• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon Conquest: Twin Dragons (A Conquest ROM Hack)

Years
  • Last update to this ROM Hack - August 13th, 2023

(Beautifully made logo by Lindsay Panes, thank you so much for your very pleasing work made for my game!)
    0018_ShiningBlue_Masked_Game_Title_FINAL-1.png

Pokemon Conquest: Twin Dragons is a ROM Hack of Pokemon Conquest, a hack with a few quality-of-life features sprinkled in with moves from newer generations, a few new maps, bigger distribution of Pokemon around the game, a harder difficulty, and rebalanced base stat totals for every Pokemon, akin to Scalemons.

- What is Pokemon Conquest?

Pokemon Conquest is a crossover of Koei Tecmo's Nobunaga's Ambition series and Pokemon made for the Nintendo DS. Pokemon Conquest is an SRPG (Strategy Role-Playing Game, ie Fire Emblem, FF Tactics) with 200 Pokemon from across gens 1 through 5. In terms of Pokemon games, the original game performed pretty poorly in sales, yet remains my favorite game in the Pokemon series. As of recent, I've seen a growth of appreciation for the game, especially with very popular ROM Hacks like Reconquered and Imperial, both serving their own purpose in the line of the (very few) Conquest ROM hacks out there. I would like to share my project here that has been updated over the course of nearly a year now. It has been downloadable on social media platforms like Discord, Reddit, and Twitter, but it was about due time it was posted here with the release of the largest update to date.

- Story Synopsis

In a place distant from the modern Pokemon world you may know, the Ransei Region thrives with the Pokemon living in the world. The Region is split into 17 territories with a respective kingdom for each territory. It is revered that if one were to claim every kingdom, a wish would be granted for the brave warrior. And so, the region falls into turmoil to claim every kingdom in an attempt to realize their dearest wish.

Now, where does your story start? Will you be able to see your story to the end? Who will be your allies?

Who will stand in your way?

- FEATURES

- Updated Stats

Depending on where Pokemon are in an evolutionary line, their BST (Base Stat Total) has been shifted to match a number with any other Pokemon in that stage. For example, if you were to add up Eevee's stats and compare it to Wooper in the base version of Pokemon Conquest, Eevee would be a lot stronger, because it is stronger in mainline Pokemon games (in this game, they based BST on the stats of Pokemon when they are at level 100, so however strong a Pokemon is in mainline games are usually reflected in normal Conquest!), but in this game, Eevee and Wooper's BST add up to the same total, since they are both unevolved Pokemon with only one evolution. Here is a reference point for data purposes-

Unevolved 3 Stage Evolution Pokemon - 585 BST
    Unevolved 2 Stage Evolution Pokemon (like Eevee and Wooper!) - 635 BST
    2nd Stage 3 Stage Evolution Pokemon - 735 BST
    Standalone Pokemon (like Carnivine) + Scyther, Scizor - 785 BST
    Fully Evolved 2 Stage Evolution Pokemon - 835 BST
    Fully Evolved 3 Stage Evolution Pokemon - 885 BST
    Legendary Pokemon - 1035 BST

These numbers may seem like a lot, but are actually pretty close to the averages that existed in the base game.

Images for the sake of comparison- Pokemon shown at 10% Link with normal energy on Base Conquest, then Twin Dragons.
    image.png
    image.png

image.png
    image.png

image.png
    image.png

The difference at 10% Link (which is essentially Level 10) is small, but this strength difference will scale over time, which will make it matter more in the long run.

- Quality of Life features

- Evolution Stones and Items can be bought in normal Shops instead of from the Wandering Merchant
    - Every warrior can link with every Pokemon, albeit some have very low link caps
    - Some gimmick items on maps have been rearranged or removed for the sake of enjoyment (ie Chrysalia fencing)
    - Some items have been made cheaper
    - Harmony items boost experience at a higher rate
    - Every warrior also has an evolutionary line that reaches 99% and an extra strong option
    - etc.

- Challenge features

Warriors use evolved Pokemon earlier in the story
    Warriors use more helpful items to make players strategize against them
    Most warrior skills now have a self debuff of some sort or are worse (comparison below between normal Conquest and Twin Dragons, main character does not have this warrior skill, they were just used for demonstrational purposes
    image.png

image.png

Enemies have higher link with their Pokemon
    Postgame stories have NFE Pokemon on enemy warriors instead of Little Cup Pokemon

- New Moves
    In Pokemon Conquest: Twin Dragons, some moves have been replaced, Dig and Sky Drop have been removed, and many new ones have been made, amounting to 20 new moves and 20 replaced moves.
    This includes new moves I have come up with and moves that were not featured in the game.
    - Rising Voltage

- Tailwind

- Waterfall

- Bitter Malice (changed to Dark Type)

- Reckless Bolt

- Metal Sound

- and many more!

- Maps
    Every map now has a fresh new background color to make every area more unique, instead of having a generic sky color. Here are a few examples!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I have begun to learn how to use Blender and worked with the limitations of Pokemon Conquest, and I have made a few new maps, which are a new addition to version 1.5.0! Please take a look at these image previews!

- Neo Illusio (banner claim for 5 turns win con)
    image.png

image.png

Neo Avia (banner claim win con)
    image.png

image.png

Greenleaf Recolor (same fundamentally)
    image.png

image.png

- Credits and Links

There is a list of people I would like to dearly thank for making this possible. I would like to thank Deijin and co. (WhatAUsernameIHave, Baconfry, Snap, etc) for their discoveries of Pokemon Conquest, and with their knowledge, helped foster the tool RanseiLink that helped create this ROM Hack. Link to RanseiLink tool, as it is needed to patch a Pokemon Conquest ROM (which I will NOT provide) with the .rlmod patch file that is in the Google Drive, which will be listed below- https://github.com/Deijin27/RanseiLink

I would like to thank my testing team for the original version of the hack, released July 28th, 2022. Kirb, Rexbot2, ShiningBlue, and TJ The DJ played through the game to varying points and helped make it less of a mess. Thank you, Kirb, for refusing to play until I personally changed the starter to Scraggy for you, Rexbot2, for playing through the whole thing and introducing it to other people, ShiningBlue, for streaming the game to a large audience, and TJ The DJ, for inspiration for the hack itself.

All documentation and information is listed in the Google Drive, along with the changelog (which will be updated soon with v1.5.0 changes). If you need to ask questions or report any bugs, I will be quickest to respond on Discord as @bagonganda.

To find the Google Drive, you can follow this link here (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1exBjTkpTfuAqwnweADKR47Z3pRUS3fhQ), or visit the linktree here (https://linktr.ee/bagonganda) to get access to the Google Drive and the Twin Dragons Discord Server, alongside the Ransei Region server, which is the host of everything Pokemon Conquest (and Conquest ROM Hacks)!
    Twin Dragons Server Link here - https://discord.gg/AMHUR8KqDs

There is now a survey for people who have played Pokemon Conquest: Twin Dragons! If you have, please take a look! https://forms.gle/BaRzRaPY6ddZRcEW9

v1.6.0 Changelog
    ----------------------
    Large difficulty increase in all Postgame stories
    Fix "Oichi's Army" issue in Recruit 40 Warriors stories
    Fix "Ranmaru's Army" issue in Two Heroes
    Lower power of Starstriker Lower power of Leaf Blade, now 3 Row Ahead
    Raise Capacity of all Warriors by 1 besides Ranmaru Rank 1
    Fix Greed Warrior Skill Update Rank Up requirement to 70, and 85 for MC
    Changed encounter tables for a few Pokemon (Pawniard, Axew, Sandile)
    Guardian Charm now does give exp, but only about 20%
    Dealt with issue in main story where Kai would teleport to the boulders to hit them
    Buffed Steel Spear's chances of side effects
    WARNING. Neo Illusio is finicky in main story and may cause problems. If an issue occurs on the first time going into battle on one of these maps, like an enemy Pokemon being unhittable, running away from the battle/losing and trying again should fix it, unless you use that to cheese it and win anyways, your choice, but case in point, be aware these aren't perfect.

I hope that you enjoy this new and (hopefully) improved Conquest experience. Have a great day! Feel free to ask anything!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    This game is crazy! Crazy new moves, crazy new range, crazy new stat changes, crazy new maps! Very fun, would recommend! :]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Twin Dragons has now been updated! Thank you, everyone, for 1 year of Twin Dragons (even though my post to pokecommunity was a bit delayed, haha)! v1.6.0 is a large difficulty increase for the postgame stories of Twin Dragons, as they have been relatively untouched until now.
    I hope everyone that plays has a great time and looks forward to the next update!
    It may be a while before I work on it in full again, as I've put a lot of free time towards this and I think its only fair if I gave myself a short hiatus.
    Thanks for your time!

Years
  • v1.7.0 Twin Dragons Changelog
    - Mist Ball -> Draco Meteor, given to Garchomp and Hydreigon
    - Night Daze -> Psychic Noise, given to Chimecho and Gardevoir
    - Volt Tackle -> Acrobatics, given to Emolga, Raichu -> Volt Switch
    - Umbreon Night Daze -> Foul Play
    - Chesto! Renamed to Guts and Glory
    - Head Smash altered to Row2Ahead, moves user forward
    - Slightly adjusted other moves given to certain Pokemon
    - Treecko has had its Range increased to 5.
    - A small edit has been made to the Viperia map to make it slightly less annoying to maneuver.
    - Bibarel now has Dive, a reskin of Dig, which was originally removed from the game.
    - Sky Drop has been updated, but goes unused still. This is for the sake of move randomizers.
    - Cross Chop -> Storm Blow, still on Machamp
    - Machamp no longer has Bodyguard, in replacement for Thrust.
    - Various buffs to Poison-type moves, granting most of them the ability to Badly Poison or have increased poison odds.
    - Incinerate Burn chance has been raised.
    - Dialogue Oichi says before battling a kingdom has now been changed to give useful advice about the map of the kingdom you are about to fight.
    - Renamed Shadow Dash to Prankster.
    - Readjusted Max Link Capacity for every monotype Pokemon, and all legendary Pokemon. Overall, this is a buff for about ~90% of the warlords.
    - Fixed issue with Tadakatsu where having Metagross or Dialga would cause the Max Link dialogue to appear after every action.
    - Some Perfect Links for Warlords have been edited, meaning that Warlords have a perfect link with just the fully evolved form of the Pokemon they were normally perfect links with, along with another Pokemon. - The doc will be updated with this information soon! Postgame stories have accommodated for this as well!
    - Another map has been edited as a hint towards its future appearance- find it in game to see the preview for yourself before its officially shown off!
    - Dragnor Water and Grass nodes now inflict Confusion and Poison statuses respectively.
    - Typhoon Warrior Skill has been buffed.
    - Confidence has been changed to raise Accuracy instead of Speed.
    - Drifblim now has Tailwind and Decoy is replaced with Perception.
    - Haunter now has Shadow Ball.
    - Mud Bomb range changed to Cross2Ahead.
    - Fake Out accuracy has been decreased slightly.

- Neo Greenleaf and Neo Floating Rock Level 2 have been added in replacement of their originals. Please report any bugs regarding them, especially Neo Greenleaf in the main story.
    Neo Greenleaf is a 13x13 map with 4 banners near each corner. the map is split into east and west, and every other turn, vines appear to bridge the gap between east and west. It is possible to go to the other side while the vines are inactive, but it leaves you extremely vulnerable to enemy attacks.
    Neo Floating Rock is an 8x8 map that builds itself by using floating blocks. Every other turn, bridges activate, allowing both you and the wild pokemon to traverse to both corners of the map. You can also use the floating blocks mentioned to create a temporary bridge to the other side.

- As promised, with every new update that features a map, the maps that came in a version before it are now free to use for other ROM Hackers! This means that along with Recolored Greenleaf and Recolored Avia that was already available to everyone, Neo Avia and Neo Illusio are now free use! If you have any issues adding it to your hack, send your RLMod my way, and i can patch it for you, when time allows!

Visit the google drive for the previous patches! (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1exBjTkpTfuAqwnweADKR47Z3pRUS3fhQ?usp=sharing) The Changelog and Detailed Info Source will be updated, and the patch will be put on the drive later!
    if you have played Twin Dragons (don't have to complete it to take this), then take this survey! (https://forms.gle/navfLAWZCyqyZm3E7) It's very helpful for me to see what people think would make the experience better! or visit the linktree here (https://linktr.ee/bagonganda) to get access to the Google Drive and the Twin Dragons Discord Server, alongside the Ransei Region server, which is the host of everything Pokemon Conquest (and Conquest ROM Hacks)!
    Twin Dragons Server Link here - https://discord.gg/AMHUR8KqDs

Screenshot_2023-10-05_170345.png

Screenshot_2023-10-05_170318.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Years
  • Pokemon Conquest: Twin Dragons v1.7.1 out now! Here's the patch notes-

- Simisage's Melee has been changed to Celebrate.
    - Psychic Noise no longer causes double knockback. Chimecho's Calming has now been changed to Thrust. Psychic Noise is now 34 Power.
    - Fake Out - Nerfed Accuracy from 95% to 85%
    - Audino, Cinccino, and Persian's Ranges have all been dropped to 3 instead of 4.
    Audino's Life Force has been replaced with Sprint.
    - Machamp's Conqueror has been replaced with Moxie.
    - Blizzard has been nerfed to have 45 Power and 85% Accuracy.
    - Icicle Crash has been buffed to have a range of Column2Tiles2Ahead.
    - Burnt Jealousy has been reworked. now 33 Power (buff), 75% accuracy (nerf), and 35% chance for a Burn (nerf).
    - Reckless Bolt's power has been decreased, but the defense drop has been changed for a High Critical Hit Chance. The range of the move is now shared with Air Cutter, meaning the Pokemon hits themselves with the move.
    - Luxray's Sprint has been changed to Sniper.
    - Zebstrika's Lightningrod has been changed to Volt Absorb.
    - Emolga's Range has been decreased from 5 to 4.
    - All custom maps now have the Pokemon facing the correct/intended direction.
    - Neo Pugilis is now out with this update! Pugilis now dawns a black and blue look with orange highlights, with 2 tile wide pathways to the middle on all 4 sides. This on top of there being 4 bells and new spawn locations means a new spin on what Pugilis was once before!
    - Neo Illusio's infamous glitch of Aya and Kanetsugu becoming unusable in battle by the opponent has finally been fixed.
    - Various changes to Pokemon species used by warriors in Yoshihiro's, Shingen's, Kenshin's, and Nobunaga's army in The Legend of Ransei.
    image.png

Years
  • Version 1.8.0 is out now, and this is your balance change update! Here's your gigantic changelog!

• Simisear given 5 Range, Hero replacing Instinct
    • Reckless Bolt is now Supercell Slam
    • Ice Ball nerfed to 12 power
    • Incinerate Power and Accuracy nerfed
    • igglybuff Pound is now Fake Out
    • Pound is now Bouncy Bubble, Wooper and Panpour gets it
    • Water Gun replaced with Mind's Eye, given to Dusknoir and Mismagius
    • Mismagius has been given Thrust instead of Prankster.
    • Wooper and Quagsire now both have access to Aqua Boost, and Wooper additionally also gets access to Unaware
    • Glaceon now gets Thrust instead of Skater, and now has 5 Movement Range
    • Steel Spear odds buffed further
    • Arbok Shed Skin is now Thrust
    • Breaking Swipe Damage and Accuracy buffed
    • Lampent now gets Spirit Shackle, Spirit Shackle nerfed, Lampent and Chandelure get Shackle
    • Shadow Ball removed, changed to Sludge Wave, given to Arbok and Toxicroak
    • Kirlia now given Psychic, Psyshock changed to Strength Sap, given to Swadloon and Snivy
    • Treecko gets Vine Whip, which has been given a chance to Lower Defense
    • Charmander and Charmeleon now get Flame Boost instead of Warm Blanket
    • Tackle changed to Stuff Cheeks, exclusive to Munchlax, which has fixed damage and heals based on damage
    • Umbreon Range changed to 4
    • Cubchoo Range changed to 4
    • Chance to lower defense added to Sacred Sword, changed back to Row range
    • Dratini and Dragonair buffed to 4 Range
    • Snorunt buffed to 5 Range, Glalie buffed to 4 Range
    • Entire Aggron line changed to 4 Range
    • Duskull Range changed to 4, Astonish power buffed
    • Rhyperior Range changed to 4, Rock Wrecker changed to Cross2Ahead, move power nerfed for Rock Wrecker
    • Fraxure changed to 4 Range
    • Onix changed to 4 Range
    • Spiritomb changed to 4 Range
    • Eevee Perception is now Hero
    • Peck changed to Pinion Blitz, a two hit move with a heightened chance to crit and a 30% chance to lower Defense on each hit, being put on Starly and Zubat, which both have Thrust.
    • Thrust renamed to Momentum
    • Spawns moved back to normal location on Dragnor
    • More items can be created through alchemy, like evolutionary stones.

- Neo Valora and Neo Cragspur have been added! Check them out!

Neo Valora is a 5 Banner Map with 2 layers, with most banners at the bottom, and a strictly difficult banner to keep at the top. The security cameras move you to the bottom layer, the lifts move you between the two. The jump pads on the top layer can bring you closer to the middle, or if enough Pokemon are in the way, will jump you right on the banner, and the ones on the bottom layer will send you to another corner of the bottom layer!

NeoValora.png

Neo Cragspur is a 1 banner hold map that punishes opponents, especially fliers, for going into the middle too early. With many rocks pointed towards the middle, how will you keep possession of the precious banner?

NeoCragspur.png

I would like to also announce two things-
    ROM Hackers- You can now use Neo Floating Rock Level 2 and Neo Greenleaf in your conquest hacks!

Conquest Multiplayer players- The Second Pokemon Conquest: Twin Dragons Multiplayer Tournament will be held in March through April! Join the Twin Dragons server to ask for more info! registration should open a few days after this update drops. Max 16 participants. https://discord.gg/ckY9jJEbNM Join the server to check it out!

We also now have an xdelta patch for this version of Twin Dragons, meaning you can patch and play the game on just about any device! You dont need Windows to play!

Thanks for the constant support! Expect some bug fixes in the following updates, haha. Happy Conquesting!
    Visit the google drive for this patch and previous patches! (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1exBjTkpTfuAqwnweADKR47Z3pRUS3fhQ?usp=sharing) The Changelog and Detailed Info Source will be updated, and the patch will be put on the drive later!
    if you have played Twin Dragons (don't have to complete it to take this), then take this survey! (https://forms.gle/navfLAWZCyqyZm3E7) It's very helpful for me to see what people think would make the experience better!

Back