• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! Discussion

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    *NOTE*: This is NOT about the Diamond and Pearl chapter of Pokemon Adventures/Special. This is about another manga written by Shigekatsu Ihara.

(also, sorry if this is not allowed mods)
    Anyway.
    The story is about Hareta, a boy who has lived with pokemon his whole life and has the ability to understand the voices of Pokemon. He is asked by Professor Rowan to fill the Pokedex and find the Legendary Pokemon, Dialga. Hareta, along with the Professor's assistant Mitsumi and a wandering trainer named Jun being their journeys. Although, they are not the only ones looking for Dialga. A nefarious team named Team Galactic and it's leader, Cyrus, also has their eye on Dialga.

^
    Yeah, this sounds like a book summary from a store or something....

Anyway, what makes this manga so interesting is the focus put on Team Galactic. Unlike other mangas (excluding some arcs in Pokemon Special), alot of focus is put on Team Galactic's humanistic side. It makes you sympathize with them, which is rare in Pokemon, where the bad guys are just bad guys. Hareta seems to induce this type of sympathy alot, because of his belief that anyone is/can become a friend.

Another interesting thing about this manga is how fast it goes from being funny (usually due to Hareta) into being serious.
    I highly recommend this manga.

What do you guys think about it?

*another NOTE* since this manga is completed (all 8 Volumes are available in English), no spoiler tags are necessary.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    This was a good series. I haven't read all of them yet but I read most of it. The design threw me off a bit since I'm so use to the Pokemon special Manga but I got use to it later on. Mitsumei was really interesting character. I wasn't a huge fan of Hareta though for some reason.

chamo-chan

Years
    I found both Cyrus' and Mitsumi's character development heartwarming.
    Hareta is adorable too.
    It's partly because of him that both Mitsumi and Cyrus changed so much.
    Especially Mitsumi. She cried at the realization that her Pokemon and her friends will always be there for her and that she is not alone.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    Haha, Hareta reminds me of Sapphire, with the "Wild Child" thing going on. He's such a sweet kid, seriously. I also like how the series is able to balance drama and comedy.

And I love Cyrus in the manga. Proves that not all villains are beyond redemption. Considering that in Platinum it's been stated he had a sucky childhood.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I've only read up to Volume 6, so I still need to find the last one at the library. I guess it's alright, but I definately prefer Adventures.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I've just discovered this manga very recently. (Like, this morning. xDD) Does anyone know where I can read it?

Reiyu

Ghost Trainer
    Years
    I thought it was funny i have to read it over again and catch up but its very different than the Red-Emerald Arcs

chamo-chan

Years
    ^ Erm.
    Like i said, this is NOT Part of Pokemon Adventures/Special. It's a different manga written by a different Mangaka.

@ Neiko: All 8 books can be found in bookstores! (I don't know of any internet places though. :/ *shrug*)

^ Erm.
    Like i said, this is NOT Part of Pokemon Adventures/Special. It's a different manga written by a different Mangaka.

@ Neiko: All 8 books can be found in bookstores! (I don't know of any internet places though. :/ *shrug*)

On that note, are there any shippings in this series that you like?

mine is Jun/Mitsumi.

Last edited:
    Back