• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Demon Island

Since this rom hack is kind of short and i'm having trouble what will this new big area from the fin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaimyoHermit

G Rank
Years

• (THIS HACK IS ON HIATUS)

POKEMON DEMON ISLAND

Story

You have been mysteriously sent to a dangerous island filled with hungry flesh-eating Pokémon that are about to eat you up instantly. You have no clue where you are and what happened in this place. The island is infested with monsters, an attacking cult, demonic beings, everything in this island is just very chaotic. And it is your only choice to survive and escape this mysterious and depressing place.

New Evolution System

"MAKABRE" an extra evolution from some certain Pokémon. The Pokémon has lived on the island for so long shrouding them in darkness and never return to their normal selves. Most of things that changed are Power, Wisdom and their Type.

-Increased stats
    -Changed types
    -Changed appearance
    -New abilities
    -New movesets

List of the following Pokemon that will evolve:
    Spoiler:

Other fakemons:
    Spoiler:

Features

-Physical/Special Split
    -All trainers are changed to Shadows according to their own Tier
    -Increased Difficulty
    -New and Changed Pokémon species
    -New Evil Team
    -Sinned Seven as the Elite Four
    -New Powerful Legendary Pokémon
    -Depressing atmosphere
    -Dark storyline
    -Shadow Legendaries except deoxys

Screenshots

Pokemon: Demon Island

Download

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ifytbrcmvw2zalw/Pokemon+-+Demon+Island.rar/file

Rom Base

Pokemon Fire Red v1.0

Bugs
    Spoiler:

Update Log:
    Spoiler:

Upcoming Updates:
    Spoiler:

Tools:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I downloaded this hack earlier, and I gotta say- This hack is hard for sure. Save often folks, you're gonna need to.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • OK, so I've gotten as far as I could into this hack (it crashed on me and I was tired of reloading my saves at that point).

I do believe this hack has some potential. However, my biggest issue was the fact that some of the early fights were kinda tough given the starter selection. And how little EXP was given despite fighting every battle and wild enemy along the way.

Second issue, although this one's a personal issue of mine- I HATE double battles. They just irritate me.

Ways that I feel this hack could improve-
    1. Polishing up the text to catch any possible spelling/grammar mistakes
    2. Better variety with starters
    3. Better variety with what you can catch
    4. Infinite Use TMs
    5. Expanded/Custom moves up to Crown Tundra maybe.
    6. Physical/Special split

There's more that could be done, but overall, I think this was a pretty decent ROM hack. 6/10 from me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    This hack is definitely interesting, Though It feels like the first attempt at a ROM hack which is fine, it definitely shows from a gameplay perspective. I like the idea of choosing starters that are weaker stat-wise. Though the selection is odd and could be tweaked to fine-tune the difficulty, I would also recommend using the ROM base that Radical Red uses unless you just want a GEN 3 experience. If not upgrading the ROM base then at least including Phys/Spec split would be nice or at least balance around Gen 3 split like Emerald Kaizo would be nice. And please rebalance the level curve or playtest it yourself and see if you have fun. At first, it was annoying but when I encountered the level 20 Pidgeotto outside Pewter when my strongest was 14 I had it and used a rare candy code but then I encountered a level 24 arbok, It's fine if you want the levels to be this way but you have to allow players to at least to be within 3 levels below or include catch variety. I don't feel confident continuing when the loop will probably be ,fight high level enemy, die, candy up, win and then repeat two fights later or grind for hours which isn't fun. Overall a 4/10 but can be improved

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    I just saw a bug when you run out of Viridian City and run back in. In the spot of the pokeball there is now a swimmer.

Attachments

• Pokemon: Demon Island
      Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 6.15.23 PM.png
      58.3 KB · Views: 23

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I just saw a bug when you run out of Viridian City and run back in. In the spot of the pokeball there is now a swimmer.

I've seen that happen even when the Pokeball was picked up. Talking to it will crash the game.
    EDIT- I downloaded the hack again, and found out that Swellow, for whatever reason, will freeze my game when I send it into battles. It does the Pokeball toss animation, but then just freezes up.

Last edited:

DaimyoHermit

G Rank
    Years
  • EDIT- I downloaded the hack again, and found out that Swellow, for whatever reason, will freeze my game when I send it into battles. It does the Pokeball toss animation, but then just freezes up.

Seems like a complicated glitch i have to fix. Nothing's wrong with swellow's data as i checked it on a hex editor and a Pokemon editor since i don't want to edit all of the Pokemon's data. Can you cite where did you get that Swellow? Did you evolve it from a taillow? What did you do before you got that Swellow? Did the glitch happen on Wild Battle or Trainer Battle?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Seems like a complicated glitch i have to fix. Nothing's wrong with swellow's data as i checked it on a hex editor and a Pokemon editor since i don't want to edit all of the Pokemon's data. Can you cite where did you get that Swellow? Did you evolve it from a taillow? What did you do before you got that Swellow? Did the glitch happen on Wild Battle or Trainer Battle?

I caught the Taillow around Route 1, used a Gameshark code to give it 5K EXP after each fight (seriously, I cant stand the slow grind of early game) and it evolved just fine (though it was at Lvl 23 when it evolved due to the 5K). Once it was a Swellow, I took it into another wild Pokemon Battle and right as the player tossed the Pokeball out, the game just froze. I restarted my emulator, made sure all the GS Codes were disabled and tried another wild battle. Same results. I took the Swellow into the first fight against the Pokecenter guy, Swellow sent out, game froze again.

DaimyoHermit

G Rank
    Years
  • I caught the Taillow around Route 1, used a Gameshark code to give it 5K EXP after each fight (seriously, I cant stand the slow grind of early game) and it evolved just fine (though it was at Lvl 23 when it evolved due to the 5K). Once it was a Swellow, I took it into another wild Pokemon Battle and right as the player tossed the Pokeball out, the game just froze. I restarted my emulator, made sure all the GS Codes were disabled and tried another wild battle. Same results. I took the Swellow into the first fight against the Pokecenter guy, Swellow sent out, game froze again.

All I could think of is the 5k exp cheat code that caused this since cheat codes can cause glitches (you should have used rare candies, Idk about that cheat and I never tried it). Next update will be fixing the broken difficulty that can burn out many players (even me on my gameplay)or just adding physical/special split and will probably fix everything and also (IMPORTANT)get another tailow. The update will be released later.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I do have a patch for the P/S Split for now. As for the EXP code, it didnt freeze the game with any other Pokemon. I didnt want to use Rare Candies cause I cant get most GS codes to work anymore. And I dont think it was the code since I restarted my Emulator without the codes and Swellow still froze the game.
    I'm gonna try out the new update and see what else I can do.

DaimyoHermit

G Rank
    Years
  • I do have a patch for the P/S Split for now. As for the EXP code, it didnt freeze the game with any other Pokemon. I didnt want to use Rare Candies cause I cant get most GS codes to work anymore. And I dont think it was the code since I restarted my Emulator without the codes and Swellow still froze the game.
    I'm gonna try out the new update and see what else I can do.

Swellow seems to work fine on me so it might be the cheat code or an evolution glitch. Try getting another Taillow then level it up to Swellow to see if it's an evolution glitch.

As well as the 5k EXP Cheat (Gameshark Code) i got from :https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/918915-pokemon-firered-version/65367775
    It might be the cheat code you have chosen.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years

• This is where I got my EXP code from- https://www.inversegamer.com/pokemon-firered-cheats-codes-and-hints/
    Either way, it's gonna take me awhile to get my team together. In fact, I'm considering finding a way to trade them from your hack into my save of Radical Red so I can max out the EVs and IVs, get the right nature, and then send them back over.

EDIT- So I wanted to see if the issue with Swellow was more about Hoenn Pokemon in general. So I grabbed up a Shuppet and a Ralts, and trained them up to evolve with the EXP code. Neither of them froze the game with or without the EXP code enabled. So it has something to do with Swellow specifically.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Since this ROM hack doesnt really focus on having Gym Battles, I would like to see some fun/useful optional things within the Gyms since Pewter had that Moon Stone. Like, maybe a really scared human trainer hid in Vermillion's gym and gets mad and attacks you for solving the trash can puzzle. And if you beat them, they offer a useful item or something.

Back