• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Creation Utility

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
    This is a truly great idea. But, be prepared for it to take very long. The reason poccil probably implemented it into RPG Maker XP was because he wouldn't have to rewrite core things of RPG Maker. I mean what you're talking about here is, first to remake the Pokemon Engine (which took Nintendo about 1 year to make with a big group of payed programmers), and then to use that engine in a Game Making program such as RPG Maker XP and Game Maker. It's a great combination, but I think it's almost impossible for one person to do unless you're prepared for it to take 5-10 years xD

Anyway Good Luck :)

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
    Hmm...how's it going? I'm sure it must be tough, but you can do it! Anyways, seeing this on the second page made me think the project is dead, did you give up on it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    That quickly? Naw. Rather, I've just been procrastinating on an important thing; contacting poccil.

This was an idea that came about before I really knew about Essential. Lack of research, etc. He's done a great job with mimicking the core engine through RPG Maker XP and alone, I highly doubt I could do anywhere near as good. This idea is a nice one, but I don't have enough confidence to feel I could output something that people would rather use over Essentials.

poccil himself is a very busy person though, I understand. As am I, I've been trying to get around transferring things to a new machine and setting up another server. But, since I'm free now, I figure I might as well give it a shot.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
    AWESOME! kk, this is great, also, you're right. It's hard to compete with pokemon essentiels. I'm sure you can do it though.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    Honestly, this sounds pretty bomb. I'd use it, even buy it if I had the money. But, tbh, I'm tired of seeing regular RPGXP/2k3 projects. I'd like to see this song in C, or Visual Basic. I would even use a PHP/AJAX system. Good luck, mate.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
    So how's it going? Have you and Poccil talked yet? Have you started on the software?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I almost wish I could post without bumping this thread. Almost.

Lemme start by telling you all how sorry I am for practically abandoning this place. Things happened, most particularly, life, like my Grandfather dying. Meh.

I do have quite a schedule to keep up with however. I am still interested in doing this, though, only if Poccil is, and while it sounds like he's intrigued, it doesn't seem like the motivation (or time) is there. I wouldn't particularly blame him considering what he's gotten done so far.

That, and I think other "creation utilities" exist somewhat now? I remember seeing a D/P style engine for Game Maker...

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
    I"m guessing you haven't made much progress? And I think I've heard of that engine, it's just movement and text though.

Back