• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Competition

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    I kinda miss those. I guess they got replaced with the pokemon musical. Anyone else miss them?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I tried the Musical and it was pretty boring compared to the Contests and Pokeathlons. If one of them makes a comeback in the third version, I'll be happy.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    If you're talking about Pokeathlon, I'm with you. Musicals were much more boring this time. Contests were even better than this as well. Pokeathlon was the most entertaining. There were many events, and all of them were fun to play.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I like the concept of Pokemon Musical. And I like to see my pokemon jiggling and bouncing. I'm not a gay though O.O

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I miss the Pokeathlon and Pokemon Contests (R/S/E not D/P/Pt). Those minigames were more fun and included more interactivity then the Musicals. I don't mind the concept of the Musicals I just don't like how it is more of a trimmed Super Contest. I wish there was more to it then just dressing up and pressing two buttons in the Musical. I think it'd be better if you could use all your props.

Hyrulian_Hero

Pocket Monster Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    they better bring it back in the 3rd revision of Black and White (Grey version I'm betting its gonna be called)

or at least the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2011
    I hate how in the musicals like you really don't get to do anything but dress up your pokemon, its kinda boring. I'm wondering if they just added it in in hopes to appeal to female game players but IDK (not trying to be sexist, just speculating). Personally I enjoyed the contest in ruby, sapphire and emerald the most cuz I love the strategy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    What I think they need to have is a game where they include pokemon contests(R/S/E), Pokeathlons, Musical. I mean why cant they just add all of them? It would add so much more time to the play time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    Couldnt stand contests, found them so boring and dont even wanna try the musicals.

The Pokeatholon was fun though

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    I hate how in the musicals like you really don't get to do anything but dress up your pokemon, its kinda boring. I'm wondering if they just added it in in hopes to appeal to female game players but IDK (not trying to be sexist, just speculating). Personally I enjoyed the contest in ruby, sapphire and emerald the most cuz I love the strategy.
    That's not you being sexist: that's the game creators, if that's really the reason. ):

Yeah...I miss the old contest from R/S/E. I was really good at those! I had a Xatu for the smart contests and a Ninetales for Beauty...and a Regirock for either tough or cute, I can't remember...I was trying to get that one statue for the secret base you would get if you beat master level for all five areas.

Eh, Pokeathlon was okay. I just don't like games that require me to actually do things at that fast of a pace; they make me really nervous and sick. That's why I only play Pokemon games, I think...

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    The Pokeathlon was amazing... But the Musicals are cute; I love getting new props from 'fans'.

Years
    I thought, when I first heard about the games, and all the graphics being better than, say, Gen IV, I thought, "the Contests must be AWESOME!" Then when I found out they replaced them with--I can't even say it(which don't even give you ribbons or medals or anything)--it was like a slap in the face!

I miss my Contests...and my Pokeathlons!

Years
    While I do prefer the Pokeathlon and contest over the musical, the musical does have some interesting elements but they just need to be capitalized on. I wish the muscial had a bit more strategy to it!

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    I loved the contests, i found them a fun challenge, i enjoyed the poketholon (cant spell) when it was introduced but i didn't even attempt the gen 5 ones, they just look awful =/

Back