• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Complete

EDX

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    Just thought of a fairly simple hack. It may have been done before, and if so please link me to it.

The idea I had was to mod red or blue version to make it where it is possible to catch all 150 Pokemon in the game without trading. The hack would keep the game as stock as possible except that in the wild you could catch both the red exclusives and blue exclusives.

I think the idea of having a "complete" version of gen-1 pokemon would be kinda cool. Are there any limitations to doing such a project? I await your responses.

poke_lova

My bro has glasses!
    Years
  • yeah, it would not be that hard to do that. but what you COULD do, to make it a little harder, is have specific areas for each Pokemon. the patch of grass in pallet town could be for pidgeys, the next could be pikachu's (lol), something like that, but you'd have to make some extra stuff. i'l see if i can do a little example and i'l post it in this thread.

ok, this is just a hack showing what you COULD do if you put your mind on it. what i did is make the starter's ALL eevee and your rivals pokemon porygon. and in the grass in route 1 i made it so you can catch charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. this is the ips patch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Mmm..Are you saying that you only want to edit the wild Pokemon grass? That's far too easy. You only need Advance map, and you edit the wild Pokemon.

Also, I do intend to mini-mod, but perhaps give more information on it, and some features.

EDX

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    The idea is not for it to be a complex hack, just a simple one that would benefit those who wanted to catch all 150 in the game without trading. For the starters one could use yellow that way you could get all the starters from throughout the game, and for special cases perhaps you could find them randomly in Mewtwo's dungeon or in the seafoam islands.

The idea of the hack would be to keep the game as true to the original, except that one can catch all the exclusive making it possible to catch all 150 pokemon without trading.

For the infamous strip along cinnabar island, perhaps it could be coded in that the special Missingnos (Ghost and Skeleton) could be caught along there. As for mew I'm not sure.

Perhaps it should be called a patch as opposed to a hack as the game isn't being changed greatly.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    If changing wild Pokemon the only goal of your hack, then it would be easy. Good luck.

EDX

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    I'm just looking at the tools needed to preform such a hack... This seems like a pretty easy thing to do. Have a question, though. Would you prefer a patch to red/blue or to yellow? With yellow, you can get all the starters with in-game events. If you prefer red/blue, what should I do for the starters? I want to keep it as stock as possible, so perhaps I could program in those events found in Yellow into red. Or perhaps I could make them prizes for the gambling mini game. Or, I could put them somewhere like the final dungeon or the seafoam islands.
    As for mew, I haven't decided yet whether to make it a wild Pokemon, or leave it to the player to use the mew trick for it. Perhaps I can script an event with the famous truck.

I thought about adding an extra area with very high-level pokemon at the end of the game but my priority is on just editing the pokemon.

I would like to hear your feedback on this. I've tried taking on hacking projects before, but I was too ambitious. I thought I'd be a good idea to work on something simple and go from there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    I think this would be cool. It would pretty much become my standard R/B ROM.

Looking forward to it. Considering it's a simple hack, it should be done quickly. Which is good :)

EDX

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    These are a few snags I've come up with so far:

1. Starter pokemon. Perhaps I can program in similar events as seen in Yellow, where people would just up and give you pokemon.
    2.Eeevee and its evolutions. Not a wild pokemon, however for it i will either program in events similar to how you can encounter the 3 Legendary Birds. Either that, or just throw them into the safari zone.
    3. Pokemon that evolve only by trading: For this i could just switch out the 2nd stage pokemon (Like machoke) for their 3rd evolution forms in the wild. Either that, or change the pokemon that the in-game traders trade.
    4.Fossils/ Dojo Pokemon: For this I could perhaps put the fossils in the unknown dungeon, and have hitmonlee/chan as items that you'd have to search for with the sliph scope.
    5.Mew: I'm not sure If I want to add in mew. You could just do the mew trick to catch it if you really wanted, you can still get the diploma with just 150.

The first priority for me is adding in the wild pokemon from blue (going to use red for this hack, unless there is any reason I should use blue) that shouldn't take long, even though pokemap does not have all the areas in the game to be modded. Are there other programs I can use to edit the wild pokemon data?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • These are a few snags I've come up with so far:

1. Starter pokemon. Perhaps I can program in similar events as seen in Yellow, where people would just up and give you pokemon.
    2.Eeevee and its evolutions. Not a wild pokemon, however for it i will either program in events similar to how you can encounter the 3 Legendary Birds. Either that, or just throw them into the safari zone.
    3. Pokemon that evolve only by trading: For this i could just switch out the 2nd stage pokemon (Like machoke) for their 3rd evolution forms in the wild. Either that, or change the pokemon that the in-game traders trade.
    4.Fossils/ Dojo Pokemon: For this I could perhaps put the fossils in the unknown dungeon, and have hitmonlee/chan as items that you'd have to search for with the sliph scope.
    5.Mew: I'm not sure If I want to add in mew. You could just do the mew trick to catch it if you really wanted, you can still get the diploma with just 150.

The first priority for me is adding in the wild pokemon from blue (going to use red for this hack, unless there is any reason I should use blue) that shouldn't take long, even though pokemap does not have all the areas in the game to be modded. Are there other programs I can use to edit the wild pokemon data?
    No, PLEASE add Mew, you see, when I was younger, my brother had every pokemon, even Mew, I pressed New Game saying "Relax, I won't save, so it will be okay". Well, I was wrong, it deleted the data, even though I didn't save. Even though he doesn't play pokemon anymore, I stll want to catch mew as a sorry.

EDX

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    Okay, I'll add mew. perhaps I could script an event where the infamous truck is? That would be cool.

I would love to add new areas but I have no idea how to do such a thing. I'd like to add a new dungeon or something,but I don't know what tools I'd need to accomplish this. I'm taking this one thing at a time. I know how to use pokemap, but pokemap never really was completed, it's missing the ability to edit events in some areas, and it's missing some areas entirely. Like the are where the truck is, as well as victory road.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    You're going to need to learn how to hex edit, if you're wanting to hack a Red rom. At least, as far as I know. ^^

Back