• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I;ve started a new project, Pokemon Digital Network.
It's pokemon with a twist.
A mix between megaman and digimon- as such...

Some info:
Pokemon are digital/virtual.
Trainers now carry with them a "E.P.D" or Electronic Pokemon Device- which store their pokemon data.
It's set in the future.
The game will feature a CBS/Custom battle system. - A CMS/Custom Menu system, and alot more.
So far those 2 features, and a running system are in the game.
I've got some screens.
pokemondigitalnetworkscreen18w.png

As you can see from the above screen. Hiro/Gold will be the male hero in this game.

whatthemenulookslike4zk.png

The menu system (as of the 11th of march)
levelingsystem16dj.png

A Custom Battle screen.
This is what the battles look like now. (from May 19th)

cavescreenshot3fr.png

screen48tm.png

BTW, just to let you all know, I HAVE NOT STOPED WORKING ON POKEMON SILK!!!
Both games (Silk, and Digital Network) will be made at the same time.

Oh and this game is being made with RPG MAKER 2003.

Comments please.

Last edited:

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
As I said on your forums, Neo_Dragon, awesome.... Hope you keep up the amount of progress on Silk as you do on Pokemon: Digital Network! ( Did I give you the name...Pokemon: Network?)

~Jeff

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I hope you've got enough enthusiasm and commitment two make to games at the same time.

The screens look good and I like the idea. However, I see 3 problems with the screens:
The color combination on the menu isn't very attractive, the menu itself looks great but the colors kinda distract away from that.
The area of grass on the battle system looks odd on the blue backround. You should try to make your own that blends better. Again the battle system looks good, just with one graphical problem.
You should get the font patch to fix that crappy font.

Other than that, the screens look great and it looks like an interesting game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
thanks for the comments Phoenix, I will work on those problems now.
I do feel committed to work on both games, so lets home it lasts.
Also, which colors would you like to see in the menu?
EDIT: this is what the battles look like now.
battlescreen0ak.png

This is what the battles look like now.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I think it'd be best to use light colors and soft tones to put the focus on the words and images. Just experiment about and you'll find a nice looking color combo that you like.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ok, thanks Phoenix, I'll get right on it.
Also, I've recoloured the "fight" bar/menu in the battle, its now the same shade of red as the section at the top.

EDIT::::::
This is what the menu looks like now
menunow5uw.png

EDIT:::2
Also, if you look at the last option in the menu, you'll see one of the features I have planned.

Last edited:

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Awesome! That looks sweet! Keep up the good work on this new game! You've got a good start!

~Jeff

Rhykasho

CRY SOME MORE!
Years
Neo-Dragon said:
Ok, thanks Phoenix, I'll get right on it.
Also, I've recoloured the "fight" bar/menu in the battle, its now the same shade of red as the section at the top.

EDIT::::::
This is what the menu looks like now
menunow5uw.png

EDIT:::2
Also, if you look at the last option in the menu, you'll see one of the features I have planned.

Its looking great Neo-Dragon, cant wait to play it!!!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I've now finsihed coding the basics for the CBS (custom battle system) .
The battle system is a bit more advanced then Pokemon Silks', the hero's attacks can do different ammounts of damage, and miss attacks, as well as hit criticals. The enemy pokemon can also do the same.

Oh, I've got some more screens to shwo you all too...
the first is just of a battle.
(the battle screens are always against eevee because he was the first pokemon I done the test coding with)..
battlescrenn25do.png

Heres 2 screens of Route 201.
route202screen8cm.png

route202screen29gv.png

comment please :)

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Holy cow!!! That's amazing! :o

Everything is great except the font. Keep up the good and great work (lol)!

Years
I like your idea.. I had a similar one once but scratched it.. Good battle sys, but I don't like the colour choice for the background.. Red and blue seem a bit plain.
Maybe you could add some trees for a background.. You could use some of these images:

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Great start on the game Neo-Dragon! I hope that you don't get too stressed from making 2 games though. Well, good luck! BTW, nice menu.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
Great Game!!!
Nice menu and battle system!!!
Could you show us more screenshot? ;) :) :P

Years
look's great, but the towns don't look much futuristic :/
and it would be good to battle and trade with NPCs by the Internet :D

i actually would like to help, but I don't thing that I be eable to help with anything :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks everyone for commenting so far. Just to let you know in this thread, I'm still working on Pokemon Silk, its just the updates are minor (like adding in more Dialoge) So i didn't update the thread.

Well anyway, back on to this game.
Here are some more screens of the game.
Again- screens of a town in the Grashen Region...
These are of Kilka Town...
screen4019eq.png

screen4028zj.png

EDIT::: Heres what the Custom battles look like now.
A little improvment
currentbattlescreen3eb.png

('ill also edit this into the first post)

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
The battle system looks a lot better! The buildings in Kilka Town look a bit...odd though, something about them just doesn't look right.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
To maximo: I was thinking of something like that, but instead of attacks, it was like power-ups for them. Yesterday, when i was working on the battle system, I originaly(sp?) done a "Hit system" - were, when u selected the attack, you had to press enter as fast as you can. The higher number of times you pressed it, the stronger the attack, and if you hit it a small ammount of times, you'd miss the attack. But Today, when I was working on it, I scraped the idea, as after about the 4th time it came around to chosing attacks, it would go straight into using tackle(and requireing you to hit the enter key again). I couldn't figure out why it done it on the 4th attack, so i scraped it....

To was watching TV
Phoenix: the mapping is a bit crazy, i feel the same way(its the buildings, they feel like they are to clutered together) - but I feel it works well for the game when playing it. It adds to the futuristic feel, as such, with the idea that all the towns are being populated to the maxium... that is a feel I'd like to get across to the player when he/she plays the game. There are lots of things like that to do in the game, but i don't want to say what they are yet (since they aint coded, they are just on my notepad :P ) .

BTW, the menu has been recolored/slightly edited, but i'll post a screen tomorrow (i'm going to bed now, I've got school in the morning lol) - so don't make me double post... lol..

Years
the town looks better, but don't you think about making the town even MORE futuristic? cuz it actually don't look much like the future...

Back