• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Status
Not open for further replies.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    cant wait for the next release I want to see what the next tourney looks like keep up the good work

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    its all looking very nice, except, the main character overworld isnt that good

may need improving

other wise it looks nice
    maybe change the tiles?

Well, I'm not the greatest spriter in the world... But I try.
    Thanks anyways.

alo123 said:
    cant wait for the next release I want to see what the next tourney looks like keep up the good work

Your wait is up!

UPDATE!
    Alpha 2 has been released, more details later...

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Your wait is up!

UPDATE!
    Alpha 2 has been released, more details later...
    Great I am going to try it now

Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit: it freezes when you go the bottom way. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

But works fine if you go the top way.

Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit again:This happens when you heal your pokemon at the pokemon center in hydropolis
    it freezes too. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit again: The words mess up. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit one more time:You can walk through the mailbox. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom

Edit once more: I dont have a screen shot of this but when the power plant man ask you to go
    defeat the muk he gives you an oaks parcel to open the place and when you go to the place it
    says storage key opened the door shouldn't it be a storage key instead of an oaks parcel
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit hopefully for the last time: When you cut the tree and walk where the tree was it reappears again
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit again I know:this happened when i walked by and got into a wild battle and when the wild battle was done this happened the character there turned into the main character except its brown not blue also i control the brown one
    instead of the blue one

Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit: I saved here and reset the game and this happened
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit: I saved here and reset the game and this happened notice this one has the same character twice i moved around with the bottom one which was brown but when i got into a wild battle it changed to blue
    I have to start all over because i cant do anything i am stuck

I patched over the first one with the second one so that may be causing the problems but since I have to start all over anyways I will check if these bugs still happen

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Great I am going to try it now

Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit: it freezes when you go the bottom way. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

But works fine if you go the top way.

Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit again:This happens when you heal your pokemon at the pokemon center in hydropolis
    it freezes too. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit again: The words mess up. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit one more time:You can walk through the mailbox. This still happens even if you patch alpha 2 to a clean firered rom

Edit once more: I dont have a screen shot of this but when the power plant man ask you to go
    defeat the muk he gives you an oaks parcel to open the place and when you go to the place it
    says storage key opened the door shouldn't it be a storage key instead of an oaks parcel
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit hopefully for the last time: When you cut the tree and walk where the tree was it reappears again
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit again I know:this happened when i walked by and got into a wild battle and when the wild battle was done this happened the character there turned into the main character except its brown not blue also i control the brown one
    instead of the blue one

Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Edit: I saved here and reset the game and this happened notice this one has the same character twice i moved around with the bottom one which was brown but when i got into a wild battle it changed to blue

I patched over the first one with the second one so that may be causing the problems but since I have to start all over anyways I will check if these bugs still happen

Okay, I'll go have a look at all of those things. Thanks for the finds.

alo123 said:

Fixed. It was a script on which I forgot the unknown 0300 and var 4050.

alo123 said:

I've never had this happen to me. I played through and used that PokeCenter a lot, and I can't find anything in the script. So... Just patch to another clean ROM and hope for the best.

alo123 said:

Yeah, I don't know why that happened. I fixed it though.

alo123 said:

Sorry, I missed a movement permission. It has been fixed.

alo123 said:

Oh dang, I forgot to edit the item... Fixed.

alo123 said:

I didn't put in the correct person ID on that tree. Fixed.

alo123 said:
    instead of the blue one

I haven't the foggiest idea why that happens. I just deleted that person event, so it won't happen again.

alo123 said:

That might be the cause of some things...

alo123 said:

I'm sorry about that, but... You shouldn't get "stuck" anywhere. After you defeat the Muk, go see the director, then head on to Caldera Town. Then it ends.

Anyway, thanks for playing, and thanks for pointing those things out for me.

Edit: All of those bugs have been fixed, and the game has been rereleased. If you downloaded the old one, please download the new one.
    Oh, and I know that the Storage Key says it's used on the Abandoned Ship. Please bear with me and ignore it for now.

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    ok I download the new one and all the bugs are fixed except the pokemon center in hydroplis its still bugy and i patched it to like three different fire red roms I guess i just wont use that pokemon center

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    ok I download the new one and all the bugs are fixed except the pokemon center in hydroplis its still bugy and i patched it to like three different fire red roms I guess i just wont use that pokemon center

Hmm, I'm really sorry about that...
    Hey, after you do the Hydropolis stuff and head back south, let me know if the Rumblerock PokeCenter works right. It might have something to do with flags or something similar...

Maybe you should Beta Test whenever I get a Beta. ;)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    The Rumblerock PokeCenter works and I checked the Hydroplis PokeCenter again and it works now

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I have enjoyed the game its great I am anticipating more updates
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Not a major bug just messed up words its the same problem in all three just different places

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I have enjoyed the game its great I am anticipating more updates
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Not a major bug just messed up words its the same problem in all three just different places

Those just don't have scripts... The top two were supposed to get deleted...
    Okay, well for a final time thanks. I'll stop taking up post room now.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Question:does feebas evolve and how does it evolve

Also for some reason the Hydropoils PokeCenter bug is happening again dont know why
    I guess its not much of a problem i will just go to RumbleRock PokeCenter

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Question:does feebas evolve and how does it evolve

Also for some reason the Hydropoils PokeCenter bug is happening again dont know why
    I guess its not much of a problem i will just go to RumbleRock PokeCenter

Feebas will evolve with Water Stone in the next release. I didn't bother changing it yet because you can't get a Water Stone.

I really can't do anything about that bug in the PokeCenter, sorry. I'll take another look at it though.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx

You can walk right through this sign
    also when you press the rock for rock smash it freezes your game but i am
    sure its just because you have not put the rock smash script

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Its been a while since the last update. Hope progress
    is going well cant wait to see the next release.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Hi Curt. I see that you're progressing fast in the Hack.
    Are there any updates for you to show us?

Uummm...
    No. I haven't made much progress in the last month. I've been so busy that I rarely get to sit down at the computer for any period of time long enough to do anything significant.

Do you think I should try a ROM base?
    I would kind of like to start it again with some help this time. I could get a good titlescreen, some new tiles and pallets, and clean up all of the little bugs and loose ends.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Do you think I should try a ROM base?
    I would kind of like to start it again with some help this time. I could get a good titlescreen, some new tiles and pallets, and clean up all of the little bugs and loose ends.

No, you shouldn't get a Rombase because it's fine.
    But you have to get a titlescreen because it will make the Hack cooler.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    No, you shouldn't get a Rombase because it's fine.
    But you have to get a titlescreen because it will make the Hack cooler.

Alright, it just seems that flashy new tiles grab attention. I would like a change in the normal grass tiles. I'll be fixing the wild grass animation at some point as well.
    I can get the text and picture on the titlescreen, but for some reason my Onix uses the wrong palette. It shows up in all of the blues and yellows (and purple?!?! o.O) of the Pokemon Logo.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Alright, it just seems that flashy new tiles grab attention. I would like a change in the normal grass tiles. I'll be fixing the wild grass animation at some point as well.
    I can get the text and picture on the titlescreen, but for some reason my Onix uses the wrong palette. It shows up in all of the blues and yellows (and purple?!?! o.O) of the Pokemon Logo.

Hmm... I think you oughta ask a Titlescreen Maker to fix this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back