• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chartreuse

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
    .:: Hack of ::.
    Pokemon FireRed

.:: Introduction ::.

I started this hack over on a new rom so i started a new thread.

I've decided to start a new hack after my old one died. I was looking through a list of colors and decided to name it Chartreuse.

Update (June 23rd, 2007) :
    Haven't worked on this for a long time and decided I would do beta 2.

.:: Story ::.
    You are living in Azure Island when you are finally old enough that your mom will let you go out and become a Pokemon trainer. You will need to defeat all 8 Gym Leaders and beat the elite 4. But along the way is team Frost.

.:: Features ::.
    • Possible: New Pokemon
    • Possible: Revamped Pokemon
    • New Maps
    • New Trainers
    • New Gym Leaders
    .:: Team::.
    • Beta Testers: Everyone
    • Mapper: Chris-h11
    • Scripters: Chris-h11 (Your name here)
    • Spriters: Chris-h11 (Your name here)
    • Other: (Your name here)
    To join the team give me this information via PM:
    Name, Position, Proof of Work, Other Information (Optional).

Note: I erased the team just incase people don't want to be on it anymore or if they quit rom hacking.

.:: Screenshots ::.

Beta 2 Screenshots (NEW!)
    Outdated Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

.:: Betas ::.
    .:: Known Bugs ::.
    • The crazy text when you receive your Pokedex and on the Azure Island sign. (When fixed, cause the game to freeze at certain points.)
    • After the guy teaches you how to catch pokemon, if you walk away and come back he is standing on a mountain.
    Please report all bugs found in this thread.

Last edited:

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    This sounds like a really cool hack. Your mapping skills are also quite impressive.

P.S. will there be updated trainer/gym leader rosters in this game?

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    i can do sprites, but only trainer 1s

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Your maps look good but they have glitches. Add some more flowers and don't use many rocks. Good luck! ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I can see that you've put effort into your hack so far, but the maps are exactly the same as the original, cept just redesigned. You've left basically everything the same, but just rearranged the tiles, which doesn't show much originality on your part.

Meh.

But two teams in a FR hack? Good luck with it :D

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    hey it looks good
    good luck with this hack!!! ~JACK !~

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
    This sounds like a really cool hack. Your mapping skills are also quite impressive.

P.S. will there be updated trainer/gym leader rosters in this game?

rosters? if you mean will there be different trainers and gym leaders yes.
    If not could you please explain what you mean.

I'll Beta test your game, it looks cool.
    Ok you're added

Am I still a beta-tester? I mean, I was one origanilly. Please:surprised:
    Yea, only previous members that ask again will be still on the team.
    If they don't ask again i wont put them on the team again.

i can do sprites, but only trainer 1s
    Could you show me some of your work

I can see that you've put effort into your hack so far, but the maps are exactly the same as the original, cept just redesigned. You've left basically everything the same, but just rearranged the tiles, which doesn't show much originality on your part.

Meh.

But two teams in a FR hack? Good luck with it :D

I'm not a good scripter so I have to leave most of the events in the same place, and i've tried and failed at tile editing.

About the 2 teams, Since I just copied and pasted from the old story and fixed it I must of forgot to change it to one team :P.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I don't have that much experience with hacking at all (only advance map and elitemap), but you can at least change the locations of the warps by dragging them to different tiles. And no one said you had to edit any tiles.

Also, your maps seem too man made. It's the wilderness they're walking trough, so try and make it a bit messier (ie. don't have neatly lined rows of rocks lining the route).

Good luck.

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    wow great hack
    i <3 your maps

em... can i help i can map and palette change ^^

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
    Well I don't have that much experience with hacking at all (only advance map and elitemap), but you can at least change the locations of the warps by dragging them to different tiles. And no one said you had to edit any tiles.

Also, your maps seem too man made. It's the wilderness they're walking trough, so try and make it a bit messier (ie. don't have neatly lined rows of rocks lining the route).

Good luck.

Well the script like proffesor oak kind of messes up if you don't leave it in the same place.

As for saying my maps are man made, who said they weren't XD

wow great hack
    i <3 your maps

em... can i help i can map and palette change ^^

As you know I already talked to you via IM so i'll add you to the list.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I really liked your Route1 and Azure Island maps, but wouldn't it be better to change the small bushes in BuffTown for trees, and some of the rocks in Route2 for mountains? (well, it's just my opinion). Keep up the good work!

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    I'm like how you try to keep the story the same instead of changing the usual plot and going beyond the leaders and elite. I like your maps too except i think that in buff town you used the bushes too much instead of trees. and some land shadow on the map itself could be good too. Overall i like what you making.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Nice lookin' hack. It seems as if theres gonna be a lot of sea/lakes/rivers around the game...Are ships like the one's shown on your screenshot gonna be a major form of transport? Or are we gonna get HM Surf early, since it appears that even Route 1 is connected to the sea.

(P.S If you have any beta tester positions left, I'd love to test out your game, if not, I'll just wait till the full release or something)

Back