• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Competition

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    For some reason, the Pokemon Musical reminds me too much of Glee. And I absolutely can't stand that show, so naturally, I think the musical is pure bogus.

On another note, the contests were actually enjoyable. And with the addition of new moves in Gens IV and V, one can only wonder why the developers didn't keep contests in the games.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I hate the Musicals. All they are is the contests from Sinnoh, except without the actual contest part, you can't control the Pokemon when they dance and you can't choose where the accessories go. Bring back the Pokeathlon.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I think the musicals are cute but they are kind of pointless honestly. I LOVED the Pokealthon. It was so much fun and I felt like I accomplished something when I played it. The musicals are cute but that's it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    What I think they need to have is a game where they include pokemon contests(R/S/E), Pokeathlons, Musical. I mean why cant they just add all of them? It would add so much more time to the play time.

Not to mention the development time and the time spent figuring out how to shove all these things into one place!

Anyway, it looks like from the onset that they were satisfied with using Contests as a mechanic in two sets of games (R/S and D/P) and were planning to develop a replacement side-game system in any further games. As we can see, the two HG/SS and B/W teams came up with different ideas which both showed off something new in the game (the Pokéthlon is a further excuse to use Pokémon OW sprites while the Musical hinges on the use of full-sized Pokémon backsprites)

I'd be surprised if they returned to Contests in a new, original Pokémon game.

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    To tell the truth, I loveeee Musicals. But I like the Poketron and Sinnoh contests too! All I need now is the Guitar and Cake...

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    The Musicals are ok I guess. I liked the Pokeathalon the most out of all the minigames so I would have preferred that instead.

Back