• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Diamond Team Ideas

HawksFan97

I'm Still Alive!
    Years
    Hello! I have been playing Platinum for forever, and decided to jump back 2 years, and play Diamond for the first time (yes, i haven't touched Diamond since i got it back at PAX East 2015 and since i got Platinum the following week). I'm hoping that the following team will satisfy with you all, and maybe some can provide feedback and other tips/tricks to help me make this team beat the living crap outta Cynthia:

Empoleon: Level 64 (Water/Steel)
    Ability: Torrent

Hydro Pump
    Flash Cannon
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Hippowdon: Level 63 (Ground)
    Ability: Sand Stream

Earthquake
    Double-Edge
    Crunch
    Take Down

Garchomp: Level 65 (Dragon/Ground)
    Ability: Sand Veil

Dragon Rush
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Giga Impact

Staraptor: Level 65 (Normal/Flying)
    Ability: Intimidate

Close Combat
    Brave Bird
    Fly
    Double Team

Gastrodon: Level 64 (Water/Ground)
    Ability: Storm Drain

Muddy Water
    Stone Edge
    Sludge Bomb
    Rock Slide

Weavile: Level 67 (Ice/Dark)
    Ability: Keen Eye/Inner Focus

Dark Pulse
    X-Scissor
    Ice Beam
    Focus Blast

What do you think of this, and what would you suggest i change?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    These are completely personal preferences. Cynthia is pretty diverse in terms of her team, so using things that wall her or can hit very hard for super effective will help greatly.

Empoleon: I'd get rid of Hydro Pump since you have Surf, and teach it Grass Knot. This will help you wall her Milotic while being able to hit back.
    Hippowdon: I'm not a fan of recoil moves, but the case may be different for you. I'd get rid of Double-Edge and put on Toxic.
    Garchomp: Pretty typical here, don't see any issues.
    Staraptor: Same as above.
    Gastrodon: I'd go for Surf over Muddy Water for accuracy alone. Toxic is also a good option. Though you'd have to choose over Rock Slide and Stone Edge (ability to flinch or raw power). Recover is also an option to help stall if you absolutely need to.
    Weavile: Night Slash is a must I feel. Weavile is a Physical Attacker and it's current moveset isn't taking advantage of that. Try and give it more Physical Moves to take advantage of it's high attack stat.

HawksFan97

I'm Still Alive!
    Years
    These are completely personal preferences. Cynthia is pretty diverse in terms of her team, so using things that wall her or can hit very hard for super effective will help greatly.

Empoleon: I'd get rid of Hydro Pump since you have Surf, and teach it Grass Knot. This will help you wall her Milotic while being able to hit back.
    Hippowdon: I'm not a fan of recoil moves, but the case may be different for you. I'd get rid of Double-Edge and put on Toxic.
    Garchomp: Pretty typical here, don't see any issues.
    Staraptor: Same as above.
    Gastrodon: I'd go for Surf over Muddy Water for accuracy alone. Toxic is also a good option. Though you'd have to choose over Rock Slide and Stone Edge (ability to flinch or raw power). Recover is also an option to help stall if you absolutely need to.
    Weavile: Night Slash is a must I feel. Weavile is a Physical Attacker and it's current moveset isn't taking advantage of that. Try and give it more Physical Moves to take advantage of it's high attack stat.

I'll keep these notes in mind while i play Diamond. Thanks

Anyone else with tips is more then welcome to share them!

Last edited:
    Back