• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crimson Skys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
    Hey, I'm making a new game called Pokemon Crimson Skys(title might possibly change) with poccill's essentials kit. My game is going to be more than the regular pokemon game. In my game you will have to defeat all 8 gyms, and the elite four but there will be a story. I just haven't thought of one yet. I've been having too much fun mapping and eventing :) My map will consist of the Zhou region which is customly made by me. I've drawn a world map in real life and i'll try to get draw one in MS paint soon. Right now I'm using KyleDove's tileset and its going pretty well, but I would like to get my own tileset soon. I'm also using the Fr/Lg heros, but I'de eventually like to get my own heros also. Im currently using D/P music but I might possibly change to R/S. My game won't have any fakemon since I don't really like the idea of them. Just the good old plain pokemon.

Here are some ideas I currently have for my game. One would be evolution chambers. They're used as replacement evolutions for Pokemon that evolve through trading, or any other evolution that wouldn't be possible. They will be spread throught the whole Zhou region and each type would have its own chamber. A quick example would be to evolve your Machoke into Machamp, you need to bring it to the Fighting chamber. But if a pokemon evolves into a pokemon with dual types, it can be brought to either chamber. An example would be bringing scyther to the steel or bug chamber since it evolves into Scizor. Another idea of mine is that instead of just having the gym sitting in the city, you would need to adventure somewhere to get to it, like a mountain or cave or ocean. I've already used this idea for the first gym.

Region Map:
    Spoiler:

Screenies:
    Spoiler:

Heres a Demo.
    Version 1.0
    Goes up until the First gym and a little route afterwards.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?ijxmqmozim4
    Please tell me any bugs, or anything you think that needs improvement.

Positions Needed:

Spriters: I need anyone who can make custom tilesets, trainers, and overworlds.
    Mappers: Anyone who can make a nice looking map.
    Scripters: Anyone who can make their own scripts is welcome.
    PM Me if you'de like any of these positions.

Thanks KyleDove for tilesets, and Avatar for some sprites of yours i used.

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    It's pretty good mapping, but it's very symetrical and blocky, where as trees aren't like that in real life. And the city covered with flowers in perfect straight rows doesn't really work. And grass near a gym or in a town is a bit of a no no too. Overall, looks really cool. I'll have more to say when I've played the demo.

Florio

Years
    It's pretty good mapping, but it's very symetrical and blocky, where as trees aren't like that in real life. And the city covered with flowers in perfect straight rows doesn't really work. And grass near a gym or in a town is a bit of a no no too. Overall, looks really cool. I'll have more to say when I've played the demo.
    what do you mean by blocky o.o? and i agree the city with flowers could use some work, but for the gym part its not in the city, its on a mountain so they're is grass everywhere on the mountain.
    also have fun with the demo tell me what you think of it

FallenJedi88

Apprentice of the Dark Lord
    Years
    I'm impressed, not a fan of the D/P look but the gameplay shows promise. I had to really train my pokemon to take the first leader out, if the 1st gym leader has those levels, I'm afraid to see the Gym Leaders, lol.

The mapping was good compared to other games I've seen using D/P tiles.

The beginning was a nice reminder of some of the past Pokemon games. *Is Professor Daisy the same Daisy that is Oak's Granddaughter? And what's Mr.Pokemon doing in this region instead of Johto, perhaps visiting?*

Crimson Skies looks like it could be an interesting game, I hope you continue to work on it.

Florio

Years
    I'm impressed, not a fan of the D/P look but the gameplay shows promise. I had to really train my pokemon to take the first leader out, if the 1st gym leader has those levels, I'm afraid to see the Gym Leaders, lol.

The mapping was good compared to other games I've seen using D/P tiles.

The beginning was a nice reminder of some of the past Pokemon games. *Is Professor Daisy the same Daisy that is Oak's Granddaughter? And what's Mr.Pokemon doing in this region instead of Johto, perhaps visiting?*

Crimson Skies looks like it could be an interesting game, I hope you continue to work on it.
    Yeah, I don't want the gym leaders to be easy. I want you to at least lose once, its not fun if you just beat them on your first try. Yeah, I think I did a pretty good job on the mapping I just need to make it like more natural like everyone else said. And yeah, Daisy is supposed to be Oak's granddaughter. Professor Oak and his family moved to the Zhou region. Gary is going to be somewhere around there too but I don't wanna ruin the surprise. And yeah, Mr. Pokemon was visiting from Johto. I will continue to work on it, as long as I have interest.

FallenJedi88

Apprentice of the Dark Lord
    Years
    Yeah, I don't want the gym leaders to be easy. I want you to at least lose once, its not fun if you just beat them on your first try. Yeah, I think I did a pretty good job on the mapping I just need to make it like more natural like everyone else said. And yeah, Daisy is supposed to be Oak's granddaughter. Professor Oak and his family moved to the Zhou region. Gary is going to be somewhere around there too but I don't wanna ruin the surprise. And yeah, Mr. Pokemon was visiting from Johto. I will continue to work on it, as long as I have interest.

That's good to hear, I had a feeling I was right about some of my guesses. Just my opinon, but if the Region is called Zhou, what was you decision to call the towns and cities after trees and certain things they do, for example Treesap.

Florio

Years
    I dont know I just thought up of some random names :) Maybe I'll change the regions name.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    The game looks really good so far...my only advice would be that you should make the shadow only appear at night when the lamps are on. If you don't know how to do it its easy. Just define a switch with the following script
    Code:
    s:Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=19
    and make the Comment:Begin Shadow Source only activate if that switch is on.

EDIT: You should really remove your download link if you want to keep your game safe. You posted the whole project and anyone can edit it and claim it as their own.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

you should give credit to kyledove and avatar
    i saw a sprite of avatars, and obviously some tiles from kyledove.

Florio

Years
    The game looks really good so far...my only advice would be that you should make the shadow only appear at night when the lamps are on. If you don't know how to do it its easy. Just define a switch with the following script
    Code:
    s:Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=19
    and make the Comment:Begin Shadow Source only activate if that switch is on.

EDIT: You should really remove your download link if you want to keep your game safe. You posted the whole project and anyone can edit it and claim it as their own.
    I'm not sure how to put it in the form where people can't steal it. Every time i compress it, it turns out like that. Could you tell me how to do it?
    EDIT: NVM, I've figured it out for myself. Changed the download link.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2009
    hey i have a question and i'm new how are all of you people making these maps: i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/florio13/ZhouWorldMap.jpg
    ? if someone will tell me rep added, anyways thats off-topic. i'm downloading demo now. i'll add you rep if its good.

Florio

Years
    hey i have a question and i'm new how are all of you people making these maps: i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/florio13/ZhouWorldMap.jpg
    ? if someone will tell me rep added, anyways thats off-topic. i'm downloading demo now. i'll add you rep if its good.
    use houndoomed's map making tutorial

Florio

Years
    hey guys, my computer broke down so i've entirely lost the game
    i need help, if someone downloaded this game before i compressed it, please send me it, i need it to continue the game.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    hey guys, my computer broke down so i've entirely lost the game
    i need help, if someone downloaded this game before i compressed it, please send me it, i need it to continue the game.

I've got your old demo and the files and game are unlocked so it's free to edit. I'll upload it and post the link in PM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back