• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: The Seventh Sea

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Introduction:
    Hi, I'm Lord Wolfybob and this is my game, Pokemon Chronicles: The Seventh Sea. I started making this game as a hack of Pokemon FireRed but decided that because of what I wanted in the game, hacking was no longer sufficient. I'll need some help with certain aspects of the game and I wish to start a team of game makers to develop this into a game.
    The game will be using Kyledove's public tiles and some custom tiles of the same style.
    The game is being developed in RPG Maker XP using Poccil's Starter Kit.
    I'm a mapper, spriter, OW creator, story writer, game designer, Pokemon designer and most other things that need doing. Unfortunately I can't seem to grasp coding at all, but hope to find a coder willing to work on this with me.
    Anyway, here's a quick description of the game and I hope you like it.

I have a website here at https://pokemonchronicles.weebly.com

Description:
    Pokemon Chronicles: The Seventh Sea is an all-new Pokemon game set in the new region of Crealic. Crealic is a large and expansive continent inhabitated by all kinds of different Pokemon, some of which are unique to the islands of Crealic. PC TSS also offers new features including the new Pokedex and many more.

The main difference between this and other Pokemon games in the option of deciding which career to pursue and the challenges presented with each choice. Will you rise to League Champion as a Pokemon Trainer, gain fame as an elite Pokemon Co-Ordinator or roam the wilds helping Pokemon and people alike as a Ranger of Crealic. Or maybe you wish to study Pokemon and the mysteries of Crealic as a Researcher. But if that's not for you, you could always join the ranks of the Crealic Police Force and put a stop to the evil doings of criminals or maybe you wish to join the criminals and wreak havok on the citisens of Crealic.

Whatever your choice, you will encounter tough times and funs times, meet many new people and Pokemon and maybe unravel a few mysteries.

As long as you have fun, it doesn't matter what you choose, as this game is meant to be challenging but fun as well because it's made by Pokemon Fans for Pokemon Fans.

Features:
    New Pokedex design and features
    Completely new and larger region
    All 493 Pokemon and maybe many new ones
    Six possible storylines known as careers all with multiple endings and choices
    Customizable hero/heroine
    Ability to buy new clothes and dress up your character
    Day and night
    Dirigibles or Sky Ships as new modes of transport
    And many more...

Team:
    Lord Wolybob:
    Mapper, spriter, OW creator, story writer, game designer and Pokemon designer

I'm in need of a coder to code some new features into the game in RPG Maker XP

Credits:
    Kyledove for his awesome Sinnoh tiles
    Dude Mister for Platinum resources
    Dragochamp for help with coding and RMXP tilesets
    Dawson and Destined for RMXP Tilesets

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    I wasn't aware you needed screens in the plot and idea space, I thought it was just the games showcase.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    You dont need screens on this area, all you need is to show us your game plot. Btw your topic is really organised and seeing that it looks like what youre doing (I could see that by your cool banner ;p). The only problem about that game is that it resembles too much protectors and also Waudby Odissey (you are even using the save avy style as him). Good luck~

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Okay, I admit I copyed Waudby with the avvie but that's only cause I was looking for a new avvie when I saw Waudby's and thought it looked cool and I already had a sprite of myself.
    I not sure about Protectors but concerning Waudby's Oddessey, the only things that seem the same are the customizable hero/heroine and the weather system. I've had a customizable trainer in my head ever since I started planning stuff as I've always wondered why all the heroes looked the same and the seasonal system is because I wanted to have the region always changing and keeping it fresh so people keep wanting to play to see the different seasons.
    If Waudby or whoever makes Protectors thinks they are too alike, I'll alter them.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Hey,Wolfy,where have you been?
    Anyway,this is a great game,and i wish i could do something to help you.
    Check my new thread.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks Ray,

I've decided to use RMXP and Poccil's Starter Kit for this game and am currently inserting the tiles into it. As I am new to RMXP and I can do the mapping and stuff, I juts need a coder to code the extras for the game from the starter kit and anyone who helps out with something, depending on how much, will recieve something ingame, such as their own character or access to a certain rare pokemon ingame or something similar. So if anyone is interested, all help is welcome.

Also, I've been designing some new Pokemon for the game and this is one of them. It's not very exciting but it's ok, also it doesn't have a name yet:

I've also done the pre-evolution of this but haven't drawn it up on the computer yet and also one other stand alone pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I'm a scripter too,but i have no idea of the 'sphere' you've been talking about.Anyway,can i help in scripting?I'm no good at creating new scripts,but i can do a lot of things.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Well now I'm making the game in RPG Maker XP instead of Sphere and don't really know anything about the scripting language in it, but any help would be welcome.

Also, I've nearly finished mapping out the starter town, which I've done in Sphere as I find it easier to map in then RPG Maker XP but I'll convert it over to RMXP when I find time to insert the tilesets.

I'm still looking for a scripter to work with Poccil's Starter Kit in RPG Maker XP to add some new features and the look of the game, like the bag, pokedex and other things. So if you want to help with anything just post here and I'll get back to you.
    All team members recieve a character imgame to do whatever they want and their own choice of Pokemon.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
    not to be mean, but i really don't like your pokemon u posted earlier, cuz it dosen't...fit.
    it's too detailed and elaborate to be sprited...

also, you better learn to script fast, cuz that's kinda how you make the game - by scripting
    -_-;

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    First of all, I don't think that bird is to detailed, the only thing that's even slightly detailed are the feather things on the top of the head and they can be easily converted to sprite by just using lines and losing all the outgoing side strands.
    Second of all, since when was any game made by just one person, they have whole companies to develop them and it takes years. Now a smaller project like this isn't going to need a whole company to complete it but it's still going to need some people with different talents. Check any of the game's being made in the showcase, how many of them have only one member making them.
    I'm a designer, not a scripter, so if you still don't agree, just pm me and we'll have hours of fun sending each other little messages ^_^

Years
    To help you out a bit. Go back to your first post and change where it says you are making this game in Sphere to RMXP with the Starter Kit. That will help a lot of headaches from some of the forum people. Second finding a scripter around here or anywhere who is will be willing to do all the coding you need will be hard.

@ Ray Maverick: How in the world can you be a scripter in the Game Development section if you have no idea what RMXP, the Starter Kit or Sphere is?

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks, I'll do that.

Also, Ray's from the hacking section where this game started out and he helped out and he's used to hacking scripts and stuff like that.

Ok, quick update, here's my first screen shot of the game, it's the player's house in the starting town (un-named)

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks,
    Also, does anyone know if there's a Kyledove Sinnoh Tileset for RPG Maker XP because I don't want to have to spend all that time if it's already accessable.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Excuse me,Wolfy,but you didn't explain me.If i understand what is RMXP i can be your scripter.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ok, Ray, first of all,what you need to know is that RPG Maker XP or RMXP for short is a rpg game creator program. If you are unsure what a RPG game is, it stands for Role Playing Game and this is what the normal Pokemon games are. RMXP uses a language called RTS, which I don't know much about but I'm learning.
    If you want to learn more about scripting in RMXP then check out the RMXP forums which have numerous tutorials and documents which you can learn from. I'm not sure what the exact address for the site is and I'm currently on a really slow computer but if you don't feel like searching then I'll have it up by tomorrow morning.
    If anyone else knows the site, can you please post a link if I don't get there sooner.

Also quick something about the game, I'm currently using the platinum sprites for the hero/heroine until I get the customiseable trainer system ready. Note, these are not permanent and are subject to change at any time.

Back