• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen pokemon DP SCREENSHOTS (revealed)

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
  • Sweet Pics. Has anyone noticed by now that Japanese characters love their scarves?

EDIT: And they're determined not to reveal any more pokes than we've already seen :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    I think the game look's real good, i mean seriously it 3D or 2D i dont think that the creators is going to branch that far off from the genuine game play just because the graphics are better, im getting it either way simply because new region and new pokemon the feeling when G & S or R & S when they came out was far better then LG or FR i dont think any pokemon fan will be disapointed but these are just my opinions

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I'd really like to have these screenshots in digital form. Generally it seems we get the magazine scans and a week or so later we get digital copies (which means perfect, unfuzzy, and unmarked versions taken directly on the computer) so they can be used for tile ripping and the like.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Matt Silver said:
    I just wonder if the people in overworld can move diagonally.

Hmm, If movement takes place on the bottom screen, I bet you can use your stylus to move in any direction! Similar to Mario 64 DS.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    i think these screenshots of pokemon pearl and diamond are fake, because why would game freak waste 2 years making these games and all they do is make the games same as the 3rd generation games. they have the same 2d world and the same 2d graphics as the 3rd generation games. it just took game freak 5 months to make pokemon fire red and leaft green and it takes them 2 years to make pokemom pearl and diamond so if these screenshots are real then they must haved added something else in pokemon pearl and diamond , they are keeping lots of secrets from us in these's games and could be much more then we think.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    i think these screenshots of pokemon pearl and diamond are fake, because why would game freak waste 2 years making these games and all they do is make the games same as the 3rd generation games. they have the same 2d world and the same 2d graphics as the 3rd generation games. it just took game freak 5 months to make pokemon fire red and leaft green and it takes them 2 years to make pokemom pearl and diamond so if these screenshots are real then they must haved added something else in pokemon pearl and diamond , they are keeping lots of secrets from us in these's games and could be much more then we think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    they may have based all the graphics origanlly off of fr and lg or whatever and expanded....what they do every game some times i really do wish i never found out about all this extra stuff just so i could look at a pokemon game as what it is a Pokemon game and plus the screens came out of Coro Coro or whatever the mags called and it dont exactly look like april fools alot of yall must not know that mags reputation or success where it's origanlly from they cant just up and put fake screens out to the world coro coro isnt some tabloid so please, get over whatever expectations you had and accept that Pokemon diamond and pearl are what there going to be either way

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I really wouldn't mind a 2007 release because of my little plan.

I don't own a DS, and am thinking of buying one exclusivly for D&P, so by 2007, the DS price will have dropped quite a bit!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I guess GameFreak are a bit too conservative.
    The battle scenes/sprites are a bit too 3rd gen for my tastes... :/

Still, the new 3D world map is something new, and I love the new female trainer design.

And Ken Sugimori is moving onto mini-skirts isn't he?
    (I mean since FR/LG ;))

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I wish that the whole game was in 3D. To me that makes no what they did with the battle scenes. Umm.. I like the girl hero she look pretty okay but why do they always wear hats for?
    So Kohei are you going to pick the girl or the boy?

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    kohei said:
    I guess GameFreak are a bit too conservative.
    The battle scenes/sprites are a bit too 3rd gen for my tastes... :/

Still, the new 3D world map is something new, and I love the new female trainer design.

And Ken Sugimori is moving onto mini-skirts isn't he?
    (I mean since FR/LG ;))
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that x_x
    A mini-skirt isn't the best thing to wear on a long journey, though, but who's complaining, at least the FR/LG and D/P female main characters look good *brick'd*
    Dark Venusaur said:
    I wish that the whole game was in 3D. To me that makes no what they did with the battle scenes. Umm.. I like the girl hero she look pretty okay but why do they always wear hats for?
    So Kohei are you going to pick the girl or the boy?

:t003:Dark Venusaur
    Do you know how incredibly slow that would make the game? Especialy if they'd add all the useless stuff you wanted there, like own overworlds for every Pokémon you Fly and Surf on.
    Do you know how much space that would take? There is a limited amount of things you can have on a cartridge. The whole game in 3D, three regions and own overworlds for every Pokémon that can learn Fly and/or Surf, how do you expect Nintendo (or any other company for that matter) to make a game that would require such a huge amount of data (of course it would be possible for a none-handheld console, but for one of the first 3D handheld consoles in the world? Dream on...)? And on top of that you want voice commands and at least 150 Pokémon -_- Not to mention you want the games to be released fast...

Nintendo has always kept the graphics on the simple side, meaning they'll have room for a complicated battle system, trading, breeding, etc, which they probaly wouldn't if they would have used top-notch graphics.
    And I like the simple style. It reminds me of the good ol' days, when 3D grahpics were still new...

shaun0505

45... no...6
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Nice Screens, but it doesn't matter anyway for me, cos whenever the Game is realeased in the us it'll be 6 months until its realease in the UK

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ said:
    True about the game. Not that many things can be held on a gameshark and I should of thought of that first of all.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Not too many things can be held on a gameshark? If by things you mean codes, then you are very wrong.

Back