• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • Just tried v7.37, and I have come across something with the field moves that I'm not sure was intended. Reading through the documentation, mention was made to the requirements of the possessing the HM and badge required to use the HM before the player could use the HM in the field.

I have just managed to use Surf in Dewford less than 5 hours into my playthrough with access to neither the Surf HM or the badge to use it. Additionally, instead of the sprite of my Shroomish to Surf (it was at the head of my party) the sprite of my Zigzagoon (in my 2nd party slot) was shown with the text "Shroomish used Surf".

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it does not seem to be intended.

Years
  • Just tried v7.37, and I have come across something with the field moves that I'm not sure was intended. Reading through the documentation, mention was made to the requirements of the possessing the HM and badge required to use the HM before the player could use the HM in the field.

I have just managed to use Surf in Dewford less than 5 hours into my playthrough with access to neither the Surf HM or the badge to use it. Additionally, instead of the sprite of my Shroomish to Surf (it was at the head of my party) the sprite of my Zigzagoon (in my 2nd party slot) was shown with the text "Shroomish used Surf".

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it does not seem to be intended.

Damn, thought I had it set to wait until you had the badge... Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Awesome. Keep updating this beauty.

Just dont forget The legendarys. (place in fixed place, not wild)

Make The instant lv 50 and nature changer optional (If possible)

Years
  • Awesome. Keep updating this beauty.

Just dont forget The legendarys. (place in fixed place, not wild)

Make The instant lv 50 and nature changer optional (If possible)

The legendary encounters are something I've been having problems with coding for a long time, hoping to get it figured out soon.

Why would you want those two features to be optional? They are post game by choice only features...

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Can you please take out the HM moves without learn? its bit buggy and annoying, i prefer vanilla, or make it optional? (dont get me wrong, i think its should be optional)

Years
  • Can you please take out the HM moves without learn? its bit buggy and annoying, i prefer vanilla, or make it optional? (dont get me wrong, i think its should be optional)

I have got the bugs mostly fixed for the next version, going to have the HMs cutscene removed and change the text to say you used an item for it

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    Hey, just a few questions I wanted to ask about the hack.

For the NPC in Battle Frontier which makes your Pokemon lvl 50, I'm assuming this only works if they are currently lower than lvl 50? I have a Latios I caught on Southern Island which I wanted to use in Battle Frontier; however, it was lvl 50 when caught, meaning that I technically can't EV train it if I want to have it at lvl 50 for the Frontier. On top of that, would it be possible to have the Latios/Latias hold item, Soul Dew, work in the Battle Frontier? I think it currently doesn't work given it's only attainable on one caught on Southern Island, making it inaccessible for most games.

Also, are you thinking of implementing any of the e-reader items/events in the game? For example, there are a fair few Pokeblock berries only accessible that way. I also believe a large aspect of it was battling trainers in the game house in Mossdeep City, which currently can't be really be used in this hack without a wireless connection.

I also just wanted to say again how much I enjoy this hack. I like how self-contained and approachable it is and feel like I may actually be able to (finally) do the Battle Frontier due to all of the IV and EV training tools and accessibility to all Pokemon.

Years
  • Hey, just a few questions I wanted to ask about the hack.

For the NPC in Battle Frontier which makes your Pokemon lvl 50, I'm assuming this only works if they are currently lower than lvl 50? I have a Latios I caught on Southern Island which I wanted to use in Battle Frontier; however, it was lvl 50 when caught, meaning that I technically can't EV train it if I want to have it at lvl 50 for the Frontier. On top of that, would it be possible to have the Latios/Latias hold item, Soul Dew, work in the Battle Frontier? I think it currently doesn't work given it's only attainable on one caught on Southern Island, making it inaccessible for most games.

Also, are you thinking of implementing any of the e-reader items/events in the game? For example, there are a fair few Pokeblock berries only accessible that way. I also believe a large aspect of it was battling trainers in the game house in Mossdeep City, which currently can't be really be used in this hack without a wireless connection.

I also just wanted to say again how much I enjoy this hack. I like how self-contained and approachable it is and feel like I may actually be able to (finally) do the Battle Frontier due to all of the IV and EV training tools and accessibility to all Pokemon.

The level resetting works on any pokemon from level 1 to 100 exactly the same.

The event pokemon are accessible after beating the elite four, just buy the tickets at the Lillycove department store, the one on Southern Island holds the soul dew and the vanilla battle frontier rules have always allowed only one of the same hold item so you couldn't use both Lati's holding two soul dew anyway.

No plans for those e-reader functions or berries currently.

I'm glad you like it, I've always been rather terrible with the battle tower myself so I know exactly how you feel about it!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear regarding the soul dew. Upon doing some research for the Frontier I saw a lot of people mention that whilst the Soul Dew is not a banned item, the item doesn't actually work in the Frontier (i.e. it doesn't provide the stat boost). As such, every guide which use either Latias/Latios say you should use another hold item for this reason.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    Hey dearman

I just want thanks you for all the work, this is one my childhood games and you make this a lot better experience.

I already started a game and im enjoying it.

PD: Is there any way to able/disable exp. share patch (which all party gets exp) in-game? The party get exp at the start although i dont have exp. share item. Thanks!

Years
  • Hey dearman

I just want thanks you for all the work, this is one my childhood games and you make this a lot better experience.

I already started a game and im enjoying it.

PD: Is there any way to able/disable exp. share patch (which all party gets exp) in-game? The party get exp at the start although i dont have exp. share item. Thanks!

That will be added in the next update, did you get it from here or did you get a prepatched version? Because those are not official

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2021
    I tried downloading this ROM hack, but got the following message:

Well, looks like we can't go any further
    The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service.

Apparently it's been taken down yesterday. I'm really hyped about this concept, all the changes sounds really promising.
    I definitely want to play this!

Years
  • I tried downloading this ROM hack, but got the following message:

Well, looks like we can't go any further
    The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service.

Apparently it's been taken down yesterday. I'm really hyped about this concept, all the changes sounds really promising.
    I definitely want to play this!

Did you try the Dropbox link? I added that for this reason

EDIT: Updated mediafire links, they should work now

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2021
    Did you try the Dropbox link? I added that for this reason

EDIT: Updated mediafire links, they should work now

Yeah, the dropbox link did actually work. I didn't realize I had to patch, saw the instruction for that just now, so I'm gonna try.

Thanks for replying so fast and keep up the good work man! Really excited about this

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2021
    Playing the game right now on my pc, really cool to see the sprites of the pre gen 3 pokemon, thank you for making this!
    One thing I noticed tho, was that I am able to use surf everywhere right away, not sure if this is supposed to be like this.

Back