• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Eden

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
  • Pokémon Eden
    "Where there is light, there is always darkness..."

Introduction

Hey there. Some of you might know me as "the guy who always gives up." Others might know me as "That Canadian Guy who randomly popped up and left".
    95% of you probably do NOT know me.
    I gave up two of my hacks, even after vowing not to give up Dark Abyss. Well, in a way, I didn't really give up Dark Abyss, because Eden is just a modified version of it. Eden may sound a bit like Tales of Symphonia, but to tell the truth, it had nothing to do with that at the start.
    I left the rom hacking scene for a while, then came back after giving myself a (not so deserved) break.
    Listen, I could ramble on for hours... but I'll just get moving.

Story
    Legend has it, Arceus, the very first being, created the universe with its 1000 arms (DP flavor text). It created a world of light, called Aarden, where it was worshipped as a great God. The people if Aarden lived in peace and prosperity. However, they say "With light comes darkness." Liuden, Aardens' eternal shadow, was created in the process. While Aarden flourished, Liuden suffered. Finally, summoning their own great deity, Giratina, they waged war with Aarden. However, Aarden won the great war, and Liuden suffered further, until it was finally torn apart and was forgotten out of existence...

You are the son/daughter of Prof.Maple (had to continue the tradition) and live in Rosavert Town, in the land of Aarden. When the day to start your journey arrives, you set off with your fathers' Pokemon, and prepare to face the challenges ahead...
    However, after your first few steps into <inserttownname>, you and your friend run into a masked man, interrogating citizens, looking for "a red-eyed girl". When the citizens refuse to talk, you challenge the masked man...
    And the man wins effortlessly. He then runs off, looking for the girl.
    You soon learn that the girl he was looking for is named Tina, and is loved by everyone in the town. You continue your journey with the help of...

Tina
    Tina is a mysterious red-eyed girl whom you befriend. She has many dark Pokemon nd helps you fight in many situations.

POKEMON
    - Absol
    - Mismagius
    - Lunatone

Aaron
    Aaron is a great friend of yours. You have been friends with him from a very early age. He lives with his sister and has no parents, thus your parents have done the job if parenting him. He stands by your side with outstanding loyalty.

POKEMON
    - Tyrogue

OTHER FEATURES

- Two worlds, and a deep story line, full of plot twists.

- 22 DP Pokemon, 20 of which are evolutions of older Gen. Pokemon. (Other two are Arceus and Giratina - Origin)

- A new map-marking system, with a map-marker to find in every town/city. (Map-marking a Town allows you to fly to that town) Made for the sole reason of annoying players, giving a remotely (not really) interesting addition

- At a certain point in-game, all your badges are removed and you must venture through *places* to find them. All of these contain bosses, powerful Pokemon with a 0 catch rate.

- Three Eevees, that evolve into Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh evolutions, unfortunately (for some) you start out with a Kanto Eevee (Sorry Espeon fans) although the other two will be accessible later.

- At a certain point in-game, the player is forced to evolve its Eevee, so train it well.

- New Pokéwatch, (not a watch) a TV/Radio program which tells you to look for certain rare Pokemon. Should you find where it is and catch it, you are awarded a special prize.

- Not all badges are awarded by gyms, reaching a certain feat will also earn you a badge.
    e.g, catching a certain amount of Pokemon.
    All badges are required, however, so don't slack off.

- Extremely hard final battle. (At least lv.80 Pokemon)

- Your father makes discoveries as your journey goes on, therefore you have a mailbox to check every so often

- One of your fathers' specialties is DNA, and he can observe DNA from one of your Pokemon and make others, then releasing them to the Safari Zone.
    For example, you wanted a Jolly Tauros, because yours is Mild, a bad nature. Tauros is not found elsewhere, so your father will release more Tauros into the Safari Zone, and Tauros is then located there.

- New maps, obviously
    - New tiles, after a while.

MEDIA CENTRE
    Spoiler:

More Screenshots coming really soon.

NOTICE BOARD

I DO NOT want this thread to be in the Hack Showcase until I get some screenshots regarding the Storyline.

No, no one will help me with major tasks unless I ask them. Because I'm stingy like that.
    Support banners and the like are fine (not that I'll be getting any support :P)

Last edited:

Hellsing

Years
  • I guess all I can say is : stay tuned.

Holy Bajeezus, I have a lot of spelling errors in the first post.
    Edited some stuff and added some too.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Yea, with all these features , I would play this game.

Hellsing

Years
  • Yea, with all these features , I would play this game.

Even the map-marking? The game uses a level script to mark the map (I'm pretty sure) so just some trial and error (or trial and no error) should allow me to make this feature. It sounds like a pretty simple command.
    I understand it gives a little more challenge, but wouldn't it annoy you in the slightest?

Hellsing

Years
  • More screenshots are up.

For now I'm just posting like every event in the first Town, even simple scripts, just for the sake of showing that I'm still working. They'll probably be deleted after I have more regarding the story.

Hellsing

Years
  • NICE! The Aarden and Liuden idea is absolutely ingenious.

Really? I never thought much of it, but I guess its ok..
    Anyway, screenshots are coming really soon. I've had a lot of homework as of late, so there isn't a lot of time to work on Eden.

Back