURST was released March 9th and we do not know much about GP because it hasn't been released yet (nor has much info).

In my personal opinion for ReBURST seems to be made a lot for the more "mature" audience. It seems to me like it has added effects from like Digimon and DragonBallz.

I was talking to a friend about them he said:
    [13/04/11 6:58:21 PM] Smugleaf: eh, the characters look like beyblade characters
    and

He also mentioned something about their eyes in which the same time I came across

The only thing about this manga that bugs me is a minor quirk of mine in the artwork. Something about how the artist does eyes feels weird to me for Pokemon, and compared to most of the other mangas I read. I could probably get over it granted I could read full chapters of it, but I dunno, it still slightly bugs me.
    [13/04/11 7:12:07 PM] Smugleaf: lolol

I personally can't wait to read this but what are your thoughts on this?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    PokeBurst looks very interesting. The designs aren't that bad to be honest. The main character is Ryouga? Not a bad name as well. I'm starting to wonder what those other characters could be. Maybe they are the replacement of the gymleaders of the Unova region? I don't usually see the Manga switching gym leaders but it could be possible. I'll be looking into Pokeburst.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Pokemon Reburst have a good art but their protagonist design is just too generic for me. The idea of human fused with their pokemon for battle is just too less pokemon-like(or more blatantly, digimon rip-off).

One doesn't have to change the old system(storing pokemon in pokeball, and command them as you battle)to make more appeal to older audience. One can make pokemon battle even more lethal, trainer required to move around as pokemon attack may hit them, and using surrounding as your advantage.

Back