• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Diamond & Pearl on eBay, any chance of any being fake?

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
Years
  • If this isn't the right place to post it, could a mod move it please?

I've searched around on the forum, and not found anything to answer my question.

I'm going to be buying Pokemon Diamond via eBay, seeing as it isn't released in the UK yet, but as the previous Pokemon games had some bad pirate copies with screwed up languages and stuff, should I be careful on which product I am buying?

Some of the copies on eBay appear to have non-holographic covers when I am aware that it is suppsoed to have a hologrpahic cover.

If anyone could help me on how to spot which one is genuine, I'd appreciate it!

Note. I'm not talking about that old fake Pokemon Diamond and Jade game!

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • I would advise you not to buy them of eBay, people could easily tranfer a rom to a flashcart, get the boxart and print it onto a box and sell it you deciving you into it being real, it's best just to wait for the real thing to come out. Even if it is gonna be ages for us people in the UK (I am from the UK too). So yeah, just wait really. Or go to an import shop or something, or a site that sells imports. That way you can be more sure it's genuine.

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
  • I would advise you not to buy them of eBay, people could easily tranfer a rom to a flashcart, get the boxart and print it onto a box and sell it you deciving you into it being real, it's best just to wait for the real thing to come out. Even if it is gonna be ages for us people in the UK (I am from the UK too). So yeah, just wait really. Or go to an import shop or something, or a site that sells imports. That way you can be more sure it's genuine.

Nah, I won't be satisfied with the UK versions, as all my Advance games are US versions; I won't be able to use Pal Park :(

YesAsia ships worldwide and some people already used it so it should be fine.

https://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-c/version-all/section-games/did-5/pid-1004622207/

Thank god for that! They even use PayPal, and thats why I was originally going to use eBay cos I just put some money in my PayPal account.

Looks like I'll be ordering the US version from here then!
    Thank you very much :D

Mods can close this topic now if they want to!

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    I bought my Diamond and Pearl games on eBay and they were perfect, properly packaged and just like they would be had I bought them from Amazon.

Just make sure you're buying from a trusted seller; check the feedback from previous buyers. Also, there are quite a lot of eBay stores that are selling those games, you can be confident when buying from those.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    Use amazon.com! they never fail, no matter what your ordering. They are also guaranteed as well. The only thing is the shipping is a real pain in the neck.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    They should. If not, try this
    What! I cant post a link? so lame...

Ok go to google.com and search for uk amazon.com

It should be the first or second link you find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
  • They should. If not, try this
    What! I cant post a link? so lame...

Ok go to google.com and search for uk amazon.com

It should be the first or second link you find.

The ones on these are preorders, besides I've already found YesAsia.com, thanks to Virtual Headache.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Nah, I won't be satisfied with the UK versions, as all my Advance games are US versions; I won't be able to use Pal Park :(

Thank god for that! They even use PayPal, and thats why I was originally going to use eBay cos I just put some money in my PayPal account.

Looks like I'll be ordering the US version from here then!
    Thank you very much :D

Mods can close this topic now if they want to!
    Ah, but the thing is, if you have a Wii and you plan on getting Battle Revolution, you're games won't work with it. Because the Wii is Region Locked, so you can't import games for it. Unless you have an American Wii ofcourse.

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
  • Ah, but the thing is, if you have a Wii and you plan on getting Battle Revolution, you're games won't work with it. Because the Wii is Region Locked, so you can't import games for it. Unless you have an American Wii ofcourse.

Ah, well; I'll have to buy the UK version of Pearl when it comes out. Until then, US Diamond all the way :D

Back