• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen pokemon dying out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
    Pokemon will not die, never! But- They only sell games and make episodes and movies, if they don't make the games and movies better and better, the people that likes it will get lower and lower! So at the end- they die, so they have to make everything better and better!

I think they should make a Game with a 'side view' like mario or something like that. Nearly all their games has an upper view, like Pokemon ranger.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I agree. They should make something different or have a side scrolling screen. Unless they can make a prevolution of Lapras and sneasel (and others) it will become more and more boring.

dont you guys think that it will come a bit repetitive?
    Yes it has been repetative sice the 2nd gen but like Eureka1 said, thats just how it is.

simplynaruto

Banned
    Years
    We send the robots who play video games to play it till all 10000 are caught, duh! Also like I said it cant die, it wont die, and it shall live. I see myself going to my grandchildren: I remember when charizard was the last form of charmander not charmandillionio-x or some crazy thing like that. Or going to my children showing them my ds and them telling me its old fashioned. Virtual reality is in. Or saying zelda is better with swords not guns. Anyweh like I was rambling nintendo got to uch imagination to stop its games.

Flying Pikachu

Pikachu's Region Webmaster
    Years
    It has bein going for ten years now and it is still a hit and they said they might be making more. i think it will last at least at least 5 years

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    My point was that the release of new pokemon would worsen the metagame. As of now, Nintendo favours sweepers. The introduction of new pokemon would only add more stuff to consider countering. There are already 47 big threats in the OU metagame, and that list would get even bigger with the introduction of new pokemon.

Just to clarify, Spiritomb doesn't really cut it with 50/108/108 defenses, it already takes a lot from neutral attacks. The lack of resistances hurt it even more.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Just to clarify, Spiritomb doesn't really cut it with 50/108/108 defenses, it already takes a lot from neutral attacks. The lack of resistances hurt it even more.

That's doesn't stop it from being a solid BL.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    That's doesn't stop it from being a solid BL.

I don't think you get my point. I was proving that Spiritomb cannot be depended on to wall everything in the metagame. It would get worse if Nintendo decides to introduce more sweepers, making even defensive walling combinations insufficient to provide defence against the threatening sweepers in the metagame.

If Nintendo released more pokemon, it would complicate the metagame further and many teams would have weaknesses to common pokemon in the metagame. I would definitely not support the release of new pokemon, but rather the upgrading or release of pre-evolutions.

It would also not be really detrimental to Nintendo if it decides to release a completely new game with a new storyline but with the same pokemon.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    What pokemon dying? I got to live to see that one. Anywhoo if it does die it would be caused by complexity. I wanna see a 5 year old remembering all 2000+ attack or pokemon or whatever the number is going to be in the future.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    I think this should be corrected pokemon isn't dying out

the tv series is...

I mean i totally lost interest in pokemon the show around season 5 and i missed everything else up to season 10 and i tuned in and oh look brock is still there... no misty.. ash is still main character... and guess what? their still getting chased by team rocket....

there needs to be a humongous change of pace in the pokemon show its so loosely based on the games it's not worth watching all the time. Maybe if Ash actually had a part in breaking up team rocket.

what if heaven forbid team rocket gave up and disbanded and jessie and james joined ash on his journey only for them to be harrassed by team galactica?

but no the series hasn't changed at all and every episode follows this formula.

Ash learns something new about pokemon, brock oogles some girl, Ash gets into a fight with the female member of the team. Team rocket comes in to steal pikachu or another pokemon and fails miserably. Pikachu or another pokemon blast team rocket into the sky.

cmon i wanna see something new already

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    The true factor about this is that it's all such a controversial subject. My opinion is that all good things come to an end. Eventually anyway. Pokemon may have lasted for over ten years, but how many more can they stand? Just look at the Pokemon as they advance through generations, can you safely say that you like the newer Pokemon more than the older ones? The truth is, Nintendo are simply running out of ideas. Purugly is incomparable to a first generation Pokemon. Soon, every Pokemon may just turn out to look like Purugly, and let's face it. No one wants a Pokemon like Purugly. I'm afraid, that one day, as many of you may seem hopeful, Pokemon will come to to an end. Full stop.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    The true factor about this is that it's all such a controversial subject. My opinion is that all good things come to an end. Eventually anyway. Pokemon may have lasted for over ten years, but how many more can they stand? Just look at the Pokemon as they advance through generations, can you safely say that you like the newer Pokemon more than the older ones? The truth is, Nintendo are simply running out of ideas. Purugly is incomparable to a first generation Pokemon. Soon, every Pokemon may just turn out to look like Purugly, and let's face it. No one wants a Pokemon like Purugly. I'm afraid, that one day, as many of you may seem hopeful, Pokemon will come to to an end. Full stop.

I Don't think pokemon should come to an end i think it should reinvent itself. We need a new storyline to be pulled into. There are already so many pokemon whats the point of making more? I mean the pokemon world is so humongous.

I liked gold and silver because of the way they started the story with your rival stealing his pokemon. Pokemon has always been such an open ended game. Well on top of that we need a more linear progressive pokemon game where its less of the free roaming rpg it is now and more of an engaging story.

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    I Don't think pokemon should come to an end i think it should reinvent itself. We need a new storyline to be pulled into. There are already so many pokemon whats the point of making more? I mean the pokemon world is so humongous.

I liked gold and silver because of the way they started the story with your rival stealing his pokemon. Pokemon has always been such an open ended game. Well on top of that we need a more linear progressive pokemon game where its less of the free roaming rpg it is now and more of an engaging story.

I very much agree with you on this. By me stating "Pokemon will come to an end." What I mean is, it's creation. I would really like for Pokemon to continue, I'd like for my children to grow up with it just as I have done. But just more advanced. I hope that Nintendo will reinvent Pokemon with what it already has, I hope it will be 3-D oneday even, and most of the legendaries will be obtainable. The creation of Pokemon will die but the past generations will live on. =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012

Actually, I feel that Nintendo needs to open up more options to the player in future games if they want the metagame to survive. Starting from Gold and Silver, they basically followed a rigid formula and approach to the game while adding on side features that were not really essential to the core gameplay. But Gold and Silver was unique in the way it delivered its story. The player could travel back to Kanto and see how the Pokemon world evolved and changed over the course of the three years that passed since Red and Blue. Honestly, Ruby and Sapphire was where Nintendo started to lose their touch. Contests were fun, but the lack of originality really started to show. You just can't keep following the rigid formula without people realizing they are essentially playing the same game but with slightly different towns/gyms/Elite 4 members. Diamond and Pearl are pretty much where older players draw the line. Except for the Gold and Silver remake (for which they should stay faithful to the original versions), Nintendo needs to take the games in a new direction. Perhaps the goal is to be a gym leaders? Pokemon Center employee? Pokemon merchant? I'm sure we've all dreamed of taking on various roles throughout the game. Why not let us decide what our goals are? It could prove interesting and rewarding to open up the game a bit more and let the player take on more control. Look at where the open-ended The Sims franchise is. It launched half a decade after Pokemon and is gradually catching up (in terms of sales) to Mario and Pokemon. EA just celebrated 100 million copies sold.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, a game shall never come to an end unless ALL copies are taken and annihalated, so even if no more pokemon games are made, pokemon is technically not dead, because you can still keep playing the games (and buying the used ones), making it alive. Don't forget online games, maybe crater will re-open when pokemon will stop existing.
    [AGELIMIT]I'm going to hurt Crater's admin so bad for closing the site... :evil: But, then again there is achance he may return to this little world of pokemon fanatics.[/AGELIMIT]

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    games such as pokemon ranger and mystery dungeon where never hits compaired to the regular gotta catch em all theme. and a side scrooling typr would in my opinion would slate the whole reputation of pokemon. all they can rely do is make more pokemon but what happens when no one can be botherd catching 10,000 pokemon?

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    If Pokemon has died out then why is it the highest played RPG in the world? Why is Pokecommunity not dead?

I'll answer that, it's because Pokemon is the best RPG in the world, nothing can beat it! Nothing! Pokemon is so great that Pokecommunity get a new member every 2 minutes.

That's how good it is.

Pokemon Rules!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    If Pokemon has died out then why is it the highest played RPG in the world? Why is Pokecommunity not dead?

I'll answer that, it's because Pokemon is the best RPG in the world, nothing can beat it! Nothing! Pokemon is so great that Pokecommunity get a new member every 2 minutes.

That's how good it is.

Pokemon Rules!

Whoa whoa, I resent that. Pokemon in the SECOND greatest RPG in the world. Nothing can beat the ignored story telling beauty that is the Xeno series... Honestly, if GF were to play a bit of Xeno and take a few notes on telling an intriguing story, I'll bet you Pokemon could (rightfully) topple Mario for the top game ever in terms of sales. However, if Gen. 5 doesn't have a fresh story, D/P marks the end of my pokemon quest. I've seen it all now, and 493 pokemon are more than enough for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back