• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon diamond reflection the return

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
    ::. Introduction
    Well,since Krypton-knight handed over the project to me and SkySlayer. He said that we can change whatever we want in it.I guess I made good use of that advice

::. Story
    Well I have changed the story completely.It is no longer gonna be a Dp premake/remake(the name will still remain as it was originally his game,and changing the name wouldnt be right).

I will give you'll a brief part of the story.It will be just the basic storyline.

Lance has turned evil.He and his Team Dragoneons want to cause a havoc and unleash the ultimate power of dragons so that he can conquer the god of dragons.He goes to awaken Raquaza:the God of Dragons(dont flame me,I know you'll have differing opinions).Well he unleashes him and now raquaza is on a verge of destroying the earth.The only way to stop him is by calling Arceus.But does he want to help.....

Hope that keeps you'll interested till now.I'll keep updating often.

::. Features
    -Day/Night/Dusk/Dawn
    -POKeSAV-Its a device I made that shows you your current location(including routes) and the fleeing legendaries location(if you've unleashed that legendary ,or beaten the elite 4).It will also show you the ingame time if you choose so.
    -CBS made up of DBS-Refer to old thread

Many more but I prefer keeping them secret.You will find out when you play the game

::. Screenshots
    Always awaited for

::. Team
    Main Tiler = Me
    Main event manager/coder = SkySlayer
    Main......for rather everything! = Krypton-knight

If anyone wants to help they can post here in the following format
    Name:
    Skill:
    Proof Of work:
    Past Experience(leave if you havent made any games before)
    Official webpage(if you have one ,that is...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    All I can say is that the mapping and sprites looked rushed, and you didn't even use proper grammer. (Ever heard of the fact that your is also spelled you're?) Still, it lookes like it can be fixed (except those trees, they need to be scrapped...)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Sorry for this critic but this game doesn't looks good. The mapping, spriting, ect needs some major corrections.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    hey i was working on an evnt based cbs for the original version of the game, do you still want it or will you go with the dbs mod?

Last edited:

skyslayer

Banned
    Years
    UPDATE!!!

hey i was working on an evnt based cbs for the original version of the game, do you still want it or will you go with the dbs mod?

No,no! I would love a CBS and so would john lycett.However the first demo is almost complete and you cant have a demo without battles right ;).This is only temporary

By the way sorry I didnt update for so long,I was busy and I guess I forgot about this thread :P
    My internet is slow to the bone,photobucket STILL hasnt loaded(PS:I have waited 15 minutes)

I also decided to make the temporary battle system like the one of pokemon illusion(thats easy and the best option for something temporary)

So thats how it is.It'll give you the same fun as pokemon so dont worry

And I changed the trees a bit,since some people hated the old ones

EDIT:I figured the top ends of the trees were a bit glitched up so I fixed them.Credit johnlycett for the trees

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Shouldn't there be normal screen tone inside the houses? I mean, light and such...

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2007
    Hahahaha, was TetraDome City perhaps inspired by the Telstra Dome? Anyway, towns look good, not to sure about the battle scenes though.

skyslayer

Banned
    Years
    Hahahaha, was TetraDome City perhaps inspired by the Telstra Dome? Anyway, towns look good, not to sure about the battle scenes though.

Like I said ,this is only temporary.Once shadow pingu finished the battle system we will be using that.Anyway once you get used to it,it will give the same type of fun like pokemon.But mind you!wild pokemon are gonna be strong!The good old days of killing wind pokemon is 1 turn is over.And after you beat the league and have some Lv100 pokemon you cant go about thwarting trainers,all their pokemon get leveled up to about Lv85

BTW,how did you know I took TetraDome from Telstra dome,lol

Thanks for the comments on the towns though,
    I'll post some more screenies when I have time

Thanks,
    SkySlayer

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    ok i'll be able to work on the cbs next week when I get back on windows

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    This game needs some work, but you have got a good start, and what program are you making this with? If you're using RMXP, I may be able to help.

skyslayer

Banned
    Years
    This game needs some work, but you have got a good start, and what program are you making this with? If you're using RMXP, I may be able to help.

no offense to anyone,I have no problems with criticism but one question: work? What work,people are telling me that this game needs some work,but what kind of work?

Anyway I am making this using rm2k3.

Your maps seem to be a litttle to big.

What? Which map,I'll fix it right away.

Anyway the old message boxes didnt really stick out so I made new ones.
    The inside is transparent but the outside border is opaque

I also got a couple of overworlds for my game.
    This is just a test for my overworlds.The location is not this place

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    I'll answer what needs work
    (Warning: They seem rude, offending and head bangable, please, please don't take it on the heart for my words are though rude, I am not trying to be.)

I am serious here, improve your grammar, please, have a space after punctuations, it seems so difficult to read what you say, and if you are doing the same in the game, then barely anyone is gonna play it.
    (This needs improvement, because after seeing the way you don't space out what you say, I thought you are noobish.)

Another thing to improve in grammar, all names have the first letter capital thus P, D, R, (T), R must be capital (T is optional, but better if you do) in the name.
    (This is another thing that makes me think this is noobish. But I guess you can't change it now.)

Now to the game dev related part.

Spice up the story and it is no excuse that you don't want to reveal it if there is nothing too good, which I don't think is. Saying to have something good untold is not an excuse, even if it is, it doesn't mean that you make it so flat.

(Optional) Nothing too special about your features, have something that is original.

Your tilesets are (I can only think of rude words, sorry) attrocious! Why the h*** did you think of mixing 2 styles? especially if they are 3D and 2D, either think of making a game with R/S/E/Fr/Lg graphics or one with D/P graphics, don't mix them, and if you are going to use the D/P graphics for all, then you really need to work on the trees, they look like they were dipped in nuclear waste.

And I hate your speech bubbles, to much translucency.

And I am very sorry if I hurt you or anything, but it is true you need to work and thats what I wanted to convey, don't take them to your heart, take it as an inspiration to having the need of working more.

skyslayer

Banned
    Years
    I'll answer what needs work
    (Warning: They seem rude, offending and head bangable, please, please don't take it on the heart for my words are though rude, I am not trying to be.)

I am serious here, improve your grammar, please, have a space after punctuations, it seems so difficult to read what you say, and if you are doing the same in the game, then barely anyone is gonna play it.
    (This needs improvement, because after seeing the way you don't space out what you say, I thought you are noobish.)

Another thing to improve in grammar, all names have the first letter capital thus P, D, R, (T), R must be capital (T is optional, but better if you do) in the name.
    (This is another thing that makes me think this is noobish. But I guess you can't change it now.)

Now to the game dev related part.

Spice up the story and it is no excuse that you don't want to reveal it if there is nothing too good, which I don't think is. Saying to have something good untold is not an excuse, even if it is, it doesn't mean that you make it so flat.

(Optional) Nothing too special about your features, have something that is original.

Your tilesets are (I can only think of rude words, sorry) attrocious! Why the h*** did you think of mixing 2 styles? especially if they are 3D and 2D, either think of making a game with R/S/E/Fr/Lg graphics or one with D/P graphics, don't mix them, and if you are going to use the D/P graphics for all, then you really need to work on the trees, they look like they were dipped in nuclear waste.

And I hate your speech bubbles, to much translucency.

And I am very sorry if I hurt you or anything, but it is true you need to work and thats what I wanted to convey, don't take them to your heart, take it as an inspiration to having the need of working more.

Grammar mistakes? If your talking about the first post ,then that wasn't me.Second of...I'd like to say..thanks.I can fix the things that you have said ,and yes , I still wont give out my actual storyline to anyone(sorry if that's disappointing) .And as for the DP graphics I have even given up on the trees(refer to my earlier post or the one before that.The only thing that remains is the house, which in fact ,is the only one ,all others are normal R/S/E/FR/LG houses.

Oh,and I added hp bars to the battle system(since I recently ported this over to rm2k3 instead of rm2k).It want tough at all

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    It looks good for the most part, sure some things arent the best, but it certainly has potential. Keep it up my friend, and this could become quite good.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007

I also got a couple of overworlds for my game.

Oh my god! You stole my House for my game! You aren't aloud to do this. It doesn't mean that I use it anymore that you can take it. D: -reports-

Last edited:

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    Not to put it that way but it indeed looks ugly, those fonts don't suit the game, the bars are to small and have eye-burning colours, sprites of the trainers have odly been resized, and that grunt looks ugly in pee coloured clothes.
    Not to forget to put the status away from the dailogue box, better if you make a replica of the real battle system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back