• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chromatite (Revived)

What do you think to this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

After a few long months, I have decided with the permission of Dark Dragon to start working on Pokemon Chromatite again, I am hoping that the old team still visits this thread, and would be willing to help out again.

Whilst it still being the same game, alot of changes have been made to it, most of the features from the previous version are still here, and we have also added some more.

We have started the story again, as we didnt like the starter pokemon that we had made.

-Story-

There is no solid fixed story as of yet, however, it is going to run just like the official pokemon games, but with a few twists to it. So, get your pokemon, go out and collect badges etc, but also there will be the chance to join "Pokemon Teams", who will send you messages, and tell you about team battles you have to fight etc etc. There are going to be plenty of sub-quests, and other things to keep you entertained.

-Features-

So far,

- New styled messaging system, which lets you show the name of the person you are talking to etc.

- Day and night real time system - if you need to catch a pokemon that comes out at night, you have to play the game a night.

- Berry System - lets you take one berry from each bush a day.

-Item system - 50% working, just like the standard bag system.

- Pokemon - i have about 100 pokemon, with all their stats filled in, and their pictures etc.

- Running System - Nearly fully finished, just a few bugs with it.

-Screenshots-

This is just a taste of a few of the systems, a few more screenshots will be realeased every wednesday(hopefully). Some may come during the week as well.

-Demo-

Currently a small walk around demo is in progress, it should be ready in a few weeks, given that we have no more troubles.

-Team-

The team is currently, anyone that wants to help us get the project back on its feet. I have had help from a few people.

-Credit-

Dark Dragon - for letting me revive the project.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    I'm glad you wanted to restart it, as some people already know I'm now working on a game engine in C++ and I don't have time for Chromatite but Waudby has many new systems that he will add to it and I hope this becomes one of the best games around :)

Waudby

Yes this is for sphere. I am currently now working on the first bit of the story line i.e. the bit where u get your pokemon, it has taken a different turn than what normal pokemon games have. Im not going to say to much though, cos i want to keep everyone guessing.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Hmm looks good like the thing that tells you who your tlking to. makes it look really professional.
    ive never had any experience with sphere. Heard of it but never used it.
    good luck not that you'll need it eh?

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Hey wow, you restarted, and the new version looks pretty good already!

I'll always support this project, and your Sphere problems, you know that. :)

Years
  • Your game look's cool, sphere seems to be a good program for pokémon games, but i prefer RMXP :P as always hehe :P. keep going your game, cant wait to see your CBS :P

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Your game look's cool, sphere seems to be a good program for pokémon games,
    No, not really. It's just way more customizable than RMXP and therefore you can do (a lot) more with it. Which means that Pokémon games are very well possible, but so are platform games, RPGs, puzzle games... Whatever. :)

The price is, of course, that it's more difficult to use because it's so flexible. But I like it, especially because I make different kinds of games too with it.

Waudby

Well it looks like your in luck, i have spent a few hours working on my battle system today, i think i have gotten quite far on it, although its mostly graphical work, you can see wat it will look like to start of with.

Please give me your views, i no its not a finished system yet, so dont say, the enemies things are not filled in, i no they're not, this is only like 2 1/2 hours work. it will take about a week or so to fully finish it to a standard of decent play.

Years
  • Waudby cbs looks great so far, i'm not judging you that miss this miss that, lol no. Cause i know all the time and the pacience that we(game creators) had to program game like this one. Expecting errors, and all that kind of stuff. But so far your game looks awesome :) keep the good work my friend. one question are you gonna make 2 vs 2 pokemon battle ? :P Good work man ;)

Waudby

Waudby cbs looks great so far, i'm not judging you that miss this miss that, lol no. Cause i know all the time and the pacience that we(game creators) had to program game like this one. Expecting errors, and all that kind of stuff. But so far your game looks awesome :) keep the good work my friend. one question are you gonna make 2 vs 2 pokemon battle ? :P Good work man ;)

Thanks for your support, and if you could maybe inform people about it, that would be great, as not many people have taken interest. :(

And about the 2 v 2 battles, it should be very easy to do that
    , in fact, its that easy i have already made a screenshot of wat it would look like graphically.

Here u go, a good old 2v2 fight;

Hope this answers your question. :P

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
    Years
  • Glad to see this back on track once more. Chromatite was already a grand project, and you seem to making it even better. The systems, not only the battle system, but the bag, menu, saving system and all of the other are looking might fine! And more, seems you're having no difficulties with any it. Congrats on a great job and keep up the good work!

Last edited:

MasaXGPMat

Super Transcedent Milenio
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    hey guys i'm happy to help again since i'm back to using rmxp

Waudby

Hey everyone. Sorry about the lack of updates, I have been busy doing school coursework. :(

However, Today I have managed to work on the batle system some more, ive comepletely reworked the system. I will be releasing a small walk around demo shortly, depends on how quickly i can get the needed work done. The battle system doesnt look much different now, however, alot of the scripting work has changed on it, i will be posting screenshots shortly.

Has anyone got any ideas/features they would like to see in the game, if i like the suggestion you just might see it featured.

Also if people want to apply to be trainers, then, please do.

Use this format;

Name:
    Type(i.e fisherman etc etc)
    Pokemon:
    Overworld Sprite:
    Battle Sprite:
    Text before battle:
    Text after battle:

Thanks.

Well feel free to ask any questions about the game, and keep this thread alive for me. :)

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Looking good, are you gonna use the gba pokemon sprites? or the D/P sprites for battles since they're out?

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Hey, a feature I would like is maybe like a hidden cookie, like you step on a certain tile a certain amount of times and you get teleported to a place where you catch celebi... I don't know much code but you might be able to create a trigger.

i = 0
    h = i + 1
    if (i = 50) ...

so on and so forth seeing as I don't know code. If you can find the time to teach me to script I will learn it and absorb it like a spounge with heaps of appreciation XD

Waudby

@ Darthjarjar; Im thinkin about using the dp sprites but there are a few missing in the package that i have have. like nidoran female etc. Also for some reason my pokemon data system doesnt like loading that many images, all of the pokemon lol.

So if anyone has a fully completed version of those sprites please post it here, and any other sprite or graphics you may have to help.

Thanks.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • @ Darthjarjar; Im thinkin about using the dp sprites but there are a few missing in the package that i have have. like nidoran female etc. Also for some reason my pokemon data system doesnt like loading that many images, all of the pokemon lol.

You should NOT load all images at start. It is unnecessary and takes up way too many resources. Instead, only put a reference to that image as a string and do LoadImage(that string) when necessary. Saves on memory and loading time. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back