• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Like the new screens, Neo-Dragon. Have a nice time in Australia, mate.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Thank you everyone for the positive comments.
    I am back from my month trip to Australia and I'm back working on my game.
    I've spent the last couple of days adding in some files and re-coding the main menu.
    DarkPegasus has submitted some great work of his to this game, and has kindly revamped the look of the menu and has given me a battlebackground :)

Here are 2 screenshots showing the menu and the background.

Please leave some comments and feedback....

P.S: I'm still looking for any art work or graphics people would like to submit to the game, so don't shy to PM with any. I'm also looking with help on the game in terms of scripts (not coding, but what the NPCs say and so forth) as I'm looking to start coding the main story sometime next week.....

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    Ah, you're back, awesome! *re-adds Calis Projects forums to daily visits* The project still going strong, keep up the good work!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been rather busy over the last week. With what time I have had to work on Digital Network, I have mainly been fine- tuning some systems. I have mayjor problems with the run system (but thats always the way with any run system with RPG Maker 2003). I still havn't done anything in terms of story as I havn't gotten around to doing "futuristic" inside tilesets to suit the game.
    But at the moment, I'm using what I have done so far, and making sure there are no bugs.
    I'm putting most of my effort into the battle system at the moment. Fixing the item system (since in battle, you can hold only 4 items).
    EXAMPLE :

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Remy made those tilesets..... He only gives out his work to certain projects, and when one of the games that he gave his graphics to fell through, he gave me the green light to use them....
    That reminds me, I have to get that tile sheet off him since I don't have it anymore when I deleted the folder it was it.....

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    Add me to any of the messengers other than ICQ and I could send you the most recent one I have..He usually sends them to me.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    By scripts, do you mean scripts coding?

I'm making the game in RPG Maker 2k3, there are no scripts like those of RMXP or anything.... everything in the game was coded by me through the commands.

Back