• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dusk and Dawn Versions

How many of you guys will actually play my game?

• Yes, I will.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No, it sucks.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
  • Your game looks promising, except for one thing. I know cities are supposed to be huge, but OMFG what were you thinking? Lol it isn't that bad, but you might want to condense space a bit. And with the roads, don't extend them for tiles upon tiles until they dead-end at the trees, with no buildings to line them. If you want reference on big cities, just look at the five large-square cities of Sinnoh. Even though they are all relatively large, they have just enough room for movement, without overwhelming the player. For your biggest cities, use Jubilife as a good reference. No Trainer wants to get lost in a big city. And speaking of downsizing, try the same with your Gyms. Each one shouldn't be a Victory Road in itself, unless your game is some kind of time-consuming odyssey (which isn't bad, but changes a lot)

chimcharsfireworks

Lennetto Region Champion
    Years
  • Hey guys, I just thought you might want to see my brand new version of the first batch of maps:
    https://chimcharsfireworkd.deviantart.com/art/Lennetto-WIP-No-1-142172369

Genghoul:
    We actually have half of the pokemon drawn now. The sprites take about five minutes a piece too. I agree about the two versions thing. We now only have one version: POKEMON CITRINE.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    32 legendaries? That's a hell of a lot :\

Also, I think you're rushing things a bit. 300 new Pokémon aren't going to come out very well unless you put a lot of time into them. Some of them seem a bit iffy even now; for example, I can't really imagine a cymbal or a clock working as a Pokémon. Go ahead and prove me wrong, though.
    You seem to be rushing your sprites, too. 5 minutes for a sprite is nothing; when I sprite, it takes me around an hour to make a medium-sized Pokémon sprite. Even the smallest sprites still take me at least 30 minutes... Trust me, you do not want to end up showcasing your game with rushed sprites.

Now for the story. The basic plot sounds good so far, if a bit far-fetched. However, this is a game, so do what you want ;)
    Does the player have to play as a boy? What if a girl wants to play this game? It wouldn't feel right to have a girlfriend in-game if you're a heterosexual girl IRL...
    And where do Charon, Looker, and Sinnoh in general come into your plot? If your game and the main story is set in a new region, why does the player have to go to Sinnoh and repeat exactly what happened in Platinum?
    Finally, story and MMORPGs don't generally go well together. It's hard to include a good story when you have dozens of other people rushing around your maps. MMORPGs tend to focus more on exploration rather than story, anyway.

Anyway, have you started actually making this? Which program/language are you using or planning to use? Your features are pretty ambitious. If you're making an MMORPG, you'll want to store all the player information on the server, so people can't cheat as easily. Storing 3000 Pokémon per player will use up quite a lot of memory.

Am I the only person who gets the feeling that this isn't actually going to be made, and is just a very ambitious dream? If you're making a game, you have to be realistic; although you might want your game to have hundreds of new Pokémon, all the regions, and be an MMORPG, do you have the skills to actually make a game with all those features? You can't just hope to get other people to design, sprite, and code everything for you - you have to do a lot of it yourself. Nobody will want to work for such an ambitious project unless they can see that you're committed to it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I posted less than 2 days after your last post; how is that old?

As I said, mind showing us any of the designs or sprites?

I'm not even going to attempt to understand the meaning of the word 'disembolished' :P

chimcharsfireworks

Lennetto Region Champion
    Years
  • Wichu: None of us have a scanner. This is old, by the way. Half of these ideas are no longer being done, the name is changed, it's not a MMO anymore, the storyline is different, and the maps that are posted here have been edited.

By the way Wichu, disembolished means "deleted". I'm not good at spelling. Everyone should follow their dreams, mine being to finish this game. If I had a scanner, I'd show you my drawings. We've also knocked off quite a few of the pokemon from the list too. Once again, this is old. This thread is really old.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, If I got this correctly, Pokemon are artificial lifeforms created to act as weapons of war. I just wonder, will the allies have their own Pokemon or are they axis exclusive? Also are they called pokemon and if they are, why? Of course there is no need to tell, if these are secrets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back