• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Colosseum/XD looking back

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
    I loved the Xd and Coloseum games =D Coloseum was harder than XD, but XD had a load of shadow pokemon, which made it difficult too. And the legends where hard as heck, especially Moltres and Suicune.
    I still own both of them too, but don't play them as much anymore, but now that I think about it... *considers playing pokemon XD or Coloseum*

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My favorite Pokemon games. :D
    I prefer XD over Colo, honestly, but what I liked more about about Colo that it was harder, and the main character was a teenager rather than a kid.
    Colo lacks the save option, I hate how you need a PC in order to save.

The music was great in both game, my favorite well always be the Cipher admins' music in XD, and Evice's music in Colo. Both Miror B.'s music are win, I prefer XD's though, Colo's made me lulz with the "SALSA" part. x3

I belive that Pokemon XD was the first game that showed 4th gen Pokemon (Remember Bonsly and Munchlax?) Oh, how I hate Munchlax for eating my Pokesnacks. >.>

I would have preferred a better balance of around...60, maybe? 40 something was too low and 80 something was too much.
    80 was fine for me.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    Colosseum;
    Was probably one of my favorite Pokemon games ever (S/G > Colosseum > R/S). In terms of game play. The battle graphics were excellent, the 3d animation great. The Pokemon moves before a move left something to be loved, but the game was very good. Game play was challenging because I never over trained I just attempted to run through it as I wasn't mine.

XD:
    Looking bad had to much stuff happening. They tried to top Colosseum, and they failed in a sense. The shear number of shadow Pokemon was slightly overwhelming, and just the pointless sub-missions. Overall I enjoyed the game as much as my beloved 3d gen games.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    I loved the difference between the original RPG's, and playing them. It was very fun playing (XD) and the idea of shadow pokemon. I was really sad when it ended, and really want a remake/follow up game (sequel).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The parts of it I didn't like were; the fact that you couldn't try a second time to catch Shadows,

Yes there are. It depends on which Shadow Pokemon you need the second chance on. All legendary dogs and Miror B's Sudowoodo have a second chance in the Realgam Tower and a third at Deep Colosseum, and if you still don't catch them, they will still be there. Miror B's two female peons with the Mantine and Remoraid will be in the Pyrite Cave where you first fought Miror B. The lab and subway ones will all be in the Snagem Hideout, as well as Gonzap for his Skarmory.

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
    Honestly? There wasn't much love there at all from me. The way they tried to fuse Stadium and the RPGs just sort of failed. the only reason I was excited was the fact that I finally got to see all the Pokemon of that gen in 3D... otherwise... I could do without those games.

Love the Wii game though, if that's any consolation.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    I... I... loved everything about them both... Colosseum was immense, and XD was superb.

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
    XD was pretty good, especially for collecting 2nd Generation Pokemon for 3rd Generation games. Colosseum...was a bit tough, and unfortunately, my memory card got fried before I beat the game D:

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    I never played Colosseum so cant say anything about that.

But XD was the best pokemon game (that wasnt a hack) i ever played but i was disappointed that you could only snag shadow pokemon and there wasnt a lot of shadow pokemon.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    ahhh this game bring's back such good memories^^

i honestly think i have replayed both 8-9 time's just because of the enjoyment i get out of them.

what i liked the fact you start out with an eevee in xd and can get a bit more diversity in a starting pokemon and in colliseum i like getting two relatively high leveled and at the time very good pokemon (umbreon and espeon)

what i disliked, honestly i cannot say that there is really anything i disliked about the game's except for the fact they haven't made a new one for the wii:o

CalumAJ99

Objection overruled.
    Years
    Well. What can I say about Colosseum and XD? Two of my favourite games of all time. I remember Colosseum being one of the first games I generally hyped - and one of the few games that lived up to said hype.
    It was a fun game alright. Overall the Shadow Pokemon in the game were good choices, despite the fact that there were NO snaggable Kanto Pokemon. Shame you couldn't snag EVERY Pokemon, Shadow or not. The soundtrack is one of my favourite video game soundtracks of all time. Who could forget the epic Cipher Admin theme, or the triumphant, fast paced final boss theme? My feelings are more or less the same towards XD, minus the dissapointment over no Kanto Pokemon. The music in XD is great, too, especially Miror B's theme and the Cipher Admin theme, which despite many people disliking, I though it rivaled Colosseum's Admin theme.
    I'd give the two games... I'd say they'd probably both deserve around about 8.5/10. Very good games, I'd recommend them to... just about anyone, really.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    I'm a) replaying Colosseum and b) playing Battle SIMS and working toward a Salac Berry in XD.

a) My God, I want to murder Justy. You only have so many taunts on an Umbreon. Also, I was very lucky with Entei and caught him on the first ball. He had like 1/16 Hp left and was asleep.

b) I never would've thought beating a lv.100 Shuckle with a lv.5 Ratatta was possible. Apparently it is because I did it 20 minutes ago.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You know which SIM is really fun? Mew vs. Eeveelutions. That one was awesome. In case you need to know where it is, go to Citadark Isle and it'll be in the seat Greevil was in where that glass wall appeared before.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The music in XD is great, too, especially Miror B's theme and the Cipher Admin theme, which despite many people disliking, I though it rivaled Colosseum's Admin theme.
    People disliked XD's Admin theme? D= Sure, it's not the longest track before it loops again, but it sounds neat, IMO.
    I look back and remember how much the XD admins' models sucked...

Seriously, that one guy was like a deranged monkey...
    Well, he WAS based on a monkey... well, kinda - it was Gorigan (name links to Gorilla). Also interesting to note is that all of his Pokemon are in the HumanShape Egg group...

The more important characters from Colosseum/XD tend relate to something, actually, from Venus and Lovrina (Roman Goddess of Love/the word 'love', both Pokemon's movesets included Attract rather heavily), to Miror B. (Mirror Ball - more obvious if you look at other language's versions of his name and... well, Miror B himself. XD).

But admittedly, character models of people in Colosseum/XD weren't always the best. I recall Ein's 'want to battle!' animation - it looked like he was stroking his chin, as if in thought... and then the camera panned to the side, revealing that the hand wasn't actually touching the chin. Bad hitboxes/whatever you'd call them in this instance. XD

It's also obvious how much more effort they seemed to put into Miror B compared to other characters, especially in XD. Heck, his hair wobbled and all pretty nicely... and then you looked at his minions Folly and Trudly who's blocky arms and turn-on-the-spot animation was...less impressive then Miror B moonwalking and doing backflips. (But what's more awesome than that?)

CalumAJ99

Objection overruled.
    Years
    People disliked XD's Admin theme? D= Sure, it's not the longest track before it loops again, but it sounds neat, IMO.

Well, it's not the most popular track, that's for sure. Alot of comments I see on Youtube on the XD Admin theme include "This theme hasn't got scale like Colosseum's!" and "Colosseum's Admin theme > This", and many people agreed. Shame, really, the XD Admin theme's one of my favourites from the entire franchise.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, it's not the most popular track, that's for sure. Alot of comments I see on Youtube on the XD Admin theme include "This theme hasn't got scale like Colosseum's!" and "Colosseum's Admin theme > This", and many people agreed. Shame, really, the XD Admin theme's one of my favourites from the entire franchise.
    Well, can't say it is the most popular meself, really (just look at Miror B's music =P).

But I can't say one should draw much from comments on youtube videos, really. =/ And besides, music is down to personal preferance anyways - not everyone's going to like a particular tune over the other. (Personally, both are good).

Amusing how Colo's Admin theme became the Colosseum Final battle music in XD, from memory. XD

xdevynxisxherex

Devyn Fox
    Years
    I really enjoyed these games.
    i loved the 3D, rpg kinda thing for Pokemon. i was really stoked when Colliseum came out, stayed up all night playing it and beat it in 24 hours.
    It kinda makes me mad that you could only catch shadow Pokemon though.
    For just about forever, i wanted them to make more, but i want them to be more like the handheld system-storylines, but in the format of 3D like Colliseum and XD.
    I think it would be awesome and i would always play it.

Years
    The Options suck.

I like my handheld games with Text Speed set to FAST.
    My Battle Animations set to OFF.

These games lack the OFF Animation. Totally slows things down. Turns a game of possible 10-20 hour completion on its rear and adds ten or so hours.

That girl? Face her and you can't even talk to her! You could see hearts, a flower pot, and electricity from the ears of Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow.
    So why not an anime nosebleed or hearts or loveydovey gooey eyes when you talk to the 'her' from Colosseum? Oh. You can't.

That hoverbike is cool.
    The Under is cool.
    Team Snagem is awkward.
    Cypher is an improvement.
    The female bosses are weird.
    XD has better shadow Pokemon.
    Chobin is a total goof.

I want a Robo-Groudon suit.

Years
    I loved these two games. I liked the story line and the 3D stuff. Shadow pokemon were cool xD Wish there was another installment.

Back