• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    This is the best vanilla romhack I've played in a long time. I'm adding this to my personal vanilla rompack. Superb experience, I came here to report about the event tickets but its already issued, so many thanks! I've just beat the game and will finish the pokedéx now (NO CHEATING), so any bugs I will report.

Yayy

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
      Screenshot_1.png
      82.3 KB · Views: 16
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2019
    Hi again! I want to ask about something. When you are in the safari zone and the time is up you spawn at the start and you should go back again and find where you were. Is it possible if you want to continue hunting to pay on the spot?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi again! I want to ask about something. When you are in the safari zone and the time is up you spawn at the start and you should go back again and find where you were. Is it possible if you want to continue hunting to pay on the spot?

That's a good idea, I'm not sure if I can do that but I'll look into it. Personally I just use the acro bike and bunny hip in place to save movement

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2019
    Hi! I have another feature request. Can you make it so in the tournaments and the battle frontier your pokemons earn exp? That way it would be more interesting to fight in them.

Years
  • Hi! I have another feature request. Can you make it so in the tournaments and the battle frontier your pokemons earn exp? That way it would be more interesting to fight in them.

No I don't think that would be a good idea, I WANT to have some way to quickly grind EXP for the Frontier but I haven't found a good way to do it yet

Years
  • No I don't think that would be a good idea, I WANT to have some way to quickly grind EXP for the Frontier but I haven't found a good way to do it yet

Maybe make an in-game Blissey base-type trainer players can rematch once a day, set at level 100 with non-damaging moves. Having a few of those made leveling to 100 in ORAS a breeze.

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • I'm baaaack!

Gee, it's been a while since I last posted here but I have a question as is.

In 7.33 (this being the version I play at the moment), when does the Altering Cave open up again? I'm up 5 badges and currently cleaning New Mauville, but something rings a bell about the EV cave being open at that point in an earlier version. Except now, it's not open yet. And the readmes don't mention the opening point either. So, can I have clarification if my mind's playing tricks or I met a bug?

Still doing a great job on my go-to QoL Emerald hack, mate!

Years
  • I'm baaaack!

Gee, it's been a while since I last posted here but I have a question as is.

In 7.33 (this being the version I play at the moment), when does the Altering Cave open up again? I'm up 5 badges and currently cleaning New Mauville, but something rings a bell about the EV cave being open at that point in an earlier version. Except now, it's not open yet. And the readmes don't mention the opening point either. So, can I have clarification if my mind's playing tricks or I met a bug?

Still doing a great job on my go-to QoL Emerald hack, mate!

Altering Cave opens up after defeating the Elite Four just like in vanilla Emerald. I think what you're remembering was the bugged no-catch script which has since been removed, it was set to turn off upon leaving the cave so that tile could be walked on before the cave opened to make pokemon catchable again. That feature has been permanently removed due to it making all pokemon uncatchable seemingly at random.

Thanks, I'm glad you are still enjoying it :)

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2019
    Can you make at least a patch for it? I don't see any point in competing in tournaments and the battle frontier if you are not going to earn any exp points.

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Altering Cave opens up after defeating the Elite Four just like in vanilla Emerald. I think what you're remembering was the bugged no-catch script which has since been removed, it was set to turn off upon leaving the cave so that tile could be walked on before the cave opened to make pokemon catchable again. That feature has been permanently removed due to it making all pokemon uncatchable seemingly at random.

Thanks, I'm glad you are still enjoying it :)

Ooh. That makes sense lol. Thanks for the clarification.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2019
    Hi,

Loving the game so far so thanks!

Trying to evolve my Kadabra, the readme file says level 40 however I'm at 43 with no joy! Any help? Running version 7.33

Cheers

Years
  • Hi,

Loving the game so far so thanks!

Trying to evolve my Kadabra, the readme file says level 40 however I'm at 43 with no joy! Any help? Running version 7.33

Cheers

This happened before with the No PSS version, sorry about that, I'll make sure to fix that in future versions, for now the versions with the PSS have the evolutions set right. I'll put a rush on the next update!

Years
  • I have identified the problem with the no PSS version, the patch I used to revert the PSS had unfortunately been changing trade evolutions back to vanilla and I have now changed that so it shouldn't happen again. There is also now a detailed list of each route's wild encounters, so now you can be sure if you're looking in the right spot for a specific Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2019
    I have identified the problem with the no PSS version, the patch I used to revert the PSS had unfortunately been changing trade evolutions back to vanilla and I have now changed that so it shouldn't happen again. There is also now a detailed list of each route's wild encounters, so now you can be sure if you're looking in the right spot for a specific Pokemon

Hi mate,

Bit new to this, how do I implement these changes without losing my current progress?

Also not sure I got the versions with the PSS with what I downloaded originally!

Cheers

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi mate,

Bit new to this, how do I implement these changes without losing my current progress?

Also not sure I got the versions with the PSS with what I downloaded originally!

Cheers

What you want to do is get another vanilla Emerald (like brand new download of Emerald with no modifications) and patch it with the new version and then rename it to what your current file is (obviously delete or rename your current one since they can't have the same name at the same time).

As long as you use the download links I provide in this forum thread, it will include a few different versions and optional patches, I've seen some mirrors elsewhere (that I have nothing to do with nor do I really approve of since they don't include everything intended to be in the download) so keep to this thread in order to have the most recent and complete version of Emerald Final. The versions with the PSS are in the root directory of the downloads (right there inside them, don't have to open up any additional folders to find them. Please let me know if you have any more problems!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    Hi,

I've only recently been getting in to Pokemon Rom hacks and just wanted to say that I think the idea of this ROM hack is amazing. Thank you so much for making it!

I was also playing another Emerald Rom Hack called "Altered Emerald" and noticed one thing which could be a good quality of life improvement for this game. When going to heal at Pokemon Centres instead of asking whether you would like your Pokemon healed, it instead automatically heals your Pokemon as soon as you press "A" and cuts out pretty much all of the dialogue. Furthermore, the same is done for using HMs like Rock Smash & berry planting. This is a small thing but I think it is a great quality of life improvement by cutting down on text in regular interactions.

Otherwise, I think this game is really great. Thanks again for putting your time and effort into it!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey I just started playing and I got to Mauville City and am building my team for the third gym and I noticed none of the starter pokemon are in the wild. Are they supposed to be a static encounter (which is kind of what I expected) or are they super fricken rare in the grass? Because if its the latter that really really sucks IMO. I expected Torchic to at least be in an area of 104 you woud need surf to access, same with Cyndaquil on 110. But seeing no sign of Cyndaquil overworld sprite on the little island between Slateport and Mauville has kind of killed a lot of my excitement. After checking the locations a little more closely the idea of having to get Totodile with a super rod is only furthering my disappointment a little, since there isn't any way to properly draw rarer pokemon out of hiding like one could influence the game with certain abilities (Like compound eyes for hold items or synchronize for natures). Plus, having both Squirtle and Mudkip practically right next to each other is pretty odd, seeing as how turtles generally dislike the cold.

One final thing, I would recommend altering movesets of pokemon in the frontier challenges to reflect the PSS better. At the Battle Tent for example there was only one or two pokemon who could effectively battle, even taking into account the nature of the battle factory itself (said pokemon being a jolly swablu and a jolly barboach). Seeing a Goldeen with a Calm nature makes sense in the battle swap challenge does make some sense on account of Seaking technically being a bulky water type, but its ment to be a physical powerhouse rather than a special sweeper. If its at all possible to edit the movesets of all pokemon in the battle tents and battle frontier it may ultimately make it a more balanced and challenging experience IMO.

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • The starters are just rare in the grass. It's like an 1% chance or something like that (despite that I've managed to run into three Torchic in a row on route 104 when I was looking for a Marill to employ as HM slave, so there's that >_>), so they definitely exist, patience is just a virtue.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    The starters are just rare in the grass. It's like an 1% chance or something like that (despite that I've managed to run into three Torchic in a row on route 104 when I was looking for a Marill to employ as HM slave, so there's that >_>), so they definitely exist, patience is just a virtue.

this is gonna hurt a LOT. Gonna have to go back to find a synchronize ralts or Abra to make sure I get the right nature if I cant get a female cyndaquil or torchic to pass natures onto since I don't have a Ditto yet

Back